Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Areas of Expertise > Technology and Communications

Old 16 October 2017, 14:49
Confirmed User

^^^^^^ I use the the same as Jafo ^^^^^^^ has reduced the number of calls I receive drastically. I was getting hammered by calls for a person other than myself. A majority of the calls were related to solar for the home, with the callers having the name of the individual and his home address. After tiring of getting the calls and saying wrong number, I then began to make appointments for the callers to come to my home, and give me estimates for the work. I know that they came out, as i would get calls saying, hey, we are here and you are not.
Old 16 October 2017, 18:19
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check 6 View Post
www.nomorobo.com Works great, lasts a long time.
This. I also use it, and it works wonderfully.
Old 17 October 2017, 04:34

Twice now, I've received a call that spoofs a local area code number but it hangs up, calls back and immediately hangs up again, but some how a voice mail is left stating the "HR department on file will be contacted." It's a bunch of bullshit obviously, but I'm wondering how the hell do they call and hang up so quickly, then do it again and leave a message without the phone ringing? I suspect they are trying to make it look like someone has called you twice and it must be important cause normally most robocalls won't dial you twice in a row.

I hate spammers.

Our new posting rules