Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Fitness

Old 18 May 2011, 20:08
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

PFT thread....

I thought this might be an interesting thread, even if I am the only one ever posting in it.

The rules are fairly simple, run a PFT and post your times. No one cares which service's PFT you run, or which version (perhaps since you got out, it was changed). No one cares if you are old or young, AD or prior service.

Just run a PFT and post your score.

I'll start. Today I ran a circa 1985 USMC PFT. I thought it would be a good way to see how I did after several days of being sick. And on a hot day. My idiocy knows no bounds.

20 pullups
52 situps
27 min 15 sec 3 mile run

Even though I can't find a scoring chart from that era (everyone uses crunches, today), I think the only time I've ever run a worse PFT was the week after RS.

I'm now accepting PayPal donations for gas so I can kill myself with carbon monoxide....
Old 18 May 2011, 20:48

For the above PFT, I was PM'd a scoring table from that era, which shows I ran a 196.

Especially after consideration of this new info, I've found an old rubber hose to tape to my exhaust and run to the interior of my SUV, to avoid having to lay directly under it to get enough to do the job....
Old 18 May 2011, 21:01
Formerly SIGINTmerc

I like this. I'll run one by the end of the week.
Old 18 May 2011, 22:25
Chicks dig scars

I have a unit one coming up in June. I'll post my score, but only if everyone promises to flip me great deals of crap for being old and very out of shape.
Reed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTB
You're an Army dude, aren't you?
Quote:
Must have been my use of big words that gave it away.
Old 18 May 2011, 22:43
I aim to misbehave

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed11b View Post
I have a unit one coming up in June. I'll post my score, but only if everyone promises to flip me great deals of crap for being old and very out of shape.
Reed

259. Run hurt me.

78 Pushups
82 situps
17:06 2 mile

I'm very ashamed of my 2 mile time. Haven't been running much lately...

I'd like to add, as a piss-poor excuse, that I had drill this weekend, and I'm still recovering.

While true:
Continue
Old 18 May 2011, 23:01
Odin's Underling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTB View Post
Especially after consideration of this new info, I've found an old rubber hose to tape to my exhaust and run to the interior of my SUV, to avoid having to lay directly under it to get enough to do the job....

Will you accept a Quarterly Fitness Assessment from OGA? I have one coming up next week. Here is my last one:

12 pull ups
60 push ups
62 sit ups
10:42 mile and a half run

Quote:
TURD POSer Biondi: My name likely won’t be listed, as I led a covert operation of wet-teams.
Old 18 May 2011, 23:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCo275
Will you accept a Quarterly Fitness Assessment from OGA?
Sure, but I think it may be so unusual for readers, that they might not know how to compare it. If you have a score card, or table, or at least know the score (ie, 245 out of a possible 300), that would be pretty cool....
Old 18 May 2011, 23:06
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
I thought this might be an interesting thread, even if I am the only one ever posting in it.

The rules are fairly simple, run a PFT and post your times. No one cares which service's PFT you run, or which version (perhaps since you got out, it was changed). No one cares if you are old or young, AD or prior service.

Just run a PFT and post your score.

I'll start. Today I ran a circa 1985 USMC PFT. I thought it would be a good way to see how I did after several days of being sick. And on a hot day. My idiocy knows no bounds.

20 pullups
52 situps
27 min 15 sec 3 mile run

Even though I can't find a scoring chart from that era (everyone uses crunches, today), I think the only time I've ever run a worse PFT was the week after RS.

I'm now accepting PayPal donations for gas so I can kill myself with carbon monoxide....
20 pullups is pretty damn good...
Old 18 May 2011, 23:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0699
20 pullups is pretty damn good...
It is possibly the only reason that I haven't jumped off the top of my corporate offices. Well, that and the reality that I'm pretty fearful of pain and death....
Old 18 May 2011, 23:23
Violent Social Worker

Quote:
It is possibly the only reason that I haven't jumped off the top of my corporate offices. Well, that and the reality that I'm pretty fearful of pain and death....
With that kind of PFT, can you get out onto the ledge?

I'm kidding, I fucking wish I could do that many pull ups. I think the most I've ever done was 17 and that was last year. Most I ever did on active duty was 16, they were always my weak spot. I'm doing 13-14 over hand at the end of my workouts these days, and I'm heavier than normal.

I'll run one in June. It won't be impressive at all.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 18 May 2011, 23:35
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massgrunt View Post

I'm kidding, I fucking wish I could do that many pull ups. I think the most I've ever done was 17 and that was last year. Most I ever did on active duty was 16, they were always my weak spot.
Same here. I think I averaged around 14 my whole time and got 17 once. Always ran in the 18's though. I guess those are the breaks when your tall and wormy.

I am going to run one time in the next couple days.
Old 18 May 2011, 23:43
Violent Social Worker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowzers View Post
Same here. I think I averaged around 14 my whole time and got 17 once. Always ran in the 18's though. I guess those are the breaks when your tall and wormy.

I am going to run one time in the next couple days.
The sad thing is setting a personal record in my 30s just drives home the point that I should have worked harder on them as a kid.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 19 May 2011, 00:35
Lost to PTSD AUG 2014 RIP Brother

Can we "kip?" I havent ran a PFT in 12 years. I hope this thread will inspire me to do so. Fastest time while I was in was high 19's,...always maxed sits and pulls. Thanks for posting.
Old 19 May 2011, 06:46
Confirmed User

Fat and bald... Still 1st Class that is all I am saying.

http://usmc.pftcalculator.com/

RO!!!
Old 19 May 2011, 07:48
Authorized Personnel

Last "Wellness" test on 4/31/11;

77 push ups in 2 minutes
88 sit ups in 2 minutes
11:45 1.5 miles
275 out of 300*
Scores are adjusted based on age and gender (unknown what they do in Thailand). Same numbers for 24 y.o. dude would yield a 225.
Old 19 May 2011, 09:23
Confirmed User

As I mentioned in another recent thread, I've just begun PTing again after a several year break during which the only exercise I got were 12 oz. curls and running to Dunkin Donuts.

Pass the rubber hose:

Army PFT circa 1990

27 push ups in 2 minutes (not counting the twenty-odd bitch pushups I did once I hit my knees)
34 sit ups in 2 minutes
Run/Walk 2 miles in ~40 min

Embarrasing, but motivating. I'll check in next week.
Old 19 May 2011, 11:07
CombatWombat
Visitor

Current Army APFT (score band is 32-36 years old)
68 pushups - 93 Pts
76 situps - 100 Pts
15:16 2 mile - 83 Pts
Total - 276 out of 300 pts

Run is weak post deployment. Oh well. Back to the track. We're trying out the new Army PRT test next week and I'll put up my times, but no scores are set yet. The new pushup is going to wreck me since I've always done them wide arm and now I have to keep the index finger in line with my shoulder. I'm just praying to break 20 at this point. Who would've thought changing hand positions would have such an effect?
Old 19 May 2011, 11:41
Confirmed User

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSSRonin View Post
Last "Wellness" test on 4/31/11;

77 push ups in 2 minutes
88 sit ups in 2 minutes
11:45 1.5 miles
275 out of 300*
Scores are adjusted based on age and gender (unknown what they do in Thailand). Same numbers for 24 y.o. dude would yield a 225.
WTF that have to do with anything... Hahaha
Old 19 May 2011, 11:52
Russian Tycoon

Current Army APFT:

29 pushups - 75/100
100 situps - 100/100
2 mile run - 18 min - 81/100

Total: 256/300

Clearly, I am not ready for Cross Fit
Old 19 May 2011, 16:26
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlwithaGlock View Post
Clearly, I am not ready for Cross Fit
Actually, you're just about as ready as anyone to begin. Just take your time, find your groove, push yourself and all will come together pretty quickly!

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot

Our new posting rules