Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > How Not to Post

Old 16 February 2002, 18:57
DFC5343
Visitor

Thumbs down

Horsefuckinshit!
Old 16 February 2002, 19:09
Banned User

I understand that he was severely injured. But that is no reason to sue. We live in a society where we look to put the blame on others first instead of taking responsibility for our actions. "It's somebody else's fault" is a cop out.
I'm not saying BB has this mentality, I'm writing this in response to those who encourage him to sue. It is wrong to sue over shit like this. It would be a frivoulous lawsuit because it was not the drivers fault that he was wearing a walkman and ran into him.
Can I sue the county if I cause an accident between myself and an emergency vehicle because I have my radio up too loud and didn't hear the sirens? Yes, I could. Is it wrong? Damn right it is because I wasn't paying attention. It is my fault.
Just because he is seriously injured does not give him the right to unjustifiably take it out on someone else.

Last edited by Cole Flaherty; 16 February 2002 at 19:13.
Old 16 February 2002, 19:11
Probationary User

Let me pose this question to some of you

Maybe BenningBOUND
is doing this so no one will be looking for him during his up and comming Basic/AIT or however far he can get. I'm sure there are a few out there who are just waiting to figure out who he is so you can smoke that ass during his training. He could be trying to throw everyone off his trail with a different time frame attandance?
Conspiracy Theory

BenningBOUND if I'm wrong, oh well give me 100 flutter kicks
:D
Old 16 February 2002, 19:15
Quick1
Visitor

"Can I sue the county if I cause an accident between myself and an emergency vehicle because I have my radio up too loud and didn't hear the sirens? " To the best of my knowedge no you can't. Also it's nice to say "Don't sue it ain't cool" but If I was looking at 6/7 figures I'd take it in a heartbeat, they would.
Old 16 February 2002, 19:22
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Quick1
Also it's nice to say "Don't sue it ain't cool"
No, it's called TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS.

Quote:
but If I was looking at 6/7 figures I'd take it in a heartbeat, they would.
That's because you look to put the blame on others first.
Old 16 February 2002, 19:32
Quick1
Visitor

So if he took a rest and was just standing there instead of moving at 3/4 mph and he got ran over it would be the drivers fault?
Old 16 February 2002, 19:33
Quick1
Visitor

They are insured, take the cash and let the next dude be the saint.
Old 16 February 2002, 19:51
Banned User

Dude, your missing the point entirely.
It was an accident. It doesn't matter if he was out picking daisies for his girlfriend. Shit happens.
People are so goddamn sue happy these days that people don't give a shit who they sue as long as they get their goddamn money. And you find nothing wrong with that?
Jesus Christ I must be fucking losing it.
We can do anything we want now and take solace in the fact that if it all goes to shit, don't worry, call Larry H. Parker and get your 2.1 million.
Let's suppose you do file your (frivolous) lawsuit, clutter up the courts and win your 7 million. WooHoo!! you're a millionaire now, let's celebrate, drinks and Asian hookers for everyone!!
Well, the trail they they were trying to make accessible for everyone's personal benefit has just lost its funding because you weren't paying attention, wallowed in self-pity, saw dollar signs and sued.
But, that doesn't matter because now you're a millionaire.
Who gives a shit about everyone else and who gives a shit about personal responsibility.
Old 16 February 2002, 20:00
para325air
Visitor

Re: Let me pose this question to some of you

Quote:
Originally posted by collins
Maybe BenningBOUND
is doing this so no one will be looking for him during his up and comming Basic/AIT or however far he can get. I'm sure there are a few out there who are just waiting to figure out who he is so you can smoke that ass during his training. He could be trying to throw everyone off his trail with a different time frame attandance?
Conspiracy Theory

BenningBOUND if I'm wrong, oh well give me 100 flutter kicks
:D
Yeah, I thought about this also.

BB, if your worried that guys here are goimg to sabotage your military career, don't. You haven't really fucked up that bad. Now if you were Ranger Rick Bernardi, you would be screwed. Worst thing thats probably going to befall you is a whole lot of push ups. Is that really that bad? Naw, so long as you don't quit and suck it up.

A little story here for you. The Army changed my life. I MEAN really changed my life. I was not the same man by the time I left Benning as I was when I arrived at Benning. One of the things that created an immediate and lasting change was with regard to the NCO Creed. As a soldier you must seek and accept responsibility for your actions. It requires Moral Courage to do that. Just pick yourself up and drive on.
Old 16 February 2002, 20:01
Going back

I'm reading Para's posts and I'm thinking that:

1) There are some smart people with some really diverse skills on this board. This, posers, is why you'll get burned sooner or later.

2) BB is pretty fucked-up physically, but manages to get off a few posts (one kind of long by SOCNET standards)?

BB, I hope that we're wrong, but the timing, the excavator story, the injuries, the PT schedule that you have.... it doesn't make much sense. At best, you had a LOT of weird things going against you.

BTAR
Old 16 February 2002, 20:36
Been There Done That

San Jose is flat bay country. Where is this 150 foot cliff and fire trail? Back in the 70's, I lived in Sunnyvale. Sunnyvale is a city located next to San Jose.

Strange accident!

Carl
Old 16 February 2002, 21:10
Long time member

Elaborating on what my admin counterpart said (horsefuckingshit): I don't believe the story as stated. Point blank.

BenningBound: E-mail me at jeff.rambo@rhhllp.com with either:
1- Your name
I'll call O'Connor Hospital and verify your story with them. Hell, if you don't put forth your name I'll just call the AD and verify a patient arriving with the story as you outlined. Simple. I can do the same with Lifeflight.

2- The municipality in which the construction crew was contracted/operated by.
I'll call and ask them if they have any knowledge of such an incident occuring.

3- The DR # on your supposed police report
I'm not an LEO, so correct me if I'm wrong, but you always get a copy of the preliminary investigation report and if you aren't able (i.e. not alert) to be given the copy, it would have been given to your guardian(s).

Personally, I think you're just looking for a way to shake the spotlight you've been placed in in result of your comical tastes, but that's just me.
Old 16 February 2002, 23:39
Long time member

http://www.socnetcentral.com/vb/atta...&postid=112016

A picture of our wonderful BenningBOUND on, what he describes as, his New Years Eve "neighborhood watch patrol in full assualt gear." More like an exercise in stupidity.
Old 17 February 2002, 00:11
Authorized Personnel

Air Life

Para,

I'm not a medic, however, as a police detective who has responded to many many medical emergencies I know that our medics protocol is to call Air Life when the patient has been unconscious for an extended period of time. Based on the information contained in his post with the distance of the fall, and the probable head injury we would have called Air Life for air transport. I am not trying to give or take away any credibility to his post. Just saying that part of it is definately possible.

Swat1*
Old 17 February 2002, 01:51
Sharky
Visitor

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Rambo
http://www.socnetcentral.com/vb/atta...&postid=112016

More like an exercise in stupidity.

ROTFFLMMFAO.....Thanks bro......I needed that laugh.
Old 17 February 2002, 02:30
AirborneRecruit
Visitor

BB, it was a Fire Trail you were on? Dude, I don't know about Cali but here in Oregon, when crews are working they put signs up on ALL major trails for at least 500 or so yards, ESPECIALLY fire and ATV trails. Besides, from my experience, they tape off the trails and post ALOT of signs around the actual site where work is going to be done (I do alot of hunting in the Cascade Mountains and I've seen this many times). Besides, everytime I've come across a site, they've got crewmen everywhere and at least one man directing heavy equipment work...

IF this really happened then let me know ASAP and I'll retract my statements and post an apology. But man, you've GOT to be blind AND deaf to run right into the middle of a jobsite, let alone an earthmover... I mean come on, I work for a construction company and have worked right along side earthmovers. I always wear ear phones and it's still loud as hell...

Para, you suppose they've finally invented a "Silent Engine" for a dozer?:D

Last edited by AirborneRecruit; 17 February 2002 at 02:34.
Old 17 February 2002, 04:03
LRSC Grunt
Visitor

I think Weigel scared the fuck out of this dude.

Benningbound,
Give it up.
Old 17 February 2002, 04:28
Squelch

Not to demean Weigel in anyway shape or form, but if BenningBound cant handle Weigel online over the internet in a forum. How is he going to make it into Batt and be a cherry to some devilishly cruel Ranger who is going to smoke the everliving shit out of him and them some?

If he is just scared he should have just shut his mouth in the first place. Every Action has a reaction and this time he got burned.
Old 17 February 2002, 04:59
BTDT

Bones, you are absolutely correct. My light dashing of shit I distribute is meek in comparison to the in your face reality check you receive at RIP and at Batt.

I'm a pussy cat on here compared to the shit you COULD experience pulling the same crap in a Batt.

Weigel
"nice guy, comparitively speaking"
Old 17 February 2002, 11:36
ORP

Benning Bound,

1.) If you're telling the truth, which I highly fucking doubt, you can still be in the Army with hardware in your leg / hip, but you'll not be allowed to be on jump status. (i.e. no SOCOM assignments for you).

2.) If your lying, which is highly fucking likley, your a dickehead, and I'm so sorry I ever gave you any kind of advice on anything. If you are lying, do us all a favour, stay out of the military, any branch, and fuck off this board.

-Michael Kirk

PS. Nice picture.

Our new posting rules