Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Old 17 December 2007, 22:33
I ♣ Hippies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabiscut
My fault ive been on here for a little while and have not posted on this. Im currently serving on a casket platoon in 1/3 US INF The Old Guard. However, soon i hope to be off for bigger and better things in this army.
Welcome.

Don't sell short the duty that you perform. I know it must be hard to do that detail day in and day out, but it is much appreciated. Thank you.

"The real problem of leisure time is how to keep others from using yours." ~Arthur Lacey
Old 18 December 2007, 16:10
Been There Done That

My name is Nate. I'm the Unit Director for 2nd Battalion for the 75th Ranger Regiment Association. Sharky got me hooked up here, because I'm not so sharp with a computer.

I served in A co 1/75 from 93-97, B co and HHC 2/75 from 97-99. I graduated Ranger School with class 5-95. Been working as civilian LEO and college student since then. I see some names that I recognize and look forward to linking up with new and old Ranger buddies.

To everyone that helped out with the young 2/75 Ranger that's still at Madigan, thank you. He made his first trip out of the hospital on the day before Thanksgiving and was awarded the Bronze Star for Valor at the BN awards ceremony.

RLTW!
Nate
Old 18 December 2007, 23:10

Intro

Hello all.

My name is Ralph.
I am Living in Maine were I own/operate a biodiesel plant. I served in the US Army. I was stationed with the 82nd twice and 1st infantry (germany) once.

looking to take a little vacation from making biodiesel and do some contracting work over seas... Civ life can become boring . The job is the same every day, and the view never changes!

As far as skills go... well I am no supper hero, and no SF operator. I did pay attn at my MOSQ ... lol.. (13F) since my ETS in late 2004 I have (as I always have) continued training on the side to improve my skills in may fields of military operations. I guess its always been a hobby of mine :)

If any of you know of some contracting jobs that are 3 to 6 month in length please let me know. I will send on CV and other pert info.

Cheers'
Ralph
Old 19 December 2007, 10:51

FNG

Retired LEO. Now factory worker. Soon to be grandpa!
Over 20 years survival training. I still like taking nothing
but a knife into the woods for the weekend.
Now live in southern Missouri. I've been married over 35
years. That should make badder then you guys! hehehe!
Old 19 December 2007, 13:22

Thank You!

Good Day to You All!

I am prior service Navy looking to enlist in the National Guard. I would like to serve my country in the infantry, and want to gather information about what it takes to be the best in that career.

Thank you for your service and I look forward to learning more.
Old 19 December 2007, 18:42
P = plenty

Current 18C (Mountain Team)
Guard bumming with 19th
Looking for like-minded individuals to scheme with
Old 19 December 2007, 21:22

Intro

19D USArmy, 1992-1995. 2ID, 5/17Cav. (93-94). 3rd ACR (94-95). Gitmo 01/94-05/94. Contracting since 2003 to 2007 and finished with it for good. Here to stay in touch with fellow shooters. Salud cabrones.
Old 19 December 2007, 23:55

Well I joined a while back but never posted til now. I'm active duty Navy training to go SWCC. Anyany questions for me just ask.
Old 20 December 2007, 05:23

Greetings

Greetings to all.

My name is Graham and I am a commo guy. I have just completed a stint of two and a half years in Afghanistan. Got to know the whole country pretty well. Busy looking for my next assignment now. Might just be working with some of you in the future.

Remember that you never want to listen to "the sounds of silence".

Oom Duiwel.
Old 22 December 2007, 03:48

Hello to the best warriors on the planet (and everyone else here),

I've been Active Duty USN for the past 8 years, currently MA2 (AW/SCI).

I did 4 years shipboard security on the USS-NIMITZ where I did everything from basic patrol officer to watch commander. I did a couple of deployments with them before I transferred. Then I spent 3 1/2 years at Mobile Security Squadron 3 where I worked in the armory, ran ranges and was a small craft coxswain.

Those were good times, driving boats and working with good guys.

I deployed with them to the O-Plats in Southern Iraq to guard ABOT and KAAOT for 6 months.

Thanks to the Boat Guys that were deployed out there at the time for giving us a ride back to Kuwait, that was my first MK-5 ride and it was badass.

I might join you one day....

I am currently stationed at SWFPAC Marine Corps Security Force Company where I sit in the MA Armory and do pretty much nothing until my secret clearance is updated again.

I will then more then likely go to the harbor security unit as a small-craft coxswain and do circles in my boat whilst contemplating the universe.

Many thanks for having me here, I look forward to some good times,

~Rob
Old 22 December 2007, 21:59

What's up Men, I served in the 5th SFG from 91-99. ODA 515, 525, SCUBA Locker and SOCCE FWD. Trying to link up with some old Bro's.

Griff
Old 22 December 2007, 22:12
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Trainer
What's up Men, I served in the 5th SFG from 91-99. ODA 515, 525, SCUBA Locker and SOCCE FWD. Trying to link up with some old Bro's. Griff
Welcome here Griff. See your getting reconnected.......
Old 22 December 2007, 22:29

Hello gentleman, and women.

I'm 19 years old. Before enlisting about a month ago, I was heavily trying to get an 18x enlistment. Was physically preparing, and had things squared away with recruitment. Well during the MEPS physical I found out I'm red/green colorblind, which I honestly did not know, I had never been tested for it. So 18x and any future in SOF is pretty much gone for me. It hurt really bad. Was beginning to question whether I still wanted to enlist.

About two weeks after the MEPS physical I received a list of MOS' I could chose, although I couldn't do what I initially wanted, I still wanted to serve. I was able to enlist 68W. I'm very excited for my future. I leave for BCT, Fort Jackson on Jan 15.
Old 24 December 2007, 13:25

WaterBoy

Merry Christmas to all,

Thank you for allowing me to learn & share within this forum.
I was a USMC Sergeant in the MP/Corr field 5811/5831. I served for 8 years in MCB CamPen Corr Bn, PMO Cp Foster Okinawa, and finally at PMO MCB Quantico. I am now an LEO & in patrol with a Northern VA SO with approx. 600 sworn. My civilian LE background includes UC narc work & SWAT with both civilian agencies that I have worked with in the last 9 years.

I am currently scheduled to attend PAST with DynCorp on 02/08. Upon completion I will be working in Iraq as a Police Advisor. I am also working through the application & clearance process with BW & MVM, respectively. I came to this forum to learn as much as I could about these prospective career paths I am seeking before I committed to one of them. What I have found so far simply reading the posts has been immensely helpful. Again, thank you for allowing me to share in the collective experience & wisdom of this community.
Old 24 December 2007, 13:27

["What the F*#@ do I know about riggin' a donkey?!"=WaterBoy]Merry Christmas to all,

Thank you for allowing me to learn & share within this forum.
I was a USMC Sergeant in the MP/Corr field 5811/5831. I served for 8 years in MCB CamPen Corr Bn, PMO Cp Foster Okinawa, and finally at PMO MCB Quantico. I am now an LEO & in patrol with a Northern VA SO with approx. 600 sworn. My civilian LE background includes UC narc work & SWAT with both civilian agencies that I have worked with in the last 9 years.

I am currently scheduled to attend PAST with DynCorp on 02/08. Upon completion I will be working in Iraq as a Police Advisor. I am also working through the application & clearance process with BW & MVM, respectively. I came to this forum to learn as much as I could about these prospective career paths I am seeking before I committed to one of them. What I have found so far simply reading the posts has been immensely helpful. Again, thank you for allowing me to share in the collective experience & wisdom of this community.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by WaterBoy; 24 December 2007 at 13:30. Reason: Sorry. still learning.
Old 25 December 2007, 12:44

FNG

Hello Everyone, I am new to Socnet and I am here to try to get answers to my questions about the different types of jobs available outside the wire in Iraq/Afghanistan...

I am interested in doing close protection but not sure whether to work for an American company or from the UK. I want to take some training courses considering I have not been operational for at least 13 years. I am looking for answers without the BS.
Old 25 December 2007, 13:25
Confirmed User

Welcome to SOCNET all you new people! And Merry Christmas
Old 25 December 2007, 22:23

Hello everyone...Fairly new to SOCNET. College Student lurker here just looking to soak this board like a sponge.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to share your insights and stories...Merry Christmas !
Old 26 December 2007, 05:37

New guy

Posting an intro, been lurking here before. Currently a Guard bum. Participated in OEF and got to "love and miss" the place. I like reading here from folks who have proved themselves to be more professional and more accomplished than most.
Old 26 December 2007, 08:35

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

thanks a lot for permission to be a family member in SOCNET !

Let me introduce myself a little:

I served 8 years in the German Army (1993-2001) as part of the following units: Airborne Ranger Btl. 252 (93-96),
Tank Btl. 363 [Leopard 2A5] (97),
Long Range Reconnaisance Parachutist Patrol School [LRRPPS](97-98), Medical Center under command of Artillery Regiment 12 (98-01).

Now I am looking for a new mission in Asia (my present address is: Bangkok and Hanoi) or Africa. If someone have any job for me to do, please let me know. I appreciate your help anyway.

Gung Ho!,

Simonloonstar

Our new posting rules