Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > How Not to Post

Old 17 March 2015, 14:37
On the Extract Bird

No, they weren't. And judging someone's intelligence based on high school scores is flawed, so I hope that isn't the case. Either way, that's neither here nor there, my only concern is the obstacle I'm facing now.
Old 17 March 2015, 14:47
FIDO

4 lines or less. Direct to the point instruction. And you still couldn't follow them. Sometimes in life it's not always everyone else. Sometimes you need to take an honest look in the mirror.
Old 17 March 2015, 14:53
On the Extract Bird

I'm sorry? I didn't blame anyone for any choices I've made, they were my own and I don't regret them. Yes it was longer than 4 lines, I apologize but I wanted to get my point across clearly that I have not been standing by waiting for an opportunity. I agree with your last two sentences totally, but as of right now that doesn't apply to me. If you could direct your messages to the subject of this post instead of picking apart my words, I would appreciate it. I am not here to argue, only to look for other methods and pipelines to get where I want to be.
Old 17 March 2015, 15:01
Creepy ass cracka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodfory View Post
No, they weren't. And judging someone's intelligence based on high school scores is flawed, so I hope that isn't the case. Either way, that's neither here nor there, my only concern is the obstacle I'm facing now.
No idea what your high school scores were, but your spelling and grammer are fucking horrible.

You are asking "any higher ranking individuals are on this site, or anyone with any pull regarding this matter a letter or recommendation would be most appreciated" yet take no time to proof read your post. I don't know you from Adam, but if this was all I had to go on in recommending you, not a fucking chance.

Attention to detail far more important than your physical ability to do push ups or play soccer in NSW.

You don't know pain or "tiredness" yet nor are you more "special" than anyone else clammering the ranks for the shiney gold thingy. Odds are already highly stacked against you even before the added issues of your physical limitations. Chances are high that you won't even make it through the screening process much less make it to training, even less of completing BUD/S and SQT, really slim of surviving your first enlistment in a team environment. The teams ain't for everyone.

Cool, you are motivated, it's good to be passionate about this endevor, you wouldn't stand a chance otherwise. Keep in mind this is a team environment, not a "me" environment. You quit your soccer team because they "giving their all and proceeding to party and the such"? Hmmm, I'm sure some context is needed with this statement but it's a red flag all the same especially knowing what frogman culture is like.
Old 17 March 2015, 15:07
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchanu View Post
You quit your soccer team because they "giving their all and proceeding to party and the such"? ...it's a red flag all the same especially knowing what frogman culture is like.
That's what jumped out at me (that and the lack of paragraphs).

I quit because I realized the soccer lifestyle wasn't what I wanted to do with my life, and I came to this realization with my TEAM mates.

I left my TEAM behind to pursue other endeavors, with their blessing.

I came to terms with the fact that I'd never be satisfied playing soccer and I had to shoot for the Trident. I discussed this with my TEAM before I left and they support me.

Instead we have a guy who is deriding the people who stayed behind and didn't quit because he thinks he's above them for all their partying and such.

Kid I wasn't a Frog but I contracted there for a couple of years and am a pretty keen observer if I do say so myself.

Maybe it's the way you write, or come across, or something, but it stands out and a huge flag for not fitting into that environment, even if you were the biggest baddest stud to have ever stood next to Paul Bunyan.
Old 17 March 2015, 15:10
On the Extract Bird

Sir, I respect everything you've done professionally, but please do not question my intelligence until you have learned to correctly spell "grammar".
And I respect your decision to not recommend me, and I don't hold it against you. I am on my phone and cannot scroll back up to proofread. Not an excuse, merely a reason. I also agree with what you said regarding attention to detail, that is my error. Again, I agree, maybe I am not more special and do not know the true meaning of pain and tiredness. But is that not true of everyone that wishes to be part of the teams? Or am I the only one without the knowledge of the limits of physical exhaustion. Yes sir, I am motivated, as is everyone to ever successfully make it through this process. And my mistake, but I believe I said " not giving their all and partying and the like". The fact that they didn't give 100 percent was what bothered me.
Old 17 March 2015, 15:14
On the Extract Bird

Next to Paul Bunyan! I like that. That is not me, but I enjoyed that. No sir, my point was the fact that they were not giving their all yet continuing to party, so yes I believe I was above that, that at the very least 100 percent needs to be given in any profession before having fun. Would you please go back and see my post and confirm that is in fact what I said? And I am trying to be as professional as possible, I believe more can be accomplished that way. Not out here to make enemies, I hope you respect that.
Old 17 March 2015, 15:23
Preparing to defend

Ho-leeeee shit. I can see you will be a no-go at this station also.

Man's got to know his limitations; when to shut the fuck up is one of them.

N.S.D.Q.
Old 17 March 2015, 15:27
On the Extract Bird

If you want me to shut the hell up, fine. I just dont see why wanting to achieve a goal is being so frowned upon right now. If you think i wont make it, I'll get weeded out. Medically qualified for one branch and not another when screening is supposed to be the same. I'll listen to any advice but this is turning into a troll fest.
Old 17 March 2015, 15:32
Creepy ass cracka

Quote:
Sir, I respect everything you've done professionally, but please do not question my intelligence until you have learned to correctly spell "grammar".

Yeah, that's the spirit, you are going places kiddo, good luck with that.

I just want to make sure I have this correct. You signed up on this site looking for someone (SEALs) to help you in some way to get through the MEPS and NSW process and didn't bother to proofread anything you wrote, then what you take away from constructive criticism is to make corrections and get all defensive? Keeping in mind I've been through this process and was in bad guy land before you were born and lived the team life for 13 years, yet you still think this is the way to approach this?

You aren't going to last long if you make it to BUD/S. Yeah, Computer websites, who gives a shit? No one knows who you are and you can remain anonymous so you can talk any way you want to someone. However I'm being very tame with you, kid gloves, a little harsh truths you need to actually listen to.

BUD/S will put rather extreme pressures on you, shits going to come out you and no one is going to be nice about it, patience level will be in the red. You lose you head or get all shitty with an instructor or senior ranking and you're done.

Given your performance here, lack of SA, lack of attention to detail, failure to follow even the most simple of instructions and your snarky attitude I'd be amiss if I didn't suggest a different career path, the teams ain't for you.

By all means ignore this, make some new snarky remark, join anyway, the fleet Navy isn't such a bad life, chipping paint and the such, nothing wrong with that.
Old 17 March 2015, 15:39
On the Extract Bird

Sir, I wanting being defensive, just backing up my intelligence. Look, I'll drop the super professional attitude, I didn't know the proper way to get a response. Of course I'll get pissed when I'm asking for advice and not much is given. To be honest you are a bad ass and I look up to you and everyone here as a former SEAL. I want the chance. That is all. And for the record, I know when to hold my tounge, I'm just so damn frustrated that I'm not getting even a chance at this moment I'm snapping back. If you're around the area I'd gladly buy you a beer or two and hopefully see I'm not actually a whiny young man who would fail at the first sight of difficulty.
Old 17 March 2015, 15:39
On the Extract Bird

Wasn't*
Old 17 March 2015, 15:43
FIDO

But on the bright side I do see a Chinook ride in your future. So atleast you've got that going for you! Enjoy!
Old 17 March 2015, 15:43
Calculating Infinity...

Please...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg go away.jpg (28.4 KB, 790 views)
Old 17 March 2015, 15:48
On the Extract Bird

I mean I'd enjoy dangerous aircraft as much as the next guy �� But I'm picking up what y'all are setting down, trying to get advice from here is pointless. It hasn't changed my mind, but it's clear I'll lose the battle on this thread. Truce?
Old 17 March 2015, 15:58
FIDO

You would do well to remember that this isn't helpmewithmydream.com. You don't come into someone else's house and insult a highly respected member who gave you constructive criticism.

If you got butt hurt by the responses you received maybe you should have taken a step back and reapproached the situation. It's not everyone here "trolling" as you tried to point out. Maybe, just maybe its you. Hence my look in the mirror comment.
Old 17 March 2015, 16:04
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
I mean I'd enjoy dangerous aircraft as much as the next guy �� But I'm picking up what y'all are setting down, trying to get advice from here is pointless. It hasn't changed my mind, but it's clear I'll lose the battle on this thread. Truce?
There has been plenty of advice given in this thread, but since you know everything you aren't seeing it. You have been given an answer but you don't accept it. That's your choice, but to keep arguing until you get the answer you want doesn't show determination, it shows someone who is hard headed and won't listen.

Maybe someone in the Navy doesn't want to do the paperwork. Maybe that is just the answer. Period. It happens. They don't have to, they have plenty of recruits that they don't have to do one extra step for - so why make extra work for you? Because
Quote:
The Navy would be fortunate to have me, and would be making a huge error of judgement letting me slip out of their hands.
?

Because you say so even though you have zero idea of what Team life is like, much less BUD/s?

You have done not shit in your life except quit the one Team that accepted you because they were beneath your standards.

Read that again. And again. And again, until it sinks the fuck in. You abandoned one team that you apparently had the skill to be accepted by, because you felt you were better than they were and they weren't pulling their weight.

They are still on the Team though, and you're the quitter.

Hey it is good, I mean fucking good, to have determination and desire. But you're taking it to another level, to the point of arguing with those who have BTDT and who know, not from a book or movie but from doing. Plus you're a quitter.

You are the son of a veteran, have access to military doctors, but want a letter of recommendation from a bunch of dudes you have never met on a website? Why not have your family write the letter? Or the other doctors? Or petition your Congressperson? All of whom would be a hell of a lot more qualified because they actually know you.

Ain't no one worth their name going to write a letter on behalf os someone they don't know, especially when that person has a "yeah, but..." response to almost every post. And they're a quitter.

Good luck to you.

When the fact that you are a quitter stops bothering you and you accept that you let the one Team down that accepted you then maybe you can regroup and figure out how to get past your current obstacle. Or realize that you aren't the amazing person you say you are.

Not everyone is.
Old 17 March 2015, 16:14
On the Extract Bird

I didn't get butthurt, but basing someone off what they've said in a forum bugged the hell out of me. I apoligize. I am in the wrong. If I came across as all knowing I didn't mean to. And your point KidA hit home, I'll be honest. I'm not trying to sound like an amazing person, I have flaws like everyone else. Could we please try again and not let me be a dipshit?
Old 17 March 2015, 16:19
Administrator

Passion is good. Self righteous know it all isn't.

Banned.
Old 17 March 2015, 16:22
Administrator

Helo went back for fuel. LZ is marked and the bird will be on Alert 5.

Edit: Wingman picked him up.

Our new posting rules