SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Law Enforcement

Old 5 September 2019, 20:16
Mindset is Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatpaws View Post
Agree to disagree with you too I guess. There’s been videos posted of male cops getting slapped around and there’s been plenty of us who have called them out for lack of fitness, killer instinct, etc. Don’t understand why there’s a double standard in this case. Fact of the matter is, she was incapable of holding her own in that fight, lost her gun and fortunately her backup took care of business.

Sure, it happens. But it shouldn’t. Saying “it happens” is like telling someone we do something a shitty way “because we’ve always done it this way.” Maybe she’ll fix herself. I’m not going to hold my breath.
Well. I guess we will disagree then. Your logic is ridiculous, but hey, it's your opinion. I guess you have never seen men knocked unconscious and had their weapons taken, etc. But they just can't hack it. After all, we know cops are supermen and never get their butts handed to them. I wish I would have known them.
Old 5 September 2019, 20:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
Well. I guess we will disagree then. Your logic is ridiculous, but hey, it's your opinion. I guess you have never seen men knocked unconscious and had their weapons taken, etc. But they just can't hack it. After all, we know cops are supermen and never get their butts handed to them. I wish I would have known them.
Ridiculous logic? Let’s compare apples to apples. She WASN’T unconscious when her gun was taken. And no, cops aren’t supermen, but we are expected to maintain control of our weapons.
Old 5 September 2019, 20:24
Mindset is Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatpaws View Post
Ridiculous logic? Let’s compare apples to apples. She WASN’T unconscious when her gun was taken. And no, cops aren’t supermen, but we are expected to maintain control of our weapons.
You win, Bro! You are a tough guy...I get it. We can now carry on and disagree....
Old 5 September 2019, 20:27

Quote:
You win, Bro! You are a tough guy...I get it. We can now carry on and disagree....
Not me! I know a few tough guys though
Old 5 September 2019, 20:59
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by litepath View Post
She might be what you say for all I know.
And while you condemn her, she also showed up & took it on the chin.
She arrived alone and faced the perp alone. Which puts her in good company.
I agree 100%. I'll also had the time tested caveat that know one here knows her.

I will also state from personal observation that a lot of cops, some I consider friends, think the uniform and badge is enough to protect them. In many cases it is. In some it is not.
Old 5 September 2019, 21:31
Did...did I do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino0311 View Post
Who actually says that?

This guy was the original "Only Ones."
Old 5 September 2019, 23:10
Custom User Title

Without even clicking I know that's the DEA agent.
Old 5 September 2019, 23:22
Legal Immigrant

Quote:
I know men that have lost their weapon and it had nothing to do with their not being able to handle themselves. It happens. Period.
Thank you for saying this.

It's not a gender issue. It's a TRAINING and MINDSET issue.

Age, gender, religion, nationality, are all irrelevant if you have the right/wrong training and mindset.
Old 6 September 2019, 00:34
Never to old to learn

Question it showed or talked about her firing shot in the air! Was she trying to shoot the individual when she had her weapon taken away?
Old 6 September 2019, 11:24
Clorox bearer for SOTB

As a police officer, certain things are required of you in order to properly perform your job. I've seen more males on the job who don't have the required things.

I guess, as far as the running away part... she pretty much had two options at that point in time. Either she could have stood there, and got shot, or utilized run-fu.

I've taken many firearm retention classes. Some people are not as skilled in it as others, and some not as strong as others. I've also been in a class where I had to resist being handcuffed, as training. I'm bigger than your average bear, and the class started with first one, then two, then three... and the instructor kept sending guys in to help in trying to handcuff me. It took six. When someone doesn't want to comply, or be handcuffed, or wants to take someone else's gun away, it can happen. Even if that gun is still in the holster.

Did she make some mistakes? Perhaps. We all make mistakes. This, like so many other videos of this nature, will be a training film, and might help someone in the future.

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Old 6 September 2019, 11:33
Mindset is Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by grog18b View Post
As a police officer, certain things are required of you in order to properly perform your job. I've seen more males on the job who don't have the required things.

I guess, as far as the running away part... she pretty much had two options at that point in time. Either she could have stood there, and got shot, or utilized run-fu.

I've taken many firearm retention classes. Some people are not as skilled in it as others, and some not as strong as others. I've also been in a class where I had to resist being handcuffed, as training. I'm bigger than your average bear, and the class started with first one, then two, then three... and the instructor kept sending guys in to help in trying to handcuff me. It took six. When someone doesn't want to comply, or be handcuffed, or wants to take someone else's gun away, it can happen. Even if that gun is still in the holster.

Did she make some mistakes? Perhaps. We all make mistakes. This, like so many other videos of this nature, will be a training film, and might help someone in the future.
Very well said, indeed!
Old 6 September 2019, 12:44
Custom User Title

I work with a young female officer who spends a lot of time in the gym, and on Instagram. She's an excellent cop, jumps right into fights, first out on chases etc etc. I'd work with her anytime. She's physically smaller than most men but works a lot harder than the majority of guys.
Old 6 September 2019, 14:37
Been There Done That

Quote:
I work with a young female officer who spends a lot of time in the gym, and on Instagram. She's an excellent cop, jumps right into fights, first out on chases etc etc. I'd work with her anytime. She's physically smaller than most men but works a lot harder than the majority of guys.
Is she hot?
Old 6 September 2019, 15:50
Clorox bearer for SOTB

Yeah, that response is nothing without photographic evidence.

Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Old 6 September 2019, 16:07
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Is she hot?
I'm a married man gents.
Old 6 September 2019, 22:55
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofear View Post

Age, gender, religion, nationality, are all irrelevant if you have the right/wrong training and mindset.

I guess I will have to disagree somewhat. When you are in a fight for your life, age and gender most certainly matter. Training and mindset are both important but they certainly don't make physical traits irrelevant. To say otherwise is disingenuous. This is kind of like the women in SOF argument. Yes there are some female exceptions to the rule but in general a moderately trained 200lb dude is going to come out better in a ground fight than a well trained 110lb female against a typical male opponent on the street. And I'm not talking about wearing a red man suit, I mean when it's for real and it's time to start ripping ears off with your teeth. There are certainly women who can do police work and do it well. The one in that video is not one of them in my opinion and based on more than just that video. She is lucky to be alive.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 7 September 2019, 10:40
Reverse Apache Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofear View Post

Gonna have to disagree. She had the problem of being both physically incapable and having what was previously described as "Barbie cop" mindset.

Her Instagram followers didn't save her ass. Actual cops did. She would do well to remember that, and decide which she's going to be (cop or a "look-at-me"), then realign her priorities accordingly.

Giving the enemy a boner is half the battle. --Jungle Recon
Old 7 September 2019, 12:03
Clorox bearer for SOTB

To add to what I said above...

It's all about capabilities and mental preparedness. You can be the strongest officer out there, and have all the best training in the world, but if you are mentally not prepared, you won't be able to perform as needed, when needed.

Our profession suffers when you lower physical and mental standards in order to be "fair" or allow a human to serve in a profession that they are physically or mentally incapable of performing. We here all have seen the results of lowered standards. It makes the people who ARE making the standards pull more weight to make up for those who are not. This causes resentment and creates dangerous conditions, like the one in this video.

Hopefully, she will be intelligent enough to realize that perhaps this is not the line of work she is best suited for. Hopefully. I doubt it, but, hey, sometimes people do have a "come to Jesus" moment. Perhaps a bullet flying by her grape from her own gun might do it.

This is this is the result of lowered, or no standards, and no common sense in the hiring procedure. It didn't used to be this way. In my academy class, there was one female cadet who aced every written test. She couldn't run the obstacle course in the required time. She couldn't remove a 150lb dummy from a car and drag it 100 feet, which was a condition of the final test. They kept her an extra week after our class graduated to give her every chance to pass. She was physically incapable of doing those tasks. She was not hired.

Lowering standards, which are there for a reason... here is video of the results of being politically correct or "fair" in a job that requires common sense.

If you can do the job, and meet the standards, IDGAF what or who you are. If you can't, find other work.

Quote:
"The Reaper"
Old 7 September 2019, 13:32
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

Quote:
I'm a married man gents.
We're not asking for you....

"Let us return to old times and that will be progress." - Verdi
Old 7 September 2019, 16:41
Road Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
I guess I will have to disagree somewhat. When you are in a fight for your life, age and gender most certainly matter. Training and mindset are both important but they certainly don't make physical traits irrelevant. To say otherwise is disingenuous. This is kind of like the women in SOF argument. Yes there are some female exceptions to the rule but in general a moderately trained 200lb dude is going to come out better in a ground fight than a well trained 110lb female against a typical male opponent on the street. And I'm not talking about wearing a red man suit, I mean when it's for real and it's time to start ripping ears off with your teeth. There are certainly women who can do police work and do it well. The one in that video is not one of them in my opinion and based on more than just that video. She is lucky to be alive.
This.

Mindset and prep are great but can’t overcome everything. We had some dudes take on a meth head a few weeks ago and it was bad for all involved. Shithead took a lot of damage. He would have killed or been killed if it were him vs a single officer.

Old dudes who were good/capable when they were young are usually pretty good because they were self aware enough to realize they can’t go ten rounds with shit heads and go 0 to high order quicker than shithead.

Everyone loves Rudy but he still got his shit kicked everyday.

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO

Our new posting rules