SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 9 November 2018, 03:11
Confirmed User

I have had a CZ SP01 for about a year now and love it. Just went and bought a CZ 75 compact today for my concealed carry. I try to either buy a new gun or ammo any time the shitlibs start wailing about gun control.
Old 11 November 2018, 21:51
Freelancer

P10C update

800 trouble free rounds so far. With use the trigger smoothed out and the " binding" has gone away. Both the mag and slide release are as smooth as a 19X.
Great gun for CCW in a chest rig. It pretty much disappears.
Would I recommend it? Yes, can't beat the price point. I would advise to break it in before carrying it.
Old 15 November 2018, 09:41
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sltwtr1 View Post
Anyone on here a certified CZ armorer (handguns)?

Thanks

Sltwtr1

OUT
Bump

Jack Bauer
Old 15 November 2018, 10:26
Animal Tamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horned Toad View Post
Cajun or CZ Custom for springs

Greg Cote for mags

the Mec Gars are the way to go
I'm not a CZ nut but one of my co-workers is. He drug me to Monroe and we did a walk-thru of I think Cajun's operation. Very impressive. I just can't tear myself away from my G19 MOS. However, I'm getting the itch for a new G34...
Old 5 December 2018, 15:00
Freelancer

Would I recommend the P10C to family or friends?

No, I fired 1k rounds through the test sample. It did run flawlessly the main issue was the trigger safety causing the trigger to bind. I've talked with other P10 owners who also griped about this.

CZ did a great job on ergonomics and MSRP. The trigger needs serious improvement. It's not the Glock killer that MSGWs claim it is.
Old 5 December 2018, 15:40
Firearm Industry Vagabond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sltwtr1 View Post
Bump
Yeah, just getting caught up on a few months of SOCNET and skimmed the whole thread so I might have missed it. What are you looking for that I can help with?

PM if you prefer.

Rest Easy SOTB
Old 5 December 2018, 16:09
Firearm Industry Vagabond

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post

No, I fired 1k rounds through the test sample. It did run flawlessly the main issue was the trigger safety causing the trigger to bind. I've talked with other P10 owners who also griped about this.

CZ did a great job on ergonomics and MSRP. The trigger needs serious improvement. It's not the Glock killer that MSGWs claim it is.
Not even close, and I think that in particular has lead to the P10c being a stumbling block for such a prolific manufacturer. Personally, I believe that CZ was “listening to the consumer” but got pulled off course by all the gun forum complaints about “grip angle” and “ergonomics of a 2x4” that so many Glock critics love to parrot. I’ve learned a lot about pistol marksmanship in the last few years in particular, and the most ergonomic gun will shoot for me at most negligibly better than some awkward chincy zinc alloy crap gun.

Most of those complaints are from people who are unable or unwilling to learn consistency in their fundamentals, usual the ones who shoot the least. The improvement efforts seem to have gone into the least important areas in an effort to beat Glock at it’s own game which is a fools errand at this point. The 19X, G45, and the entire Gen 5 line have improved the long-trusted design leaps and bounds better than any of the competitors have managed to do. In the meantime, high volume and higher performing shooters who tried out the P10 have all been at best underwhelmed by the trigger (safety tab in particular) and performance after the 10k+ round count levels.

CZ makes some excellent pistols in their steel and alloy CZ-75 based classic line though. As much as the fedora wearing Subaru drivers that plague CZ’s fan base annoys me, I have to admit that the best target shooting I’ve achieved with a pistol was with an SP-01 Tactical, the full sized model with the railed dust jacket that runs the full length of the slide. Using bulk NATO 124gr FMJ I was shooting five round ragged holes and ten round clover leafs at 25m offhand. That’s not to say it’s a huge improvement over a 1911 or even my 19X, but a ten round group shrinking from 3” down to 1.5-2” was still noticeable to me.

That being said, there’s a myriad of reasons why that excellent target gun isn’t something I’d recommend for EDC and not something I ever reached for as a carry or duty use gun. That’s a whole different discussion.

FWIW, I’ve found that the Canick TP9 is consistently a better gun out of the box than the P10. The parts interface is more smooth and seems to be finished better, allowing a less gritty or sticky movement of essential parts. I recall CZ having an optional aftermarket flat trigger shoe with no safety tab, though I’d avoid that type of trigger shoe on any full tension striker fired handgun for any serious use. That limits you to either an unsafe or an unreliable trigger, which are both unacceptable with such a saturated market of good reliable alternatives.

Rest Easy SOTB
Old 5 December 2018, 16:29
Freelancer

^^ The binding really irritated me hence my change from my earlier post. What I thought was the trigger bind going away was me adjusting my shooting to that weapon. Which caused my shooting to suffer on other guns. I actually contemplated taping the trigger safety.
I have 1.8k total rounds through the P10C. First 800 I thought it was gtg more I shot it less I liked it.
I concur on the SP01 great weapon.

Last edited by GPC; 5 December 2018 at 16:39.
Old 10 December 2018, 17:49

Quote:
Would I recommend the P10C to family or friends? No.

CZ did a great job on ergonomics and MSRP. The trigger needs serious improvement.
Well, dammit, that's a kick in the nuts. I was so looking forward to this as a carry rig.
Might as well go fondle a 19x now...

DaveP
Old 10 December 2018, 18:02
Freelancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
Well, dammit, that's a kick in the nuts. I was so looking forward to this as a carry rig.
Might as well go fondle a 19x now...

DaveP
Lot of play in the trigger safety. I was mostly shooting the P10 then I took a VP9 out and noticed how my finger placement was compared to the CZ. What works on all other guns for me doesn't on the P10.
Try a P10 and see if it happens to you. CZ has done improvements during production.
Old 10 December 2018, 22:29
The Sagacious One

Try the 19X. You'll be glad you did.
Old 10 December 2018, 22:49

That's sorta what I'm afraid of.

And now I'm seeing that STI single-stack in my sleep.
I hate this place.

DaveP
Old 11 December 2018, 07:21
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
Try the 19X. You'll be glad you did.
Can't praise this offering from Glock enough.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11 December 2018, 07:21
Been There Done That

Quote:

Appreciate your detailed reviews.

"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
Old 11 December 2018, 07:28
Freelancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
That's sorta what I'm afraid of.

And now I'm seeing that STI single-stack in my sleep.
I hate this place.

DaveP
If you're ever in my area I can let you try both.
And a Wilson. I have a range at my lean-to.
Old 12 December 2018, 05:51

An excellent idea. Seriously lacking in any kinda trigger time for months here, skills sliding into the pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Appreciate your detailed reviews.
Yeah, makes you pay attention when both he and SOW find they need to alter their grip to make a trigger work. Hmmm...

DaveP

Our new posting rules