SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > How Not to Post

Old 19 May 2006, 11:07
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by username93
I just want to fight the war. I feel this is something that I need to do, regardless of whether or not this community supports my decision to serve.
What fucking community, Missie? This one? I hope you aren't talking about THIS community because we've been nothing but supportive of you and answered your questions and offered you guidance - some more harsh than others - until you continued to run your suck and insult the intelligence of those who did try to offer you guidance at which point you got told to STFU. That means Shut the Fuck Up. A lot of acronyms are used in the military but you'll never learn them because you'll never STFU long enough to sign on the damned line.

Quote:
I'd be general infantry with no fancy patches and no special schools or cool ops for my entire career if I could, just to do what I feel is my calling.
It ain't your calling. Why? Because you can't do it. It is impossible for you to achieve. It's akin to saying "My calling is to soar over the Grand Fucking Canyon just using my arms for wings."

Quote:
Whether that is right or wrong, I will let the Military decide.
No you won't. You won't STFU long enough to do it.
Quote:
My best friend came back safe from Iraq today, so I guess its time to make my decision.
WTF does one thing have to do with the other? Your best friend has something you don't. I'll leave it up to you to decide WTF that is.
Quote:
Bailaviborita-- you said that you knew of females wearing the Ranger Beret. Could you please explain? Thank you.
I would be general infantry....ooh, but you know a way I can get a Beret?

STELFU!

That's Shut the Ever Loving Fuck Up.

Oh and your little veiled missives at MOSs that you think are beneath you aren't appreciated one bit. You wouldn't be a Vet Tech? You won't be Admin? You won't do this but you HAVE to fight the war? You HAVE to serve?
Old 19 May 2006, 11:17
Just tell me where OBL is and fuhgedaboudit!

Is that a dude or a broad? The public profile has a bunch of man things on it? I am so CONFUSED!

-Edmund Burke
Old 19 May 2006, 11:19
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogie320
...the mouuntain ruck running bulldozer, I'm better than you archive files.
Is that geek speak for a round file?

LL
Old 19 May 2006, 11:29
Confirmed User

Is the U.S. Military still a team effort?

I personally am proud to have served in a support role for 12 years. I am offended that someone feels that they are better than me and would not stoop to serve at my level.

18 year olds nowadays can be so full of drama and saga. It would be nice for them to learn that they are not in charge of things. Much of the time rules and people with more experience and a higher pay grade will be making decisions for them.

Country folk seem to grasp this a lot sooner in life than angst ridden city girls.

I wasn't at the tip of the spear. I was pretty closer to the opposite end.

Appeasement is the cowards way into one.
Old 19 May 2006, 11:30
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraryLady

LL
http://www.socnetcentral.com/vb/show...ight=bulldozer

Old 19 May 2006, 12:03
Going back

Quote:

LL
No, it means that even if the thread goes away Uselessname93 will live infamy (not infantry) for ever alongside BenningBound and Lucid. I'm sure there are other wannabes with big mouths that I've forgotten.

Let the list begin.

It fucking KILLS me at times to see young men come onto this board, sign up, and go off and get hurt and "fall short" of their goals. I can think of two that have either accepted it and moved on with their lives or are in the process of doing so. They asked for nothing, for no special treatment, only a CHANCE. When luck wasn't on their side they picked up the pieces and continued like MEN.

Stains like Uselessname and Lucid and bulldozer boy don't get that. They aren't fit to carry (insert name here)'s jock strap much less wear the same uniform.

Uselessname doesn't get that. BenningBound didn't want it. Lucid was too weak to work for it.

I have no sympathy.

- Blue Skies Big Windy 25

- Are you suffering from brain damage? I seriously want to know. If so, I will quit making fun of you. - Joe
Old 19 May 2006, 12:18
Confirmed User

Quote:
I have no sympathy.
I'm in agreement with you, Doogie. I just didn't realize the admins kept threads like bulldozer bouncer boy. I suppose though, keeping them for object lessons is a good thing. Not that the right people will learn said lessons.

LL
Old 19 May 2006, 12:22
Confirmed User

Quote:
It fucking KILLS me at times to see young men come onto this board, sign up, and go off and get hurt and "fall short" of their goals. I can think of two that have either accepted it and moved on with their lives or are in the process of doing so. They asked for nothing, for no special treatment, only a CHANCE. When luck wasn't on their side they picked up the pieces and continued like MEN.
Very well said Doogie
Old 19 May 2006, 13:01
US Army Veteran, Female Type, 1-ea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Rakkasans
Is that a dude or a broad? The public profile has a bunch of man things on it? I am so CONFUSED!
:D

P...username is female :)

Our 'neoconservatives' are neither new nor conservative, but old as Bablyon and evil as Hell.
Edward Abbey
Old 19 May 2006, 13:08
Confirmed User

Quote:
No, it means that even if the thread goes away Uselessname93 will live infamy (not infantry) for ever alongside BenningBound and Lucid. I'm sure there are other wannabes with big mouths that I've forgotten.

Let the list begin.
"Mr. John XXXXXXX, 18X Bigmouth," always a favorite.

/////

Doogie, excellent post.
Old 19 May 2006, 15:15
username93
Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear
How I missed this I don't know but I think your a dude looking for a sex change...

This is ridiculous. What is wrong with all of you???? The voice of reason is taking cheap shots at my short hair? What is your problem????

I've tried to be as F**** respectful as I can, but this is ridiculous! You guys get off on running people off the board and I took a huge chance by using my real name as opposed to an alias, which I thought you would appreciate, but I guess that was a mistake as well.

I feel like the whole reason we're fighting a war is because I'm not wearing a burqa, and I also feel like there's nothing I can do about it. You're probably wondering why I'm still here. Because I used my real name and now I'm defending it. How dare you accuse me of being a dyke? Its not fair! I'm an individualist with intelligent thoughts and opinions and you just bash me like its a personal passtime?! I have a right to my personality and so do all of you, but I also have a right to my dignity and I think words are being put into my mouth. If you expect me to participate willingly in my subordination, you are mistaken.

Therefore I request the administrators lock this thread for good and allow me to remove any identifying information about my real name. Thanks for nothing.
Old 19 May 2006, 15:23
Just tell me where OBL is and fuhgedaboudit!

Quote:
This is ridiculous. What is wrong with all of you???? The voice of reason is taking cheap shots at my short hair? What is your problem????

I've tried to be as F**** respectful as I can, but this is ridiculous! You guys get off on running people off the board and I took a huge chance by using my real name as opposed to an alias, which I thought you would appreciate, but I guess that was a mistake as well.

I feel like the whole reason we're fighting a war is because I'm not wearing a burqa, and I also feel like there's nothing I can do about it. You're probably wondering why I'm still here. Because I used my real name and now I'm defending it. How dare you accuse me of being a dyke? Its not fair! I'm an individualist with intelligent thoughts and opinions and you just bash me like its a personal passtime?! I have a right to my personality and so do all of you, but I also have a right to my dignity and I think words are being put into my mouth. If you expect me to participate willingly in my subordination, you are mistaken.

Therefore I request the administrators lock this thread for good and allow me to remove any identifying information about my real name. Thanks for nothing.
LMAO!!!!! :D :D

If you think this is rough then don't bother going into the US Armed Forces. You will rip your hair out!! LOL!!!!

-Edmund Burke
Old 19 May 2006, 15:41
Confirmed User

Quote:
The military is all about subordination to the team. There are rules and regulations. You follow them or get the boot.

You loose a bit of your dignity in basic.

Why do kids today want our institutions to conform to them instead of the other way around? If you want to carry a gun and go into harms way on a daily basis my non HSLD self suggests a law enforcement, corrections, firefighter, EMT carreer.

Old 19 May 2006, 15:44
All Labs Matter

Quote:
Username93,

Let me put this bluntly.

You = pussy.
Infantry or Spec Ops = dick.

See the disconnect?

LL
Holy shit, that was funny.
Old 19 May 2006, 15:48
All Labs Matter

Quote:
Well at least I know I don't want to be a verteranary tech.

Cheers.
Has she met Tony762? :)
Old 19 May 2006, 15:58
All Labs Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailaviborita
On a serious note: your emotions, while charming for a female wrestler, would not get you far if you were allowed to go to the Q. That is one reason having the 18X program stirs up so much emotions here: because young people are more prone to emotions. Emotions will usually get people killed, therefore I'd recommend you get some other experience before going SF IF you were a male.

Quote:

Y'all think Bailaviborita is on to something here?

Time for Username to head back to the kiddie pool.
Old 19 May 2006, 16:02
BTDT

Quote:
Its not fair! I'm an individualist with intelligent thoughts and opinions blah blah blah!
Please, please, please! Do NOT join any branch of the U.S. Military in ANY capacity! We can't use you.
Old 19 May 2006, 16:04
Confirmed User

Quote:
Because I used my real name and now I'm defending it. How dare you accuse me of being a dyke? Its not fair! I'm an individualist with intelligent thoughts and opinions and you just bash me like its a personal passtime?! I have a right to my personality and so do all of you, but I also have a right to my dignity and I think words are being put into my mouth. If you expect me to participate willingly in my subordination, you are mistaken.

You're not defending your name, you're sullying it further by not following valuable advice given by quality advisors. It has made you look like a fool. bobody else did that, you did it to yourself. I fyou had been interested in maintaining a good name, when given sound advice you would have said "roger that", signed a contract and moved out. Instead you took the "life isn't fair, I should be allowed to do just what I want attitude."

I know you will continue to lay your current disposition at the feet of those who tried to help you, but you are wrong. You created this for yourself.

Now, if you really meant what you said earlier about serving, you will not let this conversation dissuade you, you will drive on, find the job that you are NEEDED for and serve with honor.

But you didn't mean it, you are now discouraged and your feelings are hurt. Your excuse to not follow through has arrived.

Edited to add: I was using the New Posts button and forgot that this was the General Special Operations forum. Poor as hell SA. My apologes for swerving out of my lane. If my comments are not wanted. I will remove them.
Old 19 May 2006, 16:08
Authorized Personnel

Quote:

so, I take it you didn't use the afternoon to do down and sign a DEP contract?
Old 19 May 2006, 16:57
Baggage handler

Quote:
How dare you accuse me of being a dyke? Its not fair! I'm an individualist with intelligent thoughts and opinions and you just bash me like its a personal passtime?! I have a right to my personality and so do all of you, but I also have a right to my dignity and I think words are being put into my mouth. If you expect me to participate willingly in my subordination, you are mistaken.
If I had a dime for everytime someone on the Board called me a lesbo.........
:D

Sorry for making a serious comment in a forum I don't belong in ~~

I have never served, I was just the wife of a BTDT. So why am I not being "run off the board"?
Because I'm respectful to the other members (except for BCo ) and I know my place.
You don't, you're a hard headed idiot who likes to argue way too much.
Maybe when you're older, you'll learn.
Good luck, have a nice life.

Our new posting rules