Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 29 December 2015, 10:43
8654maine 8654maine is offline
Another pool cleaner
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 3,925
I'd be a Coastie with duty in Cape Cod, MSRT and then try to get into Maine Maritime Academy for advanced engineering degree. The world would be my oyster.

Or do what everyone else says not to do. Just to blaze my own glory.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 29 December 2015, 13:22
CAP MARINE's Avatar
CAP MARINE CAP MARINE is offline
0311/8651
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 3,061
When I stay at MCRDSD I see a lot of CG LEOs there.
__________________
Guy "Landmine"Melton
We all died a little in that war-Josey Wales
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 29 December 2015, 13:37
MakoZeroSix's Avatar
MakoZeroSix MakoZeroSix is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 7,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
How about assignments like Sector Ohio River valley or here is a good one MSD Port Arthur. All USCG assignments are not on the "Beach" per se. (But there are good ones, like USCG Station Key West)
Yeah, but there are way more CG stations in great locations than Army ones. Other than Hawaii and Key West, what the hell do we have other than used-condoms of a town in the middle of BFE?
__________________
Quote:
You know they show up with the helmets and the black masks and they have clubs and everything...ANTIFAAAA!!!
- President Donald J. Trump
22 Aug 17
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 29 December 2015, 13:57
W1ldBill W1ldBill is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0699 View Post
Why not apply for MSST or MSRT?
I am at a Msst currently and if I reenlist I'll go to msrt San Diago
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 29 December 2015, 14:14
HighDragLowSpeed's Avatar
HighDragLowSpeed HighDragLowSpeed is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Only Place For Me
Posts: 5,013
Honolulu, South Padre Island, New Orleans, Traverse City, Clearwater, Key West, Port Angeles, and Cape Cod all sound better to me than Fayetteville, NC.

What are the worst places that you could be stationed?

Stay in the CG
__________________
"I know of no country in which there is so little independence of mind and real freedom of discussion as in America." - de Tocqueville, 19th century

God made machine language; all the rest is the work of man.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 29 December 2015, 15:20
HF0311 HF0311 is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDragLowSpeed View Post
Honolulu, South Padre Island, New Orleans, Traverse City, Clearwater, Key West, Port Angeles, and Cape Cod all sound better to me than Fayetteville, NC.

What are the worst places that you could be stationed?

Stay in the CG

Only answering this one because its slightly in my lane...USCG Station Jonesport Maine...Coast Guard has some nice duty stations, but they also have a shit load of really small stations in some remote areas, shit I've heard some Coasties actually brag about how nice Lejeune was when they went there for some small boat training.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 29 December 2015, 16:41
MikeC2W's Avatar
MikeC2W MikeC2W is offline
Cry havoc
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Ciudad Juarez
Posts: 12,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
Yeah, but there are way more CG stations in great locations than Army ones. Other than Hawaii and Key West, what the hell do we have other than used-condoms of a town in the middle of BFE?
Boom!

I had a bud that went Navy to Coast Guard, he was some kind of Sgt. At Arms in the Navy (I have no fucking idea what that is), got out, got a degree, went to be a CG helo-pilot.... that motherfucker made the RIGHT move!

The amount of potential shitfuckingholes you could find yourself in increase exponentially should one be dumb enough to join the army!
__________________
Cco 1/75
RLTW


Two eyes from the east.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 29 December 2015, 17:02
havok88 havok88 is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: US
Posts: 1,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC2W View Post
Boom!

I had a bud that went Navy to Coast Guard, he was some kind of Sgt. At Arms in the Navy (I have no fucking idea what that is), got out, got a degree, went to be a CG helo-pilot.... that motherfucker made the RIGHT move!

The amount of potential shitfuckingholes you could find yourself in increase exponentially should one be dumb enough to join the army!
LOL. Probably Master at Arms(MA). Its the Navy equivalent of an MP.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 29 December 2015, 17:50
MakoZeroSix's Avatar
MakoZeroSix MakoZeroSix is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 7,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by havok88 View Post
LOL. Probably Master at Arms(MA). Its the Navy equivalent of an MP.
I don't even think they are that. I heard they just fuck with people about uniform violations while they're floating around inside the bowels of gigantic aircraft carriers or whatnot.

You know, fuck it OP- I've got a question for YOU. Will you guys take an SF Warrant Officer interservice transfer to come ride around on your ships? Do you even have warrants? I promise I'll teach you CQC if you let me in. I just want to be stationed at Ocrakoke, NC and not get bothered about if I had my flu shot on time yet like 20 times.

Look that shit up for me, and I'll give you more advice. We'll do a one for one swap.
__________________
Quote:
You know they show up with the helmets and the black masks and they have clubs and everything...ANTIFAAAA!!!
- President Donald J. Trump
22 Aug 17
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 29 December 2015, 18:00
leopardprey's Avatar
leopardprey leopardprey is online now
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 10,196
This, IMHO, has got to be the coolest job in the US Military. If I was 18 years old again, this is what I would be enlisting to do. And be back home everyday for a hot shower and some good chow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hitron_gunner_with_tools_of_the_trade.jpg (44.7 KB, 258 views)
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 29 December 2015, 19:14
Hot Mess's Avatar
Hot Mess Hot Mess is offline
In Vino Veritas
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Where you vacation
Posts: 10,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
Yeah, but there are way more CG stations in great locations than Army ones. Other than Hawaii and Key West, what the hell do we have other than used-condoms of a town in the middle of BFE?
Ummmmm Savannah, GA?
__________________
Come on boys, you got to do it right, pray to the moon in the middle of the night
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 29 December 2015, 21:02
MeatLasagna MeatLasagna is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Mess View Post
Nope. Sounds legit, good luck.
This best thing about this thread is how it was succinctly answered in the first reply.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 29 December 2015, 21:47
Hot Mess's Avatar
Hot Mess Hot Mess is offline
In Vino Veritas
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Where you vacation
Posts: 10,491
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatLasagna View Post
This best thing about this thread is how it was succinctly answered in the first reply.
That's what I thought. I was going to forego the usual gripes and complaints since there are at least 10 threads with don't do this do that advice.

It's just my "New Year, new me" bullshit
__________________
Come on boys, you got to do it right, pray to the moon in the middle of the night
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 29 December 2015, 21:56
leopardprey's Avatar
leopardprey leopardprey is online now
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 10,196
Hot Mess has grown up to become the antithesis of Makozero6.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 29 December 2015, 22:47
ExSquid ExSquid is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: CONUS
Posts: 337
Stay put and go to MSRT S.D.

x/S
__________________
"Rule # 76; no excuses, play like a champion."
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 29 December 2015, 22:53
W1ldBill W1ldBill is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Mess View Post
That's what I thought. I was going to forego the usual gripes and complaints since there are at least 10 threads with don't do this do that advice.

It's just my "New Year, new me" bullshit
So was the "sounds legit, good luck." Even genuine? Lol
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 29 December 2015, 23:06
MeatLasagna MeatLasagna is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 993
...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picard-facepalm.jpg (18.9 KB, 195 views)
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 29 December 2015, 23:08
W1ldBill W1ldBill is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 19
I'll take that as a yes and stfu.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 29 December 2015, 23:11
MeatLasagna MeatLasagna is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by W1ldBill View Post
...and stfu.
I believe you owe MakoZeroSix an answer first.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 29 December 2015, 23:31
W1ldBill W1ldBill is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
I don't even think they are that. I heard they just fuck with people about uniform violations while they're floating around inside the bowels of gigantic aircraft carriers or whatnot.

You know, fuck it OP- I've got a question for YOU. Will you guys take an SF Warrant Officer interservice transfer to come ride around on your ships? Do you even have warrants? I promise I'll teach you CQC if you let me in. I just want to be stationed at Ocrakoke, NC and not get bothered about if I had my flu shot on time yet like 20 times.

Look that shit up for me, and I'll give you more advice. We'll do a one for one swap.
I would have no idea how to answere the first question, but yes we have warrants and in the Coast Guard if you're not being harassed over flue shots it'll be computer based mandated training( and just when you think you have finished it all, it's already time to start it all over again). Sorry for the delayed response Sir.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Our new posting rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:12.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved
SOCNET