Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 7 January 2012, 14:18
Bland user

It would seem to me that this guy and his minions have played this wrong from day one.
Why not just set the record straight, apologize, show support and move on?

Picking a fight with thousands of highly experienced professional warriors and their friends and family members - seems to be really, really stupid. Trying to curb their right to free speech - really, really stupid.

Considering that the evidence on the net shows that the guys background is at the very least exaggerated - After all the relentless digging, investigating and collating of evidence and data. John G will be totally discredited and out of the biz. Its kind of like mashing 100 hornets nests all at once while kicking a honey badger.

He should have apologized and retracted on day one. What a catastrophic blunder for him.
I can have no respect for him and his friends.
Old 7 January 2012, 14:29
Cry havoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe723 View Post
It would seem to me that this guy and his minions have played this wrong from day one.
Why not just set the record straight, apologize, show support and move on?

Picking a fight with thousands of highly experienced professional warriors and their friends and family members - seems to be really, really stupid. Trying to curb their right to free speech - really, really stupid.

Considering that the evidence on the net shows that the guys background is at the very least exaggerated - After all the relentless digging, investigating and collating of evidence and data. John G will be totally discredited and out of the biz. Its kind of like mashing 100 hornets nests all at once while kicking a honey badger.

He should have apologized and retracted on day one. What a catastrophic blunder for him.
I can have no respect for him and his friends.
Always know your audience....apparently he thought he could bully, and that his SEAL pal and School Principal or the old timers at the associations would somehow scare people here, most of whom have been in SOF units their entire adult life. And for the past 10 years actively killing badguys.

Very poor SA.

Really dumb.

Mostly just totally fucking gay and as you mention completely fucking avoidable. In the face of such stupidity one almost has to wonder if it wasn't purposeful. Nah, just a bunch of retarded bullies.

Two eyes from the east.
Old 7 January 2012, 14:38
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
John Giduck....
Never heard of him.
Old 7 January 2012, 14:39
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR.Montcalm View Post
Is this the same SGMAnderson that taught at USASMA?

If so then I'm shocked.

To Mr Giduck-

SOCnet's answer to your ridiculous claims and general asshattery-

"aggredior defungo"

Jesus, I have a serious itch on my Giducks; maybe I'll scratch them when I wipe my Archangel after taking a healthy Michelle Fagin...
I couldn't really tell ya RM, after 3/5 I think he went off to 1st Gp. Haven't seen or heard from him in yrs.....good thing???
Old 7 January 2012, 14:44
Been There Done That

Giduck,

Mr. Rogers thinks you suck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MR Rogers thinks you suck.jpg (9.6 KB, 754 views)
‎"There is no such thing as an "Ex" Ranger. We may get old, and we may be broken, but a Ranger is of the Heart. As long as the heart continues to beat, the Ranger continues to dwell inside"! CSM (R) Joe Mattison.....
Old 7 January 2012, 15:04
FIDO

Quote:
Its kind of like mashing 100 hornets nests all at once while kicking a honey badger.
Mr. Giduck, you would have been better off pissing off Chuck Norris!
Old 7 January 2012, 15:04
Been There Done That

Giduck and company, I imagine the scrutiny you're under now is going to bring things to light you never imagined would be seen by the entire world wide web.

But then again we never thought someone with the lack of background you have would come in our house and challenge us and try to curb our constitutional rights. Nor that those in your ranks with a background would sell their brethren out. But PNG's are the norm, because even in SOF we have our 10%ers.

Keep up the good work, ladies and gentlemen of SOCNet.

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot
Old 7 January 2012, 15:57
Errant

Would this not fall under the Stolen Valor Act? Or have recent rulings on the appeals circuits rendered the act less of an issue?

If possible, there would seem to be a massive paper trail in this situation, and I can't imagine drawing fees for speaking without engendering some sort of liability for fraud...
Old 7 January 2012, 18:22
Administrator

The guy who started this thread is Dr Dick Castor. http://socnet.com/showthread.php?t=1...ghlight=giduck

This appears to be him. http://www.ohioschoolboards.org/staff-directory?id=1059

Unless I'm missing something, he doesn't appear to have any operational or tactical counter terrorist qualifications other than being an associate of Giducks.

Here is what he wrote for Giducks new book-

Quote:
This is a textbook on the history and future of terrorist threats we will see worldwide, including in the United States. Read it with a highlighter in hand. You will not gain everything from it with only one reading. Read it, highlight it and then go back and read it again!
Dr. Dick Caster
Former Executive Director of the National Association of School Resource Officers
Old 7 January 2012, 18:28
Firearms Industry Exile

Negative, never mind.

Rest Easy SOTB
Old 7 January 2012, 18:53
Confirmed User

The mindset of someone in this kind of situation piques my interest.

You wonder if they're sitting there shitting themselves at the possibility of lost profits, or lost credibility.

Or if they actually legitimately think they're the aggressor, with a "high ground" of sorts, not knowing it's going to blow up in their face later on.

By the by, this reminds me of some of my favorite legal threat interactions from a few years back

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/legal-threats/

If you have an hour, good laughs. Many a time I've taken that same track with online legal threats, even proffering my esteemed attorney, Dr Leonard J Crabs.
Old 7 January 2012, 20:05
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbreeze View Post
I think that this is the gentleman who wrote that thesis, listed under administration at the top center of the page:

Sending him an email now directing him to this thread. Hope y'all don't mind.
We'd like to speak with him. We plan to follow up on this no matter what effort needs to be taken. Thanks
Old 7 January 2012, 20:10
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cass View Post
Virgil Tibbs will pay my share. You will, won't you Virg? We are pals, no?
I'll spend my every last dime for you Cass!

me 26FEB20133538PST
Old 7 January 2012, 20:36
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by assertnull View Post
You wonder if they're sitting there shitting themselves at the possibility of lost profits, or lost credibility.

Or if they actually legitimately think they're the aggressor, with a "high ground" of sorts, not knowing it's going to blow up in their face later on.
I will put money that it's the former and not the latter as of right now. Maybe yesterday prior to the start of this thread it was the latter. I will also wager that Giduck himself has seen this, and all of his co-conspirators have at least been directed toward it.

The silence is deafening....
Old 7 January 2012, 20:45
Scotty's Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC2W View Post

Very poor SA.

The very best comment of this entire thread.
Old 7 January 2012, 21:14
Russian Tycoon

I am thoroughly disgusted.

I will not buy excuses that I expect to hear shortly from Giduck's camp that he was not aware of himself being referred as an Army Ranger or a Special Forces Soldier on promotional materials and websites for his lectures. He seems to be on top of all the other Internet traffic references to himself, otherwise his accomplices would not have been joining us on several occasions.

Mr. Giduck should have known better that there is no such thing as a lost trace. Every claim that he has ever made will now be scrutinized and verified.

What pisses me off the most that Giduck and the like compromise credibility of legit counter-terrorism experts, people who gained their experience by walking the walk.

What a disgrace and all of it for money.
Old 7 January 2012, 21:43
Grumpy Bastard

Quote:

< Its kind of like mashing 100 hornets nests all at once while kicking a honey badger. >
A disturbing (but damn funny) mental picture.
Old 7 January 2012, 21:51
ORP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
Ranger huh? Jesus that was dumb thing for him to do. He's just poked a whole different sleeping giant. One that normally isn't as convivial as our SF brothers.

Enjoy 2012 asshole. You'll never forget it.

Last edited by Ranger1; 7 January 2012 at 21:53.
Old 7 January 2012, 21:53
Swimming Upstream

Well, would you look at that!
- Faith involves believing in the veracity of the unprovable and unobservable, whether that consists of religion or theoretical physics, which at the very subatomic level start looking rather similar. -ET1/SS Nuke
Old 7 January 2012, 22:08
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walken1 View Post
Contacted USPA to check JM rating. I know that's small potatoes compared to the rest, but I wonder how much of that bio is fabricated or exaggerated.
No, it's not small potatoes. I handled a trio of posers 15 years in Hollywood, and two of them claimed to be fast rope masters and set up training for a PD. End result: One LEO medically retired.

Claiming to be a master of any insertion/recovery technique is LOT more than a couple of carnival rides and sexing up your resume. Lives are on the line; and you better have a f*cking solution fast when your students get a bright idea.

Without checking I can tell you straight up Mr. Giduck is NOT qualified to teach Tactical SCUBA or Tactical Parachuting. I was a rated master in those areas and instructed in both. I just missed being a SOF Dive Supervisor by 1,000 jumps...
Closed Thread

Our new posting rules