Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge > Travel

Old 25 July 2017, 18:08
Anesthetized User

Allegiant Air P.N.G.

Seem a few hundred passengers are stranded at McCarran till Thursday with zero help from Allegiant. Refunds in 10 days or so, zero support, hotels, food etc. From the article.

PNG status awarded.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/0...-thursday.html

Support SOCNET.
Old 25 July 2017, 18:25
Been There Done That

Well, there's worse places to be stranded than in Vegas. I was "stranded" in Angeles City in 1989 for 7 days due to MAC flights getting re-routed. It sucked balls. Literally. But yea, Allegiant is f'ing these folks big time, maybe a Chapter 11 in the near future.
Old 25 July 2017, 18:29
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGH0922 View Post
Well, there's worse places to be stranded than in Vegas. I was "stranded" in Angeles City in 1989 for 7 days due to MAC flights getting re-routed. It sucked balls. Literally. But yea, Allegiant is f'ing these folks big time, maybe a Chapter 11 in the near future.
I see and understand what you did there....
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Iím attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 25 July 2017, 19:26
Spice Weasel

You get what you pay for. Allegiant is a low-cost, no frills airline with extremely limited schedules. It's like a Greyhound bus--there's about one or two a week for a particular route.

The meals, hotels, booking onto other airlines, etc. is done by other airlines to retain a customer base that buys for reasons other than price alone, while Allegiant customers are purchasing only on the basis of price. There will always be customers for Allegiant, irrespective of the bad press.

"Never saw a shark swimming down my street, although that would be kinda cool." --Purple36

Our new posting rules