Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > 75th Ranger Regiment

Old 10 January 2018, 14:17
Been There Done That

1SG Neilsen was hilarious to watch and thankful not to work for. then again, I lived in "Lane's World" so I didn't need a double tap that close together.
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical and radical minority, rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 13 January 2018, 11:53
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerJurena View Post
The culprits name was Owens. I'll follow up with more but I'm on my phone
Since this thread floated up to the top.

So many "great" memories from this lock down. Being a PFC was quite the joy ride after a few days, but it builds character they say.

Here were some of the better ones:

1sg Ponder and Cpt. Greene decide to pass a box around so you can put anything you know about the event in and not worry about being the one who gave up the info.

The first big clue... "its in the pond by the 9th hole of the HAAF golf course". This "crack" leadership team in charge of the investigation decide "it could happen"

So, Duke Durkan and Doc Cook rally up the Scuba guys and spend the day splashing around in the pond. Rumor has it, Doc Cook's truck was later seen hauling Scuba gear and a KEG back to the Special Skills locker. It is also speculated that one of the Scuba guys submitted this "clue".

I probably spent the day riding a buffer or low crawl racing down the hall...

In a later formation, the CO is pulling out the "clues" and reading them to himself one by one. Suddenly he stops and says, "Charlie Company, I don't know who wrote it but Fuck You, too!"

We got a good laugh out of that one!

I probably spent the rest of the day riding a buffer or low crawl racing down the hall...
Old 17 January 2018, 11:53
Been There Done That

Man, I detested Luke S. Greene. I simply had no use for the man. I wasn't the only one. I remember there was a song on the radio at the time with a line that went "My name is Luca..." Chief Carlson had nicknamed the CO "Mucus Greene" and went around singing "My name is mucous..."
Old 17 January 2018, 17:10
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-rgr View Post
Man, I detested Luke S. Greene. I simply had no use for the man.
The same Greene that would have been a PL in B co in 87-88? Big martial arts guy?

SGT A/1/75 86-89
Ranger Class 13-87

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children will have peace." - Thomas Paine
Old 17 January 2018, 19:44
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post
The same Greene that would have been a PL in B co in 87-88? Big martial arts guy?
Don't think so as I arrived C.Co 87, lock down was December 87, I think. He was the CO then.

And as a observant young Ranger, the comments by X- rgr seemed to echo in our 1276 cell.

Our new posting rules