Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Old 8 January 2017, 17:40
RIP Cass and SOTB

I thought Scout Sniper course was at Lejune? Do they have one on the west coast as well? I don't know about the Ranger Qual claim, I don't see USAF sending a SECFOR guy to Ranger. Maybe a TACP or something like that.
Old 9 January 2017, 18:27

There are actually 3 schools for the scout sniper course for the marine corps. theres Camp Pendleton CA, Camp Jejune NC, and Quantico VA. And they shut down Hawaii's School about two years ago now. But I have also never heard of a USAF SECFOR guy being sent to Ranger.
Old 9 January 2017, 19:02
Authorized Personnel

Not unheard of for an AFSF guy to go to Ranger School:

https://www.dvidshub.net/news/198541...school-why-not
Old 9 January 2017, 19:26
Administrator

All of you providing info are helping future posers.

Please refrain from adding in unless you're welcoming someone or questioning credentials.

Thanks
Old 10 January 2017, 02:39
Been There Done That

Have we ever wrung our hands over an FNG like this before? That only posted once and hasn't been on here since he posted his intro?
Old 13 January 2017, 11:54

Hello,

My name is Dylan Carragher, I've been working on the WPS contract off and on since 2011. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX.

Thanks,
Dylan

Last edited by RGR.Montcalm; 15 January 2017 at 07:03. Reason: Didn't follow rules
Old 13 January 2017, 13:35
Preparing to defend

Hmm... I'm sure someone will have something to add.
Old 15 January 2017, 07:02
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPS_Rec_Carragher View Post
Hello,

My name is Dylan Carragher, I've been working on the WPS contract off and on since 2011. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thanks,
Dylan
First, this is the Introduction thread- not "Hey, I'm fly fishing for contractors in a target rich environment" thread. Read the rules and contact the correct Moderator in the correct thread and ask permission to post your info.

Second, we're pretty much PERSEC wary here. Contact an Admin (Dark Helmet, Sharky, SilverBullet, Ace) about changing your screen name. It wont affect your ability to post or get people to pay attention to your post- especially for jobs.

Third, welcome.

Thanks
Old 15 January 2017, 09:53

Hello Everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Six years in the Guard as a 19D. Graduated college and have been riding a desk a few years now. Stealing knowledge from the community here, to make an informed decision when it comes time to ditch the desk full time.

Great community, look forward to future conversations.
Old 15 January 2017, 11:21
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
Hello Everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Six years in the Guard as a 19D. Graduated college and have been riding a desk a few years now. Stealing knowledge from the community here, to make an informed decision when it comes time to ditch the desk full time.

Great community, look forward to future conversations.
Welcome!
Old 15 January 2017, 14:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR.Montcalm View Post
First, this is the Introduction thread- not "Hey, I'm fly fishing for contractors in a target rich environment" thread. Read the rules and contact the correct Moderator in the correct thread and ask permission to post your info.

Second, we're pretty much PERSEC wary here. Contact an Admin (Dark Helmet, Sharky, SilverBullet, Ace) about changing your screen name. It wont affect your ability to post or get people to pay attention to your post- especially for jobs.

Third, welcome.

Thanks
I got permission from the admins to post. Everything I posted could be found in an google search. I'm not fly fishing for candidates. I just introduced myself and my background.

Last edited by WPS_Rec_Carragher; 15 January 2017 at 14:13.
Old 15 January 2017, 14:24
Administrator

Please list your actual background instead of just WPS stuff.

Also, the permission you were given was to post that info in the jobs area, not in the introduction area.

Thanks
Old 16 January 2017, 13:02

Hello again,

I graduated from The George Washington University with a BA in International Affairs: Security & Conflicts with a focus on MENA region. Have a background in government contracts in conflict and post-conflict areas. Worked on projects in Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, Central African Republic, and other African countries. Currently working for SOC.
Old 27 January 2017, 12:12

Introduction

Hello everyone my name is Fry,
I am still in high school and I am hoping to join the Marines when I get out. I am applying to the USNA and if I don't make it into the academy I am enlisting. My ultimate goal is to be a CSO in MARSOC or a SEAL, depending on which path I take. As of right now I am in Army JROTC and I am my Battalions CSM as a sophomore. I am also in Young Marines as a team leader, YM LCPL. I joined this site to learn more about what I want to do and network within the community.
Thank you,
Fry
Old 27 January 2017, 12:16
0311/8651

OOHRAH
Old 27 January 2017, 12:47

Hi all,

For an intro I am an old guy and if you think I will be intimidated by some of you 10K+ posters you are wrong.

That said, did my basic at Fort Ord, INF AIT at Tigerland and airborne just outside of Columbus Georgia. Volunteered for Nam and was sent to an air mobile unit at Campbell for my indiscretion.

I jokingly tell everyone that I was the second one assigned to my company after the company clerk and that my cousin, the XO was the third. Truth is, I was third and my cousin, the XO was 7th or 8th. Maybe 9th.

My test scores and good attitude allowed me then to be transferred to a leg unit of the Berlin Brigade which, thank god was walled in so we could not hump over 10-12 miles in any direction (airborne!). I did have the distinct pleasure of being in the only unit to run the full length of the Wall and we were the only unit (Brigade) at the time specifically trained in urban combat. Not that it would have mattered, there were 275,000 soviets in East Berlin (10K of us) and I read somewhere that the soviets took 100 trainloads (not car loads, train loads) of ammunition out of East Berlin after the fall of the Wall.

Currently, waiting (hoping to retire).
Old 27 January 2017, 12:47

Hello to All

Hi Folks, I served in the Army National Guard in the 140th Signal Battallion in Colorado. My mos was 31S30 Comm Sec depot repair. I served 24 months active duty mostly all of which was spent in school at beautiful Fort Monmouth, NJ. The training I recieved gave me the education to have a great and rewarding carreer in the telecom industry. I have been working doing this for the last 47 years. I am still working because I have a wonderful 9 year old grandson to still raise. My main mission is to get my poser lying sack of excrement brother, David "Doc" Shrum to be put in prison where he belongs. He has been doing the Stolen Valor mission for most of his life. You can read his story over at TAH, http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=61555 I would like all the help I can with the mission.
Thanks to you all for your service!
Old 27 January 2017, 13:17

First off thank you for the opportunity to learn and share the wealth of knowledge this forum provides.2009-2013 USMC 0331, 2 tours in helmand with some great guys. I have been out for a few years now and am now applying for pmc gigs.
Old 27 January 2017, 13:35
Did...did I do that?

Welcome aboard, all.

Callelk, I had occasion to visit both sides of the Wall in the summer of 82 as a 16-year-old. Those were interesting times, I'm sure.
Old 27 January 2017, 14:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmueller View Post
Welcome aboard, all.

Callelk, I had occasion to visit both sides of the Wall in the summer of 82 as a 16-year-old. Those were interesting times, I'm sure.
Where you a military brat or was it a school thing?

Yeah, interesting but unfortunately of the eight killed trying to cross between 74-76, one was 5 and another 6 years old.

Went back in 2012 and in 2015 and it has changed. Really changed, except the Irish Pub at the Europa Center! I am planning my next/last trip for 19 which is the 25th for the casing of the colors.

Our new posting rules