Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Air Force Special Operations > Pararescue (PJs)

Old 18 December 2015, 20:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by B 2/75 View Post
Are you uncertain as to what your husband was doing for work from 98 onward? If you can find his tax records, look at who issued his W2 forms for each tax year. It is a sure bet that none of them are from the military. Maybe he was doing his Black Ops for free? Or maybe they were so classified that he was paid by a shell company called Pete's Trucking?
This makes me sound stupid, but he never filed a tax return for the 5 years before we married, during the 'black ops' period. I had to file 5 years of tax returns for him, and his income was either nonexistent or from security guard jobs or salesman jobs. He says these were covers and when he was paid directly by the government they didn't take taxes out as it was essentially taking from their own pocket. I realize this sounds absurd now, but I honestly had no clue how people in secret positions get paid.
Old 18 December 2015, 20:49
Been There Done That

The foundation of any marriage is love and trust, when trust is gone it make the union pretty challenging.
Old 18 December 2015, 20:53
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by lila222 View Post
I realize this sounds absurd now, but I honestly had no clue how people in secret positions get paid.
Same way everybody else does, the tax man doesn't discriminate....
Old 18 December 2015, 21:09
Swimming Upstream

Quote:
This makes me sound stupid, but he never filed a tax return for the 5 years before we married, during the 'black ops' period. I had to file 5 years of tax returns for him, and his income was either nonexistent or from security guard jobs or salesman jobs. He says these were covers and when he was paid directly by the government they didn't take taxes out as it was essentially taking from their own pocket. I realize this sounds absurd now, but I honestly had no clue how people in secret positions get paid.
Your husband is 100% a poser, I will put $1000.00 down payable to SOCNET legal fund if I am wrong. I spent 30 years in Army Intelligence and I'm still in the game as a civilian.
Everyone working for DOD, "black ops" or not gets a W2. If you want, feel free to PM me. Where did you live during his "black ops" time frame?

I work around several current PJs if you need to confirm anomalies.
Old 18 December 2015, 21:20
Swimming Upstream

Quote:
Hi, I am married to a man who claims to have been a PJ in the late 90s/2000s but recently I am starting to question his claims. He has shown me his DD214 with a discharge date of 10/7/98 after only 3 years' service but he states he went into black ops and this is not reflected on his DD214 (which gives a general discharge under honorable conditions for misconduct and he says misconduct is a code for going into black ops).

Total BS..a general discharge is a code word for "failure"

I didn't really buy this explanation even initially, but now he has successfully claimed VA disability (there are 2 other guys who supposedly served with him who testified on his behalf that while his service records indicated a discharge date of 1998, he actually was completing missions through 2008). Is this even possible, that the VA would accept this testimony in lieu of actual records? He also states that he has been awarded several medals including MOH but they will only be awarded posthumously due to the secrecy of his work.

Rolling my eyes on this one. Riiigght. Now, did his VA benefits result from the disputed time frame or from the three years accounted for on his DD214? The VA does allow for testimony from coworkers.

I believed him as I thought the VA system was pretty foolproof but now I have been reading up on all the imposter veterans and he uses a lot of the same lines/stories and now I'm worried that he might be a fraud. I am especially worried as I work in a profession regulated by the federal gov't and DEA and I am worried I could get in trouble if he is actually defrauding the VA system though I have no evidence one way or the other as he claims it's all classified. He claims to have been mentored by a particular general with whom he remains in touch; I've seen a picture of him with this general, but have never heard him actually speak to him on the phone or anything. Among other things, he claims he was the only airman to graduate marine sniper school and that he has a TC/SCI/SSBI clearance which is why he can't access any of his service records.

Can't speak to "the only airman to graduate marine sniper school" but having a TS/SCI clearance has nothing to do with accessing records. One's security clearance has nothing to do with one's service records. The VA system is the VA...it is not DOD and the personnel systems/military record systems are not linked.

I believed him as I thought the VA system was pretty foolproof but now I have been reading up on all the imposter veterans and he uses a lot of the same lines/stories and now I'm worried that he might be a fraud. I am especially worried as I work in a profession regulated by the federal gov't and DEA and I am worried I could get in trouble if he is actually defrauding the VA system though I have no evidence one way or the other as he claims it's all classified. I will be happy to PM name, dob, any other personal details that may help. I have a few pictures he claims are of him in service but I have my doubts about a couple of them based on my own research. I am no expert though, and I need someone more knowledgeable in the area to tell me if there's even a chance what he's claiming may be true.

I hate to even do this, but it has gotten to the point where I'm questioning him and I need to know if he's actually a veteran (which I hope to be true) or a fraud. Thank you so much in advance.

Do you have his 214? What was his occupation listed?
Old 18 December 2015, 21:34
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24/7 View Post
Same way everybody else does, the tax man doesn't discriminate....
No one has clearances as high as the tax man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple36 View Post

Please say truck driver.
Old 18 December 2015, 21:34

Quote:

It was something like software or information technician. Thank you, again
Old 18 December 2015, 21:35
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0699 View Post
Please say truck driver.
Quote:
It was something like software or information technician. Thank you, again
Old 18 December 2015, 21:44
Been There Done That

Lilla,
With all the lies he is throwing out there, what makes you sure he is collecting 80% VA disability for PTSD?
Have you seen the checks come in from the VA?
Have you seen any paperwork from the VA stating he is 80% disabled?
Just a thought he may not be defrauding the VA.
His 80% should be $1775.48 per month with spouse and kids.
$1680.48 with spouse only.
Old 18 December 2015, 21:53
Swimming Upstream

Black out his name and SSN, take a pix of the 214 and send it to one of us here or post it. That will put an end to this as far as his service is concerned.
Old 18 December 2015, 21:59
Authorized Personnel

Particularly if you can get one that shows Block 28, which is the narrative reason for his discharge.
Old 18 December 2015, 22:14

Quote:
Black out his name and SSN, take a pix of the 214 and send it to one of us here or post it. That will put an end to this as far as his service is concerned.

I hope those work. They are the only photos I have.
Old 18 December 2015, 22:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
Lilla,
With all the lies he is throwing out there, what makes you sure he is collecting 80% VA disability for PTSD?
Have you seen the checks come in from the VA?
Have you seen any paperwork from the VA stating he is 80% disabled?
Just a thought he may not be defrauding the VA.
His 80% should be $1775.48 per month with spouse and kids.
$1680.48 with spouse only.
He gets ~$1900 a month for spouse and 3 kids (only one lives with us and none are ours- yes, yes, I know)
Old 18 December 2015, 22:43
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8654maine View Post
Fair enough. I expected it.
I've seen women (and a few guys) stay with for years in fucked up situations. Denial is a strong emotion.
Old 19 December 2015, 00:00
Vivat Fraternitatis

Quote:
he says misconduct is a code for going into black ops
Having worked several "nonstandard" USAF assignments, this is 100% unadulterated bullshit.
Old 19 December 2015, 00:06
Been There Done That

"Misconduct"...kinda says it all...
Old 19 December 2015, 00:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBum View Post
Having worked several "nonstandard" USAF assignments, this is 100% unadulterated bullshit.
Thank you.
Old 19 December 2015, 00:25
Confirmed User

lila222,

If the questions to your answers are starting to bring a realization for you, then I think you have found what you sought in coming here. I would caution you, as others have, in going forward like a hard charger. Take what you have learned, sit on it, and seek some assistance from your family/friends and go from there. You have a lot of information to digest and new emotions you probably haven't had the time to let register.
Old 19 December 2015, 00:29
Confirmed User

IF he is 80% he should also be 20% unemployable = 100% disability pay by the V.A. plus pay for wife etc. His AFI 36-3208 has several reason for discharge the separation code JK (need the last letter of it )
Old 19 December 2015, 07:27
Been There Done That

Recommend also being very careful if you and he share the use of the same computer.

Our new posting rules