SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 25 July 2019, 09:09
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip View Post
Anyone know anything about Andrew Yang?

He did a Reddit AMA yesterday that I ran across. He's apparently running on a platform of UBI, calling it the Freedom Dividend, and Medicare for all.

Link to 'Gun Safety' policy

Tl;dr - 3 "tiers", tier 1 is basic hunting rifles/handguns, pass a background check/hunter safety course, and proof of ownership of gun safe/trigger locks for all guns and you're good, tier 2 is semi-auto rifles, have a tier 1 license for a year, and be 21, pass an advanced firearm safety course, tier 3 is advanced and automatic weaponry, submission of prints/DNA to FBI, allow inspection of gun safe, yearly refresher training.

Prohibit the manufacture and sale of bump stocks, suppressors, incendiary/exploding ammunition, and (yes, this is currently legal) grenade launcher attachments.

among a couple other dumb ideas.
He's a nice guy who will have a conversation with anyone on the political spectrum.

His policies wouldn't go anywhere nor would they be sustainable.

-Michael Malice
Old 25 July 2019, 11:28
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
He's a nice guy who will have a conversation with anyone on the political spectrum.

His policies wouldn't go anywhere nor would they be sustainable.
He sounds like someone running for a minor cabinet position in the next Democratic administration.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 25 July 2019, 13:37
Been There Done That

Quote:

He did a Reddit AMA yesterday that I ran across. He's apparently running on a platform of UBI, calling it the Freedom Dividend, and Medicare for all.

Tl;dr - 3 "tiers", tier 1 is basic hunting rifles/handguns, pass a background check/hunter safety course, and proof of ownership of gun safe/trigger locks for all guns and you're good, tier 2 is semi-auto rifles, have a tier 1 license for a year, and be 21, pass an advanced firearm safety course, tier 3 is advanced and automatic weaponry, submission of prints/DNA to FBI, allow inspection of gun safe, yearly refresher training.

Prohibit the manufacture and sale of bump stocks, suppressors, incendiary/exploding ammunition, and (yes, this is currently legal) grenade launcher attachments.

Proof of safe - ends up being home inspections like in the UK. And proof = equals registration.

Training course? Who pays, what if cannot afford, who qualifies who, etc
Old 25 July 2019, 18:02
giving you a number

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post
Gives him time to think about his answer...
I just finished an oral presentation for a contract bid. There's a Q&A session that's part of the process, comes shortly after you present your strategy.

Advice from the orals coach - always ask them to repeat or rephrase the question.
Old 25 July 2019, 18:04
giving you a number

Quote:

He's the $1K per month for everyone guy.

I've responded to some of his tweets that he should take a look at why the military changed the 20 yr/half pay retirement. Might be instructive.
Old 27 July 2019, 10:02
BTDT

Quote:

Any gun law is an infringement - so fuck him. Since we have shit fathers now a days - I think Jefferson would be ok with a minimum age - same as the age to go get sent to die by your country.

Definition of insanity: Letting the government dictate what the Amendment designed to control the government - means.

WHO lauds lockdown-ignoring Sweden as a ‘model’ for countries going forward.

By Jackie Salo, NY Post

April 29, 2020 | 3:24pm

Next...

Old 27 July 2019, 10:13
Long in tooth and soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
Any gun law is an infringement - so fuck him. Since we have shit fathers now a days - I think Jefferson would be ok with a minimum age - same as the age to go get sent to die by your country.

Definition of insanity: Letting the government dictate what the Amendment designed to control the government - means.
Spot on Polypro

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

“A little science estranges one from God. A lot of science brings one back.” -Francis Bacon
Old 27 July 2019, 13:08
Been There Done That

Threatcon still 0.
Old 27 July 2019, 15:46
Back on The Farm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
I am stealing this!

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet." Gen. Mattis

"Definition of insanity: Letting the government dictate what the Amendment designed to control the government - means." - Polypro

"The rules only apply when something is going wrong." -Me

"When are you gonna come down?
When are you going to land?
I should have stayed on the farm
I should have listened to my old man" Elton John
Old 29 July 2019, 10:19
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberChick View Post
I am stealing this!
Go for it, logic pisses people off.

WHO lauds lockdown-ignoring Sweden as a ‘model’ for countries going forward.

By Jackie Salo, NY Post

April 29, 2020 | 3:24pm

Next...

Old 30 July 2019, 19:24
Confirmed User

Tulsi Gabbard is suing google for election interference. After the first debate, she was the most searched candidate on google, so they respond by suspending her ads account. Apparently, she’s not the anointed one. I remember how people mocked Trump when he said FB, google and Twitter were doing these kinds of things.

“Leadership is pissing people off at a rate they can absorb.” - Shane Ray
Old 30 July 2019, 20:34
Been There Done That

They shape who the contenders are. Just like for Republicans in 2016, Jindal and Paul were hardly given any coverage.
Old 30 July 2019, 21:33
Administrator

Neither of those clowns rated it.
Old 30 July 2019, 22:58
killjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeDave View Post
I remember how people mocked Trump when he said FB, google and Twitter were doing these kinds of things.
Analysis done on the power of their influence puts 2.4 million votes as the "rock bottom" figure of a potential 15 million votes swayed from the 50/50 group as pushed to a 90/10 split. This comes from the mouth of a man who personally is a democrat and favored Hillary.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=0kGf_1563943966
Old 30 July 2019, 23:16
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeDave View Post
Tulsi Gabbard is suing google
That's like tugging on Superman's cape, spitting into the wind, or pulling the mask off the Lone Ranger.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 30 July 2019, 23:55
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Look. Don'tTouch. View Post
Analysis done on the power of their influence puts 2.4 million votes as the "rock bottom" figure of a potential 15 million votes swayed from the 50/50 group as pushed to a 90/10 split. This comes from the mouth of a man who personally is a democrat and favored Hillary.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=0kGf_1563943966
Yeah, I saw that last week. Staggering

“Leadership is pissing people off at a rate they can absorb.” - Shane Ray
Old 31 July 2019, 08:28
Confirmed User

If this thread is for last night's debate...

Early this year I had a hunch that Elizabeth Warren wasn't running for President, but instead simply running against Bernie for the benefit of splitting the far left vote. As things play out I still hold that view. Except, now I'm not so sure she won't end up winning the primary.

Someone else pointed this out about the debates last night:

"This debate was about the moderates with no chance of winning telling the radicals with a good chance of winning that their policies won't work."

-Michael Malice

Last edited by Steve83; 31 July 2019 at 08:55. Reason: Syntax and grammar
Old 31 July 2019, 09:25
On the Extract Bird

Quote:

Early this year I had a hunch that Elizabeth Warren wasn't running for President, but instead simply running against Bernie for the benefit of splitting the far left vote. As things play out I still hold that view. Except, now I'm not so sure she won't end up winning the primary.

"This debate was about the moderates with no chance of winning telling the radicals with a good chance of winning that their policies won't work."
All those moderates accomplished was giving POTUS sound bites to use against the radical left.
Old 31 July 2019, 09:33
Been There Done That

But of course:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...-christian.amp

No basic understanding of economics. I could give a lot of other verses Buttigieg should be following.
Old 31 July 2019, 09:34
I reckon so. . .

Quote:

The below included poll I posted from several pages back would disagree that *they* have any chance of winning. They maybe can keep their constituent base in their district, but that about as far as the road goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by litepath View Post
This anonymous poll shared with Axios says the same thing. . . .LINK

ETA: this is a poll being shared about by the Dems on their needed swing voters, and it ain't looking so hot for the *squad*.

*Victims* Hate Winners.
Closed Thread

Our new posting rules