Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Closed Thread

Old 17 October 2015, 17:32

I will be more succinct in my responses, and I did not mean for any of them to be inflammatory - I apologize if they were. I was simply asking so I could improve my SA.
Old 17 October 2015, 18:50
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecksline View Post
Gavin,

Perhaps you're taking too fine a scope of my message in an attempt to make some type of point about how I should feel about what my life's decisions are/should be.

Another source of my interest in SF is my desire to be in the medical field, and based on various acquaintances' experiences, 18D is where to get some of the best training in the business. So your comment about it being about a "hat" are purely outlandish.

However, through your message, I see the general meaning you were trying to send, albeit poorly delivered. Thank you for your input.
The only message poorly delivered is yours. You are obviously confusing the fact that these guys that take the time to help you are some how your equals. The man you have insulted twice epitomizes the career you state you want to pursue. I refuse to dignify your arrogance with telling you of his accomplishments. I will let it stand that he is one of the most honorable men I know.

You are one post away from your first (and maybe your last) special operations exfiltration. Read more Post Less.

Carry On.
Old 17 October 2015, 19:44

I submit I have a lot to learn - hopefully you all are willing to continue to help. I sincerely apologize for any offense to Gavin, or any others.
Old 17 October 2015, 21:06
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecksline View Post
I submit I have a lot to learn - hopefully you all are willing to continue to help. I sincerely apologize for any offense to Gavin, or any others.
You couldn't offend gavin with instructions. Focus on the term "Quiet Professional" for a while.
Old 17 October 2015, 23:31

Understood.

I spoke with a lawyer that specializes in expunging records. He said the process normally takes 4-6 weeks if it's possible at all, which he said it seemed likely it would be possible in my case.

Being as I'm already going through the recruitment process, and have told both the recruiter and doctor at MEPS about the misdemeanors, will expunging it at this point do me any good? Or should I just follow through and see where it goes.

Thanks in advance.
Old 18 October 2015, 00:02
The Sagacious One

I am no lawyer, although we have some here, but I cannot see the harm in it.
Old 18 October 2015, 05:42
Old Scroll

Do the expungement process. Now.

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"
Melville / Captain Ahab
Closed Thread

Our new posting rules