Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Psyop/Civil Affairs

Old 7 February 2016, 15:35

Psyop vs CA

Hello. Currently I am serving AD as an 11B. Recently I have began the search into a reclass. These two positions are what I have narrowed everything down to. I have come here to get some advice and opinions from people who have held these positions and to hear what you all have to say about these professions.
Old 9 February 2016, 22:03
Cloud bursting...

FNG,

First off, read the stickies, you need to post an intro in the introductory forum before proceeding.

PSYOP is a great career field. I have had lots of fun in both the 37F CMF and 35F CMF (while supporting PSYOP). I have met a lot of ex 11Bs in the PSYOP community, and they typically enjoy it. Coming out of the 11B CMF I imagine that you would like to remain "tactical", if that is the case, then I would recommend Tactical PSYOP. You will get to work in small teams (typically a three man team), and deploy to various locations around the world. Though the optempo for Afghan is becoming slower and slower, the PSYOP optempo is fairly steady. That being said, if you do not wish to be tactical and want to explore the horizons, there are also more strategic positions such as regional teams, which may work out of even more various locations and embassies.

Everyone has their own experience, I can not speak for all, but I have enjoyed it. The field is very broad, and there is a lot to do. This post is very limited and not overly in-depth, but hopefully I have shed a little light for you.

Good luck with making a decision.

Last edited by Psyop Shaw; 9 February 2016 at 22:07. Reason: Added the stickies comment

Our new posting rules