SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Veterans Issues

Old 19 April 2018, 16:28
Did...did I do that?

T-Mobile Military Plan

T-Mobile is upping their game for veterans. Looks like they're offering a pretty sweet deal for all .mil members.

Quote:
Customers with eligible military status and their families, including active duty military, veterans, National Guard, Reserve, and Gold Star family members, are eligible for T-Mobile ONE Military
It's supposed to be 20 percent off the first line and half off for up to the next six lines. Plus they're offering half off several Samsung phones through the end of May. As I read it, the rate plan is not a short-term or promo thing.

https://promotions.t-mobile.com/military

https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/military-phone-plans

They're also gearing up to hire a bunch of vets and improve coverage around military posts.

https://www.geekwire.com/2018/t-mobi...ng-initiative/
Old 19 April 2018, 20:21
I really don't care

Thx Bob! I'm checking this out.

My contract w/Verizon runs out on 30 Apr and I have looking at other carriers. I've been with Verizon almost 15 years but they have simply priced themselves out of my budget. But they do give a 15% discount in addition to other promotions.

I'm also looking at WiFi-only carriers such as TextNow. They look to have a pretty good set-up and it's free for unlimited call and text. You can bring your own phone. They give you a free number. Reading up on this, it is one reason phone companies are lobbying and pressuring companies such as Google who are ready and capable of blasting free WiFi worldwide with satellites. It could put the regular carriers out of business!

So right now the downside is you have to be in range of a WiFi network that it can connect to. But the deals you list are pretty damn good.
Old 19 April 2018, 22:10
Did...did I do that?

I think we're going to pull the trigger on this one. Price-wise, it's actually a wash for us, but we'll pick up unlimited data on all the lines, which we don't have right now. The in-flight texting and data deal is fine for us since we don't fly much.

The Netflix deal is limited to two screens at one time though, FWIW.
Old 20 April 2018, 04:15
Divides by zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzmedic View Post

I'm also looking at WiFi-only carriers such as TextNow. They look to have a pretty good set-up and it's free for unlimited call and text. You can bring your own phone. They give you a free number.
There are many companies offering just this, for free. Hell Google will give you a free number at anytime.

I'm at the point where I'm not sure why I even have cellular service....
Old 20 April 2018, 05:20
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzmedic View Post
blasting free WiFi worldwide with satellites.
????

Seems like you'd have to have a pretty powerful transmitter in your phone to hit a satellite. I don't know that if want that in my pocket constantly sending and receiving. Am I missing something?

Our new posting rules