Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Marine Corps Special Operations > Recon Marines

Old 28 December 2017, 17:39

Force Recon Fraud

One of my family members says he was force recon during the early 1980s. There's a lot about his story that is very difficult to believe, and I would like to expose this with your help.

He was in the Marine Corps for only 4 years active duty. Sounds like it would be hard to get in and out of Force Recon in such a short time?

He said that in the early 80s the Force Recon would use BUDS school for their pipeline, so he claims to be a BUDS graduate and trained with Navy Seals. He even has a BUDS graduation watch.

I pulled his service record with the free information act, and it has no mention of Force Recon or special training, just a 0151 MOS admin clerk. Is it possible to get into Force Recon without being infantry first? Is it possible that the Marine Corps removed his training from his service record because it was classified?

To all you Force Recon guys, thank you for your service and sacrifice. I would appreciate your help on this. Especially you guys that are familiar with the pipeline back in the 80s.

Thanks!
Old 28 December 2017, 18:16
Been There Done That

He's full of shit. No need to explain why, he just is. Call him on it, preferably in front of other family members.
Old 28 December 2017, 18:19
Another pool cleaner

I won't go into specifics or details but Navy BUDS has nothing to do with USMC Force Recon pipeline or MOS.

But, we do cross-train and deploy with them and many other units.

If he does not have 0321 or 865x (old MOS nomenclature), then his claim is false.

Tell your family member to man up.

Being a veteran is good enough. Don't need to embellish.
Old 28 December 2017, 19:00
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15schneiderjd View Post

Thanks!
Post an introduction as directed in your welcome email.

Our new posting rules