Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Old 21 June 2004, 11:57
Confirmed User

Anybody know this guy?

Please excuse my intrusion.....normally I just listen and learn.

Was curious if anyone has heard of this guy - Jeffrey Prather. Lists time with 7th group Special Forces in his profile.

Here is his link:

http://initiation.warriorschool.com/profiles.htm
Old 21 June 2004, 14:00
sanchezero
Visitor

Quote:
A US Martial Arts Hall of Fame member, he holds 13th-degree black belt, master rankings in Budo Taijutsu (Body Skills), and Shinken Gata (Real Combat), from Grandmaster Dr. Masaaki Hatsumi.
13th degree?!?!? Holy cow!

Old 21 June 2004, 16:57
Confirmed User

"Prather served on active duty with the 7th Special Forces as well as domestically and abroad as a federal Special Agent and national government Intelligence Officer. He is rescue team qualified, a Federal Firearms Instructor, Distinguished Pistol Expert, and a member of the International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors IALEF."

Never heard of him, but remember, we have thousands of cooks and clerks that "Have served with the 7th SFG(A)."

Most SF'ers would have said in their online bio that they served in SF as a "Special Forces soldier". Also, serving as an 18B or any 18 series carries much more weight than "rescue team qualified", (WTF is that anyway) "Federal Firearms instructor and "Pistol Expert."
If I had to place money on a bet I would wager all he was an intel type serving with the 7th Special Forces Group. After looking at his website I would say the closest he's been to a Green Beret was at the clothing sales store.

Teutates
Master Sergeant (18Z)
Special Forces
(retired)
Old 21 June 2004, 17:56
Authorized Personnel

I know nothing of Asian martial arts, but looking at that page I saw enough Lakotaish religious practices to dismiss it as a bunch of crap.
Old 21 June 2004, 18:03
On the Extract Bird

Hey bingo king, if it's such a big deal call him up and ask him for documentation. He said documentation available upon request. See if he is full of shit, or the real deal.
Old 22 June 2004, 00:00
Swimming Upstream

"Prather served on active duty with the 7th Special Forces as well as domestically and abroad as a federal Special Agent and national government Intelligence Officer"

Reads totally bogus. What is a domestically and abroad federal Special Agent? For which agency? And what is a national government I/O? Nonsense. If his bio was real, it would read like a real bio and not some conspiracy poser nonsense. If he was all that, then shame on him for not writing a better bio.
Old 22 June 2004, 01:14
Scotty's Mommy

Quote:
Originally posted by Teutates

Most SF'ers would have said in their online bio that they served in SF
Right. Most say in rather than with or even at as in "AT 7th Grp HQ." I don't know the guy but can ask around see if anyone ever worked with him.
Old 22 June 2004, 10:03

I've spent the last 15 years in and out of 7th SFG and have never heard of the gentleman.
Old 25 June 2004, 02:02
Confirmed User

I know next to nothing about the military, but his rankings from Hatsumi... E-Budo is down, so my connection with respected Bujinkan members is lost as well, and seeing I'm not a member of Bujinkan, I can't speak for myself. However, a 13th dan from Bujinkan very easy to find.

http://www.ninjutsu.com/abdrankinglist.shtml#DAN - A partial listing, his name isn't on there

http://www.jigokudojo.com/faqs.htm - basic rank structure of Bujinkan

I searched for his name on Google, the only websites that reference him are his own.
Old 25 June 2004, 02:16
Ranger002
Visitor

We used to share our Dojo with a Ninjutsu study group. One day the Head instructor was a Godan the next he was a 1st Kyu. It seems some of the Koryu schools are undergoing a major reorg to say the least. LOL If you look carefully at his list he promotes all his students and at the bottom of the Page there is a woman who is a 10th Dan in the art who's been with him LESS than TEN YEARS! Interesting.....

"Dan rankings" and "warriorship" mean nothing in the real world if you can't fight your way out of a wet paper bag.:D

William Hazen

Last edited by Ranger002; 25 June 2004 at 09:49.
Old 25 June 2004, 03:20
RangerRuss
Visitor

Quote:
Originally posted by RangerHazen
"Dan rankings" and "warriorship" mean nothing in the real world if you can't fight your way out of a wet paper bag.:D
William Hazen
Summed it up pretty nicely, Bill...
Old 25 June 2004, 10:02
Creepy ass cracka

Quote:
Originally posted by RangerHazen

William Hazen
Why is it that every 7th degree, ninja, blackbelt, kung fu, mother fucker I've ever gotten in a fight with ended up a bleeding mess quivering on the ground?

Oh yeh, that's right, I don't fight fair.

I practice the ancient art of the sucker punch.

Skill is great, but skill without intent is worthless.
Old 25 June 2004, 11:25
Ranger002
Visitor

Quote:
Originally posted by Matchanu
Why is it that every 7th degree, ninja, blackbelt, kung fu, mother fucker I've ever gotten in a fight with ended up a bleeding mess quivering on the ground?

Oh yeh, that's right, I don't fight fair.

I practice the ancient art of the sucker punch.

Skill is great, but skill without intent is worthless.
Amen LOL You will not know anything about my Martial Arts background until AFTER I sock you a few times. Nothing beats first "hand' experiance :D

William Hazen
Old 25 June 2004, 12:06
Authorized Personnel

Exclamation yikes!

Never mind the 10th Dan with only 10 years (hey, maybe she trained elsewhere before and her belt credits transfered). Whatever.

That whole thing just makes my skin crawl. Commericalizing social rites of passage he just made up! *shudder*

http://initiation.warriorschool.com/...initiation.htm
Old 25 June 2004, 13:35
BT,WBTWC

Mr. Prather

I sent Mr. Prather an invite to e-mail a scanned DD-214 to me.

Let's see if he replies.

Now taking bets on the results:

What's odds are you giving that:

1 - He makes no reply whatsoever, or;
2 - He replies with "I can't discuss my service record - classified you know, or;"
3 - He replies with "I'd love to, but my records burned up in the St. Louis fire, or;"
4 - He responds with information that he once was assigned within the shadow of a building located on Smoke Bomb Hill, or;
5 - He really is a tabbed SF officer or NCO, who was actually assigned to an SF group.
Old 25 June 2004, 13:38
Authorized Personnel

or....

6-- DD214? What's that?

I'll put beer on my guess.
Old 25 June 2004, 17:42
Confirmed User

The whole web site reads like a cult bible. I think they might all be drinking some Kool-Aid soon...
Old 26 June 2004, 00:39
NEW TO SOCNET

I knew him. He's the real deal. He could suck his cojones up into his abdomen. He was a Lt. when I knew him.

The US Constitution is not a suicide pact.

If you miss your ex frequently, consider better optics for your rifle.

"The baby will be slippery, if you drop it don't stare, PICK IT UP !!!" - OB/GYN Wisdom
Old 26 June 2004, 01:49
Ranger002
Visitor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sneaky SF Dude
I knew him. He's the real deal. He could suck his cojones up into his abdomen. He was a Lt. when I knew him.
This cojones trick.... is it a good thing or a bad thing.... and when did he turn Ninja? I thought Battboy from Hell was the only true Ninja (or maybe RSOV Ranger? )

William Hazen Not a Ninja
Old 26 June 2004, 01:52
NEW TO SOCNET

He did it supposedly to protect them from getting hit.

He was a ninja before he came in the Army I guess.

The US Constitution is not a suicide pact.

If you miss your ex frequently, consider better optics for your rifle.

"The baby will be slippery, if you drop it don't stare, PICK IT UP !!!" - OB/GYN Wisdom

Our new posting rules