Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Old 5 June 2015, 12:50
Valhalla July 4, 2016 RIP Frogman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubero1 View Post
Served on three of the last finest Diesel Boats in our Navy. Proud to have been a crew member during the decommissioning of the USS Blueback, DBF.
Welcome.

DBF?

Sorry, I am a bit ancient when it comes to modern abbreviations.
Old 6 June 2015, 01:31

I've been lurking myself for awhile and decided to jump in. My military experience consists of being a former duck hunter (16P-Chaparral) and 11B. A bad exit from a C141 wrecked my right knee and ended any hopes I had of doing a few other things. Glad to be here and hopefully get to know some people. My username comes from my days of coaching football and loving the old triple option offense still run by the service academies.
Old 6 June 2015, 07:47
Been There Done That

Hello all. Abnrgr1sg here. Hoping I'm posting in the right place. Having difficulty navigating the site. Was actually on this site 5 or 6 years ago, but forgot my credentials. Also mostly went off the grid since then. Retired Ranger, was in 1st batt as SL/PSG. Had the privilege of having Ranger HOF Mike Hall as my 1sg then. Learned more about leadership from that guy than any book or army school could teach me. Deployed twice with A1/75 to Panama/Desert storm. Retired 41 days before 911. Mostly worked with high risk teens after that for 8 years turning bad kids into good ones. Totally retired now. Enjoy your forums. You fellers are relentless on fng'. I'msure you will keep me honest. Glad to be here. RLTW
Old 6 June 2015, 09:09
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by abnrgr1sg View Post
Hello all. Abnrgr1sg here. Hoping I'm posting in the right place. Having difficulty navigating the site. Was actually on this site 5 or 6 years ago, but forgot my credentials. Also mostly went off the grid since then. Retired Ranger, was in 1st batt as SL/PSG. Had the privilege of having Ranger HOF Mike Hall as my 1sg then. Learned more about leadership from that guy than any book or army school could teach me. Deployed twice with A1/75 to Panama/Desert storm. Retired 41 days before 911. Mostly worked with high risk teens after that for 8 years turning bad kids into good ones. Totally retired now. Enjoy your forums. You fellers are relentless on fng'. I'msure you will keep me honest. Glad to be here. RLTW
Having done similar work with American youth, I applaud your continued sacrifice for America. Hard but rewarding. Go to the 75th regiment forum and get yourself vetted.

Welcome back to SOCNET
Old 6 June 2015, 13:18
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cass View Post
Welcome.

DBF?

Sorry, I am a bit ancient when it comes to modern abbreviations.
Sir,

Diesel Boats Forever.

It's a bubblehead thing.

Fair Winds and Following Seas SOTB & Cass
Old 7 June 2015, 20:22

Hey everyone, my name is Jake and I am a SEAL wannabe just looking to get all the information and tips I can.
Old 7 June 2015, 23:54

Hello and thanks for the site approval. I am a former IS3 that was stationed at Dam Neck VA, had a blast while I was active, really having a blast raising kids now.
Old 9 June 2015, 19:29

Hello, hello, hello! First, thanks to the admins/mods for the approval. Currently residing on Long Island and I'm here to shoot the sh*t, get some entertainment as well as possible job leads. I look forward to getting to know you folks. Stay safe!
Old 10 June 2015, 15:01

Hello, first off I am not sure if my username is appropriate, so if it is inappopriate please have a moderator change. My name is Tim and I am outside Boston Ma I was recommended this site as I am looking for information on my dad, hopefully even find someone who served with him in Vietnam. He never, but for a few occasions talked about Vietnam, we knew almost nothing about his service. We know he was in the First of the Ninth in the Fishhook area, we recently found out he was awarded the Bronze Star. We are waiting on records now from National Archives. He didnt collect war memorbolia, we believe he also may have throw stuff out. In a bag of his uniform patches, which my mom is certain is his there was a patch that I was not familiar with, which of coursr I have researched since. It is a Recondo patch and I read that First Cav guys were among those who were selected / volunteered to attend the school. Thanks for approving me for this forum! Tim
Old 10 June 2015, 15:12

Hello. First, Thank you, to ALL the Men and Women who have served or are serving our Country. I am a civilian and have had many family members in the military. I currently work as an electronic engineer and a computer network engineer.
Old 10 June 2015, 19:46

Intro

My name is Willie and I am a Police Officer. I have always been interested in anything Military. My parents were hippies and it was just never an option for me. I am kicking myself in the ass. I am from way Southern NJ.

I went to College in Maine i have a degree Conservation law

I hunt mostly ducks and people
I fish

I now work in Maine I have been

A commercial fisherman (few years) 14-19
a kayak tour guide 17-20
a local officer 22-26
apatrol deputy 26-34

I am a certified intructor at the Academy for several things....Mostly unarmed self defense stuff. Im not a ninja
Old 10 June 2015, 23:56
Confirmed User

Hello all, I am glad to be here and appreciate the registration. I am not military and have never served, but have friends and colleagues who have and presently do. I am a CTE (Career Technical Education) instructor who enjoys teaching and learning. I value the insightful, observant and straightforward dialogue here on this site. I want to thank those who run this site and all those who have served and continue to serve this country.
Old 10 June 2015, 23:57
Anesthetized User

Jagarmyster,

I think you'll enjoy the LE sub forum.

Support SOCNET.
Old 11 June 2015, 09:13

Hello all. My name is Chad and I am a Navy veteran. I served on board the USS Casimir Pulaski SSBN 633 for only one deterrent patrol before decommissioning her at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard in Bremerton Washington. I then served on board the USS Alaska SSBN 732.

I planned on making a career out of it but sadly I was forced to take a medical discharge under honorable conditions at the end of 1995 due to a heart problem that popped up between patrols. I'm thankful everyday that I had the opportunity to serve. I have yet to find anything in the civilian world that compares to the brotherhood/camaraderie I had in the Military.

Now I am an Educational Advisor helping young and old alike earn their diplomas and move on to a better life. I enjoy shooting, hunting, fishing and just spending time with my three kids. That's my quick introduction. Its nice to be a part of the group.
Old 12 June 2015, 08:01
Been There Done That

Pretty sure we must know each other- either as former members of A 1/75 or maybe I was your RIP instructor.

As the Fat Guy said- get over to our forum and get vetted.

Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abnrgr1sg View Post
Old 12 June 2015, 21:44

Introduction

I feel humbled to be in the presence of so many incredible members of the SOF community, past and present. I'm currently stationed at an ABN unit as an 11B. Started out as an X-Ray and looking to gain as much experience as I can before I go back. I appreciate your time. Thanks.
Old 12 June 2015, 22:00
Preparing to defend

Which Airborne unit are you in currently, if I may ask?
Old 13 June 2015, 08:04
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlance60 View Post
I feel humbled to be in the presence of so many incredible members of the SOF community, past and present. I'm currently stationed at an ABN unit as an 11B. Started out as an X-Ray and looking to gain as much experience as I can before I go back. I appreciate your time. Thanks.
So you're an X-X-Ray?
Old 13 June 2015, 14:13

Hello everyone, I am currently getting ready to go to college, after college I plan to enlist in the Navy and hopefully get into BUD/s. I found this site and figured there are some people here with a lot of wisdom and experience here that probably have a lot of good advice.
Old 15 June 2015, 00:15

Hello everyone,

First I'd like to say thank you for even allowing a civilian such as myself access to a community such as this. I have lurked on this site off and on throughout the years, mostly whenever looking for gear advice from professionals who have been there done that. I hope to be able to continue to glean knowledge from this amazing resource for many years to come.

I finally registered to this site with the hopes of being able to reconnect with my uncle and his branch of the family after familial differences between he and his sister (my mother) left us estranged 15+ years ago. I may post occasionally, but only where allowed to, otherwise I will keep my mouth shut and continue to learn from the best.

Again, thank you all for allowing me to be here.

Our new posting rules