Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Areas of Expertise > FAC's, JTAC's and Fire Support

Old 4 August 2012, 13:24
Confirmed User

RFI: Excalibur and HMARs

RFI: any fires dudes have information on the capabilities and employment for Excalibur and HMAR as it currently pertains to OEF? I need this for CFF/CAS training for adviser teams in regards to what they may or may not have in general support of their operations. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Old 4 August 2012, 13:26
Confirmed User

In addition, if anyone has any SA on if ANSF are using medium, heavy mortars with any type of precision that might be of use to embedded training teams.
Old 6 October 2012, 09:26
Marine

I've been away from the boards for a bit, but have you tried going down to the 10th Marines FSCC on M St? Not sure if Maj C is still the Regt AFSC, but his guys would be the duty experts, plus they can go into more detail, especially on some of the more sensitive aspects that we can't discuss here.
"This is how it is when the war machine rolls back and forth. You take your pleasure where you can and when you can, and let the circumstances be damned. For tomorrow you may be somewhere else." - Cass

"I understand all of the words you used, but I don't know what you just said." - Gen. Hagee speaking to the MEU S-3
Old 12 October 2012, 05:12

Outfront0369: currently inbound as a JTAC for a Marine Bn, we just sat through the RC fires brief, had some advisor team guys with us. Can't go into particulars here but depending on where they are they will have the capability to utilize them as well as CAS. If you PM me a .mil email I can send you some more info once I get my afg account set up.

Our new posting rules