SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > How Not to Post

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 19 May 2006, 11:07
KidA's Avatar
KidA KidA is offline
Authorized Personnel
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: WbyGV
Posts: 19,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by username93
I just want to fight the war. I feel this is something that I need to do, regardless of whether or not this community supports my decision to serve.
What fucking community, Missie? This one? I hope you aren't talking about THIS community because we've been nothing but supportive of you and answered your questions and offered you guidance - some more harsh than others - until you continued to run your suck and insult the intelligence of those who did try to offer you guidance at which point you got told to STFU. That means Shut the Fuck Up. A lot of acronyms are used in the military but you'll never learn them because you'll never STFU long enough to sign on the damned line.

Quote:
I'd be general infantry with no fancy patches and no special schools or cool ops for my entire career if I could, just to do what I feel is my calling.
It ain't your calling. Why? Because you can't do it. It is impossible for you to achieve. It's akin to saying "My calling is to soar over the Grand Fucking Canyon just using my arms for wings."

Quote:
Whether that is right or wrong, I will let the Military decide.
No you won't. You won't STFU long enough to do it.
Quote:
My best friend came back safe from Iraq today, so I guess its time to make my decision.
WTF does one thing have to do with the other? Your best friend has something you don't. I'll leave it up to you to decide WTF that is.
Quote:
Bailaviborita-- you said that you knew of females wearing the Ranger Beret. Could you please explain? Thank you.
I would be general infantry....ooh, but you know a way I can get a Beret?

STELFU!

That's Shut the Ever Loving Fuck Up.

Oh and your little veiled missives at MOSs that you think are beneath you aren't appreciated one bit. You wouldn't be a Vet Tech? You won't be Admin? You won't do this but you HAVE to fight the war? You HAVE to serve?
__________________
Hey homo, its me -- Andy/SOTB
  #102  
Old 19 May 2006, 11:17
Raider Rakkasans's Avatar
Raider Rakkasans Raider Rakkasans is offline
Just tell me where OBL is and fuhgedaboudit!
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,014
Is that a dude or a broad? The public profile has a bunch of man things on it? I am so CONFUSED!
__________________
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

-Edmund Burke
  #103  
Old 19 May 2006, 11:19
LibraryLady LibraryLady is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Pacific Northwet
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogie320
...the mouuntain ruck running bulldozer, I'm better than you archive files.
Is that geek speak for a round file?

LL
__________________
Too much of a good thing can be wonderful. Mae West
  #104  
Old 19 May 2006, 11:29
Hard H2O Hard H2O is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oakdale, MN
Posts: 241
Is the U.S. Military still a team effort?

I personally am proud to have served in a support role for 12 years. I am offended that someone feels that they are better than me and would not stoop to serve at my level.

18 year olds nowadays can be so full of drama and saga. It would be nice for them to learn that they are not in charge of things. Much of the time rules and people with more experience and a higher pay grade will be making decisions for them.

Country folk seem to grasp this a lot sooner in life than angst ridden city girls.

I wasn't at the tip of the spear. I was pretty closer to the opposite end.
__________________
Running away is the cowards way out of war.

Appeasement is the cowards way into one.
  #105  
Old 19 May 2006, 11:30
Hard H2O Hard H2O is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oakdale, MN
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraryLady
Is that geek speak for a round file?

LL
http://www.socnetcentral.com/vb/show...ight=bulldozer
__________________
Running away is the cowards way out of war.

Appeasement is the cowards way into one.
  #106  
Old 19 May 2006, 12:03
Doogie320 Doogie320 is offline
Going back
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Afghanistan
Posts: 3,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraryLady
Is that geek speak for a round file?

LL
No, it means that even if the thread goes away Uselessname93 will live infamy (not infantry) for ever alongside BenningBound and Lucid. I'm sure there are other wannabes with big mouths that I've forgotten.

Let the list begin.

It fucking KILLS me at times to see young men come onto this board, sign up, and go off and get hurt and "fall short" of their goals. I can think of two that have either accepted it and moved on with their lives or are in the process of doing so. They asked for nothing, for no special treatment, only a CHANCE. When luck wasn't on their side they picked up the pieces and continued like MEN.

Stains like Uselessname and Lucid and bulldozer boy don't get that. They aren't fit to carry (insert name here)'s jock strap much less wear the same uniform.

Uselessname doesn't get that. BenningBound didn't want it. Lucid was too weak to work for it.

I have no sympathy.
__________________
- I personally have never killed anyone, but I have read some obituaries with pleasure.

- Blue Skies Big Windy 25

- Are you suffering from brain damage? I seriously want to know. If so, I will quit making fun of you. - Joe
  #107  
Old 19 May 2006, 12:18
LibraryLady LibraryLady is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Pacific Northwet
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogie320
I have no sympathy.
I'm in agreement with you, Doogie. I just didn't realize the admins kept threads like bulldozer bouncer boy. I suppose though, keeping them for object lessons is a good thing. Not that the right people will learn said lessons.

LL
__________________
Too much of a good thing can be wonderful. Mae West
  #108  
Old 19 May 2006, 12:22
Polar Bear Polar Bear is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogie320
It fucking KILLS me at times to see young men come onto this board, sign up, and go off and get hurt and "fall short" of their goals. I can think of two that have either accepted it and moved on with their lives or are in the process of doing so. They asked for nothing, for no special treatment, only a CHANCE. When luck wasn't on their side they picked up the pieces and continued like MEN.
Very well said Doogie
  #109  
Old 19 May 2006, 13:01
Winnie's Avatar
Winnie Winnie is offline
US Army Veteran, Female Type, 1-ea.
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Rakkasans
Is that a dude or a broad? The public profile has a bunch of man things on it? I am so CONFUSED!
:D

P...username is female :)
__________________
"If your team f**ks up, they f**k up, simple as that, admit it, they wont change if their own players dont call them on their bullshit."
Tony on politics

Our 'neoconservatives' are neither new nor conservative, but old as Bablyon and evil as Hell.
Edward Abbey
  #110  
Old 19 May 2006, 13:08
mara mara is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: CONUS
Posts: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogie320
No, it means that even if the thread goes away Uselessname93 will live infamy (not infantry) for ever alongside BenningBound and Lucid. I'm sure there are other wannabes with big mouths that I've forgotten.

Let the list begin.
...
"Mr. John XXXXXXX, 18X Bigmouth," always a favorite.

/////

Doogie, excellent post.
  #111  
Old 19 May 2006, 15:15
username93
Visitor
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear
How I missed this I don't know but I think your a dude looking for a sex change...

This is ridiculous. What is wrong with all of you???? The voice of reason is taking cheap shots at my short hair? What is your problem????

I've tried to be as F**** respectful as I can, but this is ridiculous! You guys get off on running people off the board and I took a huge chance by using my real name as opposed to an alias, which I thought you would appreciate, but I guess that was a mistake as well.

I feel like the whole reason we're fighting a war is because I'm not wearing a burqa, and I also feel like there's nothing I can do about it. You're probably wondering why I'm still here. Because I used my real name and now I'm defending it. How dare you accuse me of being a dyke? Its not fair! I'm an individualist with intelligent thoughts and opinions and you just bash me like its a personal passtime?! I have a right to my personality and so do all of you, but I also have a right to my dignity and I think words are being put into my mouth. If you expect me to participate willingly in my subordination, you are mistaken.

Therefore I request the administrators lock this thread for good and allow me to remove any identifying information about my real name. Thanks for nothing.
  #112  
Old 19 May 2006, 15:23
Raider Rakkasans's Avatar
Raider Rakkasans Raider Rakkasans is offline
Just tell me where OBL is and fuhgedaboudit!
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by username93
This is ridiculous. What is wrong with all of you???? The voice of reason is taking cheap shots at my short hair? What is your problem????

I've tried to be as F**** respectful as I can, but this is ridiculous! You guys get off on running people off the board and I took a huge chance by using my real name as opposed to an alias, which I thought you would appreciate, but I guess that was a mistake as well.

I feel like the whole reason we're fighting a war is because I'm not wearing a burqa, and I also feel like there's nothing I can do about it. You're probably wondering why I'm still here. Because I used my real name and now I'm defending it. How dare you accuse me of being a dyke? Its not fair! I'm an individualist with intelligent thoughts and opinions and you just bash me like its a personal passtime?! I have a right to my personality and so do all of you, but I also have a right to my dignity and I think words are being put into my mouth. If you expect me to participate willingly in my subordination, you are mistaken.

Therefore I request the administrators lock this thread for good and allow me to remove any identifying information about my real name. Thanks for nothing.
LMAO!!!!! :D :D

If you think this is rough then don't bother going into the US Armed Forces. You will rip your hair out!! LOL!!!!
__________________
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

-Edmund Burke
  #113  
Old 19 May 2006, 15:41
Hard H2O Hard H2O is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oakdale, MN
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by username93
I feel like the whole reason we're fighting a war is because I'm not wearing a burqa, and I also feel like there's nothing I can do about it. You're probably wondering why I'm still here. Because I used my real name and now I'm defending it. How dare you accuse me of being a dyke? Its not fair! I'm an individualist with intelligent thoughts and opinions and you just bash me like its a personal passtime?! I have a right to my personality and so do all of you, but I also have a right to my dignity and I think words are being put into my mouth. If you expect me to participate willingly in my subordination, you are mistaken.
The military is all about subordination to the team. There are rules and regulations. You follow them or get the boot.

You loose a bit of your dignity in basic.

Why do kids today want our institutions to conform to them instead of the other way around? If you want to carry a gun and go into harms way on a daily basis my non HSLD self suggests a law enforcement, corrections, firefighter, EMT carreer.
__________________
Running away is the cowards way out of war.

Appeasement is the cowards way into one.
  #114  
Old 19 May 2006, 15:44
The Corporate Guy's Avatar
The Corporate Guy The Corporate Guy is offline
All Labs Matter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Virtual Panopticon
Posts: 4,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraryLady
Username93,

Let me put this bluntly.

You = pussy.
Infantry or Spec Ops = dick.

See the disconnect?

LL
Holy shit, that was funny.
__________________
“I find it rather easy to portray a businessman. Being bland, rather cruel and incompetent comes naturally to me.” John Cleese
  #115  
Old 19 May 2006, 15:48
The Corporate Guy's Avatar
The Corporate Guy The Corporate Guy is offline
All Labs Matter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Virtual Panopticon
Posts: 4,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by username93
Well at least I know I don't want to be a verteranary tech.

Cheers.
Has she met Tony762? :)
__________________
“I find it rather easy to portray a businessman. Being bland, rather cruel and incompetent comes naturally to me.” John Cleese
  #116  
Old 19 May 2006, 15:58
The Corporate Guy's Avatar
The Corporate Guy The Corporate Guy is offline
All Labs Matter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Virtual Panopticon
Posts: 4,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailaviborita
On a serious note: your emotions, while charming for a female wrestler, would not get you far if you were allowed to go to the Q. That is one reason having the 18X program stirs up so much emotions here: because young people are more prone to emotions. Emotions will usually get people killed, therefore I'd recommend you get some other experience before going SF IF you were a male.


Quote:
Originally Posted by username93
This is ridiculous. What is wrong with all of you???? The voice of reason is taking cheap shots at my short hair? What is your problem????

I've tried to be as F**** respectful as I can, but this is ridiculous! You guys get off on running people off the board and I took a huge chance by using my real name as opposed to an alias, which I thought you would appreciate, but I guess that was a mistake as well.

I feel like the whole reason we're fighting a war is because I'm not wearing a burqa, and I also feel like there's nothing I can do about it. You're probably wondering why I'm still here. Because I used my real name and now I'm defending it. How dare you accuse me of being a dyke? Its not fair! I'm an individualist with intelligent thoughts and opinions and you just bash me like its a personal passtime?! I have a right to my personality and so do all of you, but I also have a right to my dignity and I think words are being put into my mouth. If you expect me to participate willingly in my subordination, you are mistaken.

Therefore I request the administrators lock this thread for good and allow me to remove any identifying information about my real name. Thanks for nothing.
Y'all think Bailaviborita is on to something here?

Time for Username to head back to the kiddie pool.
__________________
“I find it rather easy to portray a businessman. Being bland, rather cruel and incompetent comes naturally to me.” John Cleese
  #117  
Old 19 May 2006, 16:02
Fire-Gunner's Avatar
Fire-Gunner Fire-Gunner is offline
BTDT
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NOCAL
Posts: 2,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by username93
Its not fair! I'm an individualist with intelligent thoughts and opinions blah blah blah!
Please, please, please! Do NOT join any branch of the U.S. Military in ANY capacity! We can't use you.
__________________
FTM-PTB-EGH-RFB
  #118  
Old 19 May 2006, 16:04
Slim's Avatar
Slim Slim is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by username93
Because I used my real name and now I'm defending it. How dare you accuse me of being a dyke? Its not fair! I'm an individualist with intelligent thoughts and opinions and you just bash me like its a personal passtime?! I have a right to my personality and so do all of you, but I also have a right to my dignity and I think words are being put into my mouth. If you expect me to participate willingly in my subordination, you are mistaken.

Therefore I request the administrators lock this thread for good and allow me to remove any identifying information about my real name. Thanks for nothing.
You're not defending your name, you're sullying it further by not following valuable advice given by quality advisors. It has made you look like a fool. bobody else did that, you did it to yourself. I fyou had been interested in maintaining a good name, when given sound advice you would have said "roger that", signed a contract and moved out. Instead you took the "life isn't fair, I should be allowed to do just what I want attitude."

I know you will continue to lay your current disposition at the feet of those who tried to help you, but you are wrong. You created this for yourself.

Now, if you really meant what you said earlier about serving, you will not let this conversation dissuade you, you will drive on, find the job that you are NEEDED for and serve with honor.

But you didn't mean it, you are now discouraged and your feelings are hurt. Your excuse to not follow through has arrived.


Edited to add: I was using the New Posts button and forgot that this was the General Special Operations forum. Poor as hell SA. My apologes for swerving out of my lane. If my comments are not wanted. I will remove them.
__________________
The longer I live, the more I read, the more patiently I think, and the more anxiously I inquire, the less I seem to know... ~ John Adams
  #119  
Old 19 May 2006, 16:08
GackMan's Avatar
GackMan GackMan is offline
Authorized Personnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 7,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by username93
This is ridiculous. What is wrong with all of you???? The voice of reason is taking cheap shots at my short hair? What is your problem????

I've tried to be as F**** respectful as I can, but this is ridiculous! You guys get off on running people off the board and I took a huge chance by using my real name as opposed to an alias, which I thought you would appreciate, but I guess that was a mistake as well.

I feel like the whole reason we're fighting a war is because I'm not wearing a burqa, and I also feel like there's nothing I can do about it. You're probably wondering why I'm still here. Because I used my real name and now I'm defending it. How dare you accuse me of being a dyke? Its not fair! I'm an individualist with intelligent thoughts and opinions and you just bash me like its a personal passtime?! I have a right to my personality and so do all of you, but I also have a right to my dignity and I think words are being put into my mouth. If you expect me to participate willingly in my subordination, you are mistaken.

Therefore I request the administrators lock this thread for good and allow me to remove any identifying information about my real name. Thanks for nothing.
so, I take it you didn't use the afternoon to do down and sign a DEP contract?
__________________
"Everything government touches turns to crap." - Ringo Starr
  #120  
Old 19 May 2006, 16:57
ex ex is offline
Baggage handler
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by username93
How dare you accuse me of being a dyke? Its not fair! I'm an individualist with intelligent thoughts and opinions and you just bash me like its a personal passtime?! I have a right to my personality and so do all of you, but I also have a right to my dignity and I think words are being put into my mouth. If you expect me to participate willingly in my subordination, you are mistaken.
If I had a dime for everytime someone on the Board called me a lesbo.........
:D

Sorry for making a serious comment in a forum I don't belong in ~~

I have never served, I was just the wife of a BTDT. So why am I not being "run off the board"?
Because I'm respectful to the other members (except for BCo ) and I know my place.
You don't, you're a hard headed idiot who likes to argue way too much.
Maybe when you're older, you'll learn.
Good luck, have a nice life.
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Our new posting rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:02.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved
© SOCNET 1996-2018