Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 8 January 2012, 23:01
Scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
John Meyer, another man who served honorably in SF, current president of the Special Operations Association, apparently also forgot what honor means and is comfortable with using his position to side with Giduck over current and retired Special Forces NCOs and Officers. He has assisted John Giduck by apparently disclosing private information about members of the SOA in order to allow Giduck to mail out threats to them. Im sure its just a coincidence he wrote a nice foreword pitch for Giducks new book The honorable warriors who are members of the SOA would be well served to investigate Meyers relationship with Giduck and how he involved the SOA.
Just to mention it one more time: Archangel Group gave $10,000 to SOA in 2008. And the second screenshot shows who the officers of Archangel were at the time.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2012-01-08 at 10.02.06 PM.png (48.8 KB, 733 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2012-01-08 at 10.08.22 PM.png (31.0 KB, 728 views)

It's not a good idea to allow an unknown enemy force to attack your compound. Ever, really. -MixedLoad

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." -HST

Secrets don't sleep til they're took to the grave. -BMTH

Last edited by Jimbo; 8 January 2012 at 23:08. Reason: Add screen shot
Old 8 January 2012, 23:15
Confirmed User

Not to mention...

Anderson was compensated with an unknown amount for Firearms instruction so says the 2007 statement.
Old 8 January 2012, 23:43
Authorized Personnel

Just want to say that Jimbo is really kicking ass in this thread. No homo.
Old 9 January 2012, 02:40
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
Just to mention it one more time: Archangel Group gave $10,000 to SOA in 2008. And the second screenshot shows who the officers of Archangel were at the time.
Question, I believe I saw it before but I can't find it now, giduck is an honorary life member of SOA, correct? When did he receive that, does SOA do any pay for play? I don't have that knowledge but I figure one of you might.
Old 9 January 2012, 03:59
Doc McNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTB View Post
I'm not sure what I find more humorous -- that someone feels comfortable enough telling people they are a terrorologist or that there are boards actually certifying people as such.

Wow....
Well said, Brother.

This is like my indisputable and unverifiable claim that I banged a broad who has a cousin who knew someone that was definitely friends with an uncle who was a roadie for Eddie Money.

Mr Giduck - this is the level of your credibility. If you can REALLY prove a relationship with downtown Moscow SWAT cops...please do. And don't insult us with "secrecy". If you can make money on your claim, you can explain it here.

Last edited by sarc88; 9 January 2012 at 04:12.
Old 9 January 2012, 10:25
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMedic View Post
Question, I believe I saw it before but I can't find it now, giduck is an honorary life member of SOA, correct? When did he receive that, does SOA do any pay for play? I don't have that knowledge but I figure one of you might.
Any where you see an association that has "honorary" memberships, it is pay for play 98% of the time. Usually folks that donate money or services frequently or are friends with the orgs officers. Usually those folks who donate like this suddenly become above reproach in the eyes of the officers of the association and the average members have no clue what is going on...

Case in point Giduck with the SOA and SF associations. Especially, Giduck who flaunts memberships as if he actually met the criteria to actually be a full member, yet he fully lacks any qualifications or experience to be a member. In his fantasy land, Giduck actually believes he meets the quals and is equal to those that actually served. He is the worst type of poser, and the officers of the association that allow him to perpetuate this fraud should be stripped of membership as well. The officers have failed in their fiduciary responsibility to the members at large.

JP
I heard a Green Beret say once to a man that failed a highly demanding school, "It is still the individual effort, the ability to take one more step, and to understand that the pain of finishing is more intense, but finite, however the pain of quitting is unbearable..... and eternal.

Last edited by rgrjoe175; 9 January 2012 at 10:35.
Old 9 January 2012, 10:28
Administrator

Couple points that we want to emphasize-

If you haven't read this entire thread and/or don't completely understand what the issue is, don't post any comments.

We are not attacking the SOA or SFA. We are pointing out what appears to be John Giduck worming his way into an organization and those that supported him in these effort.

We hold the regular members of these two organizations in the highest regard. Their service to our Nation is an example we never forget. The trails they blazed set a standard that many are working to uphold to this day.

Thank you.
Old 9 January 2012, 10:45
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMedic View Post

And this one From the investigative fund (not sure why) has Bails rebuttle and a response from the original Washington monthly authors.

Delete if this is a repeat (or unnecessary) but i dont think it is.
I just read this. Wow. There must have been a sale on Kool-Aide somewhere. The original authors rebuttal to the rebuttal was pretty coherent.

P
Old 9 January 2012, 10:49
Been There Done That

Quote:
We are not attacking the SOA or SFA. We are pointing out what appears to be John Giduck worming his way into an organization and those that supported him in these effort.

We hold the regular members of these two organizations in the highest regard. Their service to our Nation is an example we never forget. The trails they blazed set a standard that many are working to uphold to this day.

Thank you.
I should have made that clear in my post.

On a side note associations can acknowledge individual contributions in ways other than "honorary" memberships.

JP
I heard a Green Beret say once to a man that failed a highly demanding school, "It is still the individual effort, the ability to take one more step, and to understand that the pain of finishing is more intense, but finite, however the pain of quitting is unbearable..... and eternal.
Old 9 January 2012, 10:49
Whatever Sucks the Most

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
I am sure Giduck was vigilant in making sure that the money and activities of his commercial and nonprofit entities were sufficiently compartmentalized so as to prevent any commingling of funds or resources. I am sure of this because Giduck has been so diligent about making sure details about him and his company are accurate.
I believe that I read on the internet that it is possible to refer a not-for-profit entity to the IRS for investigation when it is possible that it has commingled funds with a for-profit entity. The rules for not-for-profits are quite specific, and quite strict.

I could swear that it is possible to do this anonymously, over the internet, via the IRS website.

But my memory is no longer trustworthy. Perhaps if a bunch of folks do this, it may draw the attention of the IRS. They are generally willing to open an audit of just about anybody, for any reason.

And this is a good thing, right? We all have to follow rules.
Old 9 January 2012, 11:18
Going cyclic!!

I think perhaps we misunderstood geedunk. I think he meant to say he was preparing for Special FOrces, but was run over by a earthmover while jogging in teh forest.
Old 9 January 2012, 11:27
Confirmed User

Quote:
Couple points that we want to emphasize-

If you haven't read this entire thread and/or don't completely understand what the issue is, don't post any comments.

Thank you.
If I conveyed any ill towards the SOA I appologise. I knew they were stringent and the real deal as far as members go, I was attempting to determine if he received his honorary membership based on exagerations or if he paid for the honor to give credence to his exagerations. He is clearly using his association with these SF groups to imply his "experience", which seems a disservice to the actual real deal honorable members.
Old 9 January 2012, 11:49
Administrator

Dear visitors and guests,
If you're going to come here and take screen shots, you may want to actually register. This will allow you to see the attachments as well.

We're not going to take down or modify anything, but this may make you feel better about your efforts.

All the best.
Old 9 January 2012, 12:09
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by magician View Post
Someone should probably verify his educational credentials.

They very well could be as false as everything else.
Magician is right. I suspect that giduck has made claims akin to Alexander Kemos. I am not detracting from the thread, but want to provide an example about how lying about education and military experience net someone large amounts of $$$. Kemos was in the 3rd highest billet at Texas A&M, and was pulling in about $300k per yr.

http://www.theeagle.com/am/Kemos-resigns-amid-scandal

Those who can vett giduck's education should do so with the same vigor as his military claims.

Quote:
Dear visitors and guests,
If you're going to come here and take screen shots, you may want to actually register. This will allow you to see the attachments as well.

We're not going to take down or modify anything, but this may make you feel better about your efforts.

All the best.
They think they are some of the most sneaky folks on the planet....probably because giduck certified them as such...
Old 9 January 2012, 14:29
Confirmed User

Quote:
The guy who started this thread is Dr Dick Castor. http://socnet.com/showthread.php?t=1...ghlight=giduck

This appears to be him. http://www.ohioschoolboards.org/staff-directory?id=1059

Unless I'm missing something, he doesn't appear to have any operational or tactical counter terrorist qualifications other than being an associate of Giducks.

Here is what he wrote for Giducks new book-

Dr. Dick Caster
Former Executive Director of the National Association of School Resource Officers
Was just doing a people search for Giduck and ran across this:

Quote:
Copyright 2011 Zoom Information, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
Zoom People Information

April 2011

Mr. John Giduck

********** CAREER INFORMATION **********
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY: President, Archangel Group
Chief Executive Officer, Archangel Group (Past)
Senior Consultant and Instructor, Archangel Group (Past)
Lifetime Member, Special Operations Association
Lifetime Executive Member, British Professional Bodyguard Association
Member of the Executive Advisory Board, American College of Homeland Security (Past)
Board Member, National Association of School Resource Officers (Past)
Member of the Executive Advisory Board, Police Magazine; Police Marksman magazine (Past)
I don't know exactly how Zoom complies their biographies but I believe they do so by crawling the visible web. Neither do I know how accurate they are because I don't frequently use them as a source of information.

It's possible that they're mistaken in indicating that Giduck was a Board member of the NASRO.

The obverse of that is that Mr. Giduck actually was a Board member and that that is how he and Mr. Caster became close enough that Caster would go to bat for him.

The NASRO provides no listing of former Borad members.

The following is a link to the current Executive Board:

http://www.nasro.org/mc/page.do?site...0&orgId=naasro

95% of Board members are LEOs (from all over the country).

I considered reaching out to the NASRO myself to inquire as to whether or not Mr. Giduck actually was a Board member, and if so during which time period, and if he served during the same time period as Mr. Caster.

But I was afraid that the "thin blue line" being what it is there was a better chance that a LEO would recieve an answer.

Not saying that the NASRO would stonewall me, just that I figure there's a much better chance that, if they were going to stonewall anyone, it would be me as opposed to a fellow LEO.

Finally, I don't know if this is even information that you'd want or care about, but if you're willing to pull on any strings to see where they lead I figure I'd provide it.
Old 9 January 2012, 15:36
Teaching my cat to read..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soot View Post
Your Post
Holy Crap! This guy must be like Mystique from the X-Men, in that he takes the powers/ and can morph into anyone he's ever met, ie Dan Castor. I'm staying out of this mess. We don't want Mr. Giduck to be able to impersonate a ruggedly handsome, good-shooting (and amazingly smart, although I think it's too late for that) guy, now do we?
Old 9 January 2012, 16:55
Administrator

RFI-
We need someone in the UNC area to contact the hosting coordinator of the recent event Giduck spoke at there. We would like them to be asked who gave them the bio information they used on the advertising flyer.

This is something that needs to be done very professionally. If you can do it, please do and get back to us. We need a name, position and contact information. You do not need to post that you're on it and do not post the requested information. Send it to one of the Administrators.

Thanks
Old 9 January 2012, 17:05
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
RFI-
We need someone in the UNC area to contact the hosting coordinator of the recent event Giduck spoke at there. We would like them to be asked who gave them the bio information they used on the advertising flyer.

This is something that needs to be done very professionally. If you can do it, please do and get back to us. We need a name, position and contact information. You do not need to post that you're on it and do not post the requested information. Send it to one of the Administrators.

Thanks
Perhaps they recorded the event and any introduction or biographical content spoken by Mr Giduck could be obtained as well.
Old 9 January 2012, 17:19
Administrator

Update-
For those of you who are still viewing as a guest or visitor. Here's a pic and bio on the dude who presumed to come and lecture us about a "warrior" and speak for Law Enforcement. Interestingly enough, he doesn't appear to have any tactical background. Surprise, surprise.
Caster.jpg

Dr. Richard Caster
Senior School Board Services Consultant

Email: XXXXXXXXXXX
Phone: (614) XXXXXXX
Fax: (614) XXXXXXXX

Education
Doctor of Education in School Administration
University of Akron

Master of Science in Technical Education
University of Akron

B.A. in English
Walsh University

Previous Experience

Executive Director
National Association of School Resource Officers

Director of Administrative Services
Dublin City Schools

High School Principal
South-Western City Schools

Assistant Superintendent
Newark City Schools

Deputy Director of Board Development
OSBA

Organizational Memberships

National Alliance of Superintendent Searchers

National School Boards Association State Trainers

International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association

International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors

Ohio School Law Journal Advisory Board

__________________________________________________ _

We think we have broken the code on "Sherri" who was listed in the first post as well.

Walter Chi, we haven't forgotten about you, either.

Thanks
Old 9 January 2012, 17:26
Confirmed User

Heard back from the USPA. Here is the email:

Hi Mike,

We have a member by that name in the USPA database, but he has not been a member of USPA since 1999, and he has never held a USPA instructional rating of any type, including the old Jumpmaster ratings that were retired from the USPA system almost 10 years ago.

Regards,

Jim Crouch

Well, skydive instuctor is a LIE. It's official, from the ST&A of the USPA.

Anybody surprised? Who wants to make a bet the rest is bullshit too?

Edit for Google search...John Giduck is NOT, and NEVER WAS, a skydive instructor, JM, nor is he an active (current) jumper!
"You see, violence merely creates more violence. It's a cycle that never ends... You insult me, I shoot you, you drop dead, someone else insults me... And it just keeps repeating over and over again. And for what?"

Last edited by Walken1; 9 January 2012 at 17:36.
Closed Thread

Our new posting rules