SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Post Exchange

Old 17 March 2020, 10:18
Involuntary Yoga Guy

FREE: BJJ Solo Drills by John Danaher

All:
If this is inappropriate, please delete.

If youíre a BJJ/MMA type, then you probably know John Danaher. If you donít, get that way.

BJJ Fanatics is offering a legit, free BJJ Solo training instructional for people into BJJ but cannot get to their gyms. Danahers other videoís sell for $200. I know, and have shot several vids for BJJ Fanatics (Iím one of their bloggers), and can tell you that this video would be worth paying for.

However, Mr. Danaher has opted to offer up some of his amaze balls knowledge in light of the craziness weíre seeing so that people can stay active and train.

Quite literally free:
https://bjjfanatics.com/products/sel...ogIlBWZGVadSJ9

"Let's make this weird", ~Mike2CW
Old 17 March 2020, 15:03
Conformed User

Bernardo Faria is also offering one of his excellent programs free on the same site. Code is Fariafree for $77 off (the cost of one of his series).

I like his pressure passing series, but I wear an A3H Gi....
Old 17 March 2020, 15:28
Involuntary Yoga Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketKings View Post
Bernardo Faria is also offering one of his excellent programs free on the same site. Code is Fariafree for $77 off (the cost of one of his series).

I like his pressure passing series, but I wear an A3H Gi....
LOL! Wait... An A3Hír could really apply some pressure... or pop like a cork... Hmmm....

Nice call on that. it is an awesome series, and Iím surprised he made it free! Heís a good dude like that though.

Old 17 March 2020, 17:44
Been There Done That

yea there are a bunch of freebies popping up my gym been passing links. I can't get to them all until the weekend but I know these two posted were on there. Man I am a little jealous of the free time people are getting I am actually unable to stop working so much is piling up. rawr
Old 17 March 2020, 17:49
Custom User Title

Leg locks for everybody!!!
Old 17 March 2020, 18:10
Involuntary Yoga Guy

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 74DD3F38-ECE4-4FE4-B3DE-13AF5410170D.jpg (40.0 KB, 147 views)

Old 20 March 2020, 12:18
Chuck Norris Approved

Quote:
Originally Posted by chokeu2 View Post
All:
If this is inappropriate, please delete.

If youíre a BJJ/MMA type, then you probably know John Danaher. If you donít, get that way.

BJJ Fanatics is offering a legit, free BJJ Solo training instructional for people into BJJ but cannot get to their gyms. Danahers other videoís sell for $200. I know, and have shot several vids for BJJ Fanatics (Iím one of their bloggers), and can tell you that this video would be worth paying for.

However, Mr. Danaher has opted to offer up some of his amaze balls knowledge in light of the craziness weíre seeing so that people can stay active and train.

Quite literally free:
https://bjjfanatics.com/products/sel...ogIlBWZGVadSJ9
Thank you for sharing this link. I just got involved in BJJ after going to the Gracie Survival Tactics Level 1 and 2 instructor course in Dec of 19 and this March. We actually just finished the GST LV II after the shut down of our academy due to COVID-19. I did not go so much to teach it as I did to learn the techniques as I have always had a little fear of fighting off my back/ground during a violent confrontation. Anyways, lets just say I got hooked on it and found a legit and reputable gym to train at. Like everyone else, we are shut down and I have been looking for things to do.
Old 20 March 2020, 13:30
Involuntary Yoga Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymrat8541 View Post
Thank you for sharing this link. I just got involved in BJJ after going to the Gracie Survival Tactics Level 1 and 2 instructor course in Dec of 19 and this March. We actually just finished the GST LV II after the shut down of our academy due to COVID-19. I did not go so much to teach it as I did to learn the techniques as I have always had a little fear of fighting off my back/ground during a violent confrontation. Anyways, lets just say I got hooked on it and found a legit and reputable gym to train at. Like everyone else, we are shut down and I have been looking for things to do.
Drop me a PM... I have something that will upset your training partners when you all reconvene... :-)

Old 20 March 2020, 14:31
Confirmed User

Faria is also offering free vids at judofanatics and wrestling fanatics as well. Today, is 42% off every video. All videos I've purchased have been excellent.

The Danaher stuff is on a completely different level, really great information. I need a training partner like Gordon Ryan's.

We started filming our training sessions and it's been an eye opener. I've learned and more importantly retained more the past few months than the last couple of years combined. We've gone completely away from the "learn this technique, drill it, then roll" practice.

Now we chain together a series of techniques-say side control, then x, y or z, while adding in defense. Next positional drilling at maybe 50% of max. Watching the film is a great benefit. As one guy said, every sport on the planet watches tape to review , why aren't we filming this?
Old 20 March 2020, 15:31
Involuntary Yoga Guy

You’re right about that Danaher material. At the risk of sounding like virtue signaling, I’ll say this. I was there for a few of the fillings for his videos, and it was very surreal at how he explained this stuff. Total freaking Jedi. What’s he, a PhD in philosophy is something like that? Pretty sure that’s the case, and it totally shows in how he structures what he’s got to say, and then how he drills down.

That said, in his video’s, it’s legitimately like you’re there hearing it from him directly. The exception being that you’re not working with Gordon Ryan. :-) (BTW: Ryan’s videos, every bit as good as Danaher’s, and less pricey)

Oh... Travis Stevens stuff.... Mmmmaannn.... especially the grip stuff. Game changer.

You’ll appreciate this. I was up there once during a shooting (it’s in the owners basement for many of the vids: amazing home mate space no?) and Travis was prepping for a main event submission match. So I got to watch he and Faria GO AT IT for a couple hours. Now, that I wish I could have filmed. Steven’s BJJ is scary smash mouth stuff, but basic.

I’ll shut up...

Old 22 March 2020, 03:16
Been There Done That

This is great. Thanks for posting it!

Caio Terra opened up his online academy for free as well, if you're interested.
Old 22 March 2020, 13:26
Confirmed User

Stevens is just a stud. I went to a seminar of his and was blown away. Watching him and BF roll would have been a real privilege.

I guess we could move this to the h2h forum. Be nice to have some current threads.
Old 22 March 2020, 17:17
Involuntary Yoga Guy

True that! If a mod sees fit, by all means to H2H.

Lab man, I owe you a link. On it

Old 26 March 2020, 12:41
Confirmed User

bjj fanatics, 42% off sale ends tomorrow, fyi

Our new posting rules