SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 7 October 2019, 13:14
BTDT

I supposes there is also scenario in 2020 where, after a grueling campaign of mudslinging, toxic tweets, and a full media onslaught, President Trump wins by a YUGE margin both in the electoral college AND the popular vote - proving our democracy is alive and well.
...except for the same traitorous democrats that ALWAYS refuse to accept election results when the winner isnt a democrat.

Why does the current POTUS have to lose by a narrow margin to prove our democracy is working?
Does any other outcome somehow infer that things are NOT alive and well?

If we are going to agree that President Trumps election served as a wake-up call to the governing elite that they need to fix this system, then I think we should also agree that two things are at issue:
-The supposed wake up call didnt work
-The governing elite have not "fixed" anything yet

If anything, the ruling elite have doubled down on every single bit of bullshit they have been feeding us for the last 50 years.
I also doubt that there is any desire whatsoever on the governing class to "fix" anything.
The system was functioning exactly the way they wanted it to function.
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 7 October 2019, 13:17
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Welshan View Post
. I still think President Trumps election served as a wake-up call to the governing elite that they need to fix this system before the people screw it up again.
LMAO, “you been freeze dried or doing hard time?” As the bigger and more evasive the .gov comes the less the “people” will be able to do anything about it. The “political elite” are fucking laughing at us right now...
Old 7 October 2019, 14:06

Quote:
Regardless of how many people actually voted for him. Or have I become so jaded with the political process that I refuse to believe it still works. I still think President Trumps election served as a wake-up call to the governing elite that they need to fix this system before the people screw it up again.
I'm not a tech guy or a tin-foil hat guy, but I wonder how hard it really would be to move a vote count now that so many places use electronic voting machines. No more boxes of ballots and hanging chads....just an electronic record. I hope its hard to do. If not, the voters and candidates can do as they like because the future will already be known by those governing elites.
Old 7 October 2019, 14:12
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Walk View Post
... candidates can do as they like because the future will already be known by those governing elites.
#alreadythere

POTUS is just breathing space - take a BIG gulp of air now, we'll all be bobbing soon enough...
Old 7 October 2019, 14:20
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
Why does the current POTUS have to lose by a narrow margin to prove our democracy is working?
It has to be a narrow margin for the illusion that we still have a democracy to work.
RIP 4-79 (HG)
class 4-80
Old 7 October 2019, 14:59
BTDT

I think if it's a narrow victory either way, the losing side will contest it. Both legally and otherwise. The losing side will be determined the other side somehow stole the election, outsiders interfered for the other side, and the victory is illegitimate.
Old 7 October 2019, 15:00
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila175 View Post
I think if it's a narrow victory either way, the losing side will contest it. Both legally and otherwise. The losing side will be determined the other side somehow stole the election, outsiders interfered for the other side, and the victory is illegitimate.
In other words you think it will look just like the results of the 2016 election....
Old 7 October 2019, 16:43
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstshirt View Post
In other words you think it will look just like the results of the 2016 election....
Actually, regardless of who wins, I think that's a best case scenario at this point. There is great potential for the supporters of whomever loses to decide that they have been cheated so badly that the status quo must go immediately. Violence would provoke police reaction which (real or manufactured) would be perceived as over-reaction, and things could spin rapidly out of control.

I think that is more likely if the Democrats lose simply as a matter of demographics. Their base of power is the cities, where higher population densities make it easier to rapidly form an angry mob. Their voters are more likely to be younger (typically more emotional and less logical), poorer (not much to lose), unmarried (no other responsibilities to live up to), and less religious (less chance of those pesky unchangeable morals getting in the way of a good riot).

Because those city dwellers (especially in the northeast and on the west coast) are less likely to be effectively armed, I don't think a full-blown revolution would start, but instead an intensification of interest in state nullification of federal laws (including states refusing to accept Trump as POTUS, refusing to pay federal income tax while he is in office, etc.). Federal crackdowns would provoke secession movements (especially on the west coast, and especially if Trump were replaced by Pence, who would be unlikely to continue ignoring the state nullification of drug laws).

As bad as all that may be, I don't think it holds a candle to the chaos that could result if Trump is defeated in a race with obvious shenanigans and he refuses to accept the results of the election. His supporters - and, more importantly, those of assorted political stripes who don't want what the Democrats are selling or who don't want our Constitution cast aside - are well armed and make up a pretty large contingent of our military and police. Quite a lot of them took an oath to defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, which may not be the same thing as following orders.

If Trump is re-elected and the after-effects are no worse than they have been for the last few years, we will have dodged a bullet and/or postponed the deluge. Any other result works out very badly for all of us sooner. The only real difference will be how much sooner.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 7 October 2019, 17:03
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Does anyone else see the scenario in 2020 where, after a grueling campaign of mudslinging, toxic tweets, and a full media onslaught, President Trump looses by the narrowest of margins, proving our democracy is alive and well.
Regardless of how many people actually voted for him. Or have I become so jaded with the political process that I refuse to believe it still works. I still think President Trumps election served as a wake-up call to the governing elite that they need to fix this system before the people screw it up again.
I think the fact that he won in 2016 proves that our constitutional republic is "alive and well".

I dont think the governing elite have any interest in fixing the system except to make sure that no one like Trump ever gets elected again. When we have two institutional candidates, there's only a best bad choice option.

Maybe I dont understand your post.
Old 7 October 2019, 17:30
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post
I think the fact that he won in 2016 proves that our constitutional republic is "alive and well".

I dont think the governing elite have any interest in fixing the system except to make sure that no one like Trump ever gets elected again. When we have two institutional candidates, there's only a best bad choice option.

Maybe I dont understand your post.
I think that it is possible that the Government Class (Bush's title, not mine) will institute safeguards to insure that the voters desires can be overridden if necessary.

I feel that the professional politicians in the two parties are not that far removed from each other in core platform. (power, control, accumulate personal wealth)

Point 1. If they start accusing the other side (D or R) of doing something it is pretty much a guarantee that they themselves are doing it. (all the cries of election tampering following 2016)

Point 2. I have seen online research stating that all national elections are decided by a few select counties in a few swing states.

Is it far-fetched to believe that following 2016 much research has gone into how (legally or illegally) results could be skewed in these counties in favor of an establishment candidate (either party) versus an outsider (businessman, populist etc.)
RIP 4-79 (HG)
class 4-80
Old 8 October 2019, 06:30

As this "whistleblower" angle continues it seems more likely that this person may just be Christine Blasey Ford.
Old 8 October 2019, 23:04
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
I think that it is possible that the Government Class (Bush's title, not mine) will institute safeguards to insure that the voters desires can be overridden if necessary.

I feel that the professional politicians in the two parties are not that far removed from each other in core platform. (power, control, accumulate personal wealth)

Point 1. If they start accusing the other side (D or R) of doing something it is pretty much a guarantee that they themselves are doing it. (all the cries of election tampering following 2016)

Point 2. I have seen online research stating that all national elections are decided by a few select counties in a few swing states.

Is it far-fetched to believe that following 2016 much research has gone into how (legally or illegally) results could be skewed in these counties in favor of an establishment candidate (either party) versus an outsider (businessman, populist etc.)
Ahh. Now I'm tracking. I agree with you. The lawyers (the real poison in this country) would love to find a way to box out the common man.
Old 9 October 2019, 05:26
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by currahee3-4 View Post
As this "whistleblower" angle continues it seems more likely that this person may just be Christine Blasey Ford.
I find it scary and absolutely hilarious that the Dems stated they wanted to keep the names of the whistle blowers secret even from the Republicans on the House Intell (IIRC) . We know one of them is a democrat. Nothing to see here...Football is on.

America...a country founded by geniuses but managed by idiots
Old 9 October 2019, 09:22
Confirmed User

https://www.foxnews.com/media/john-s...ctual-timeline

Well seems the investigation in the Biden's was reopened months before the President made the whistle blower call. That is a huge timeline issue to press impeachment IMO. Also anyone have any confirmed sources that the whistle blower is a Dem that was either sleeping with or involved with a current Dem presidential candidate. I will assume for now its not Biden.
Old 9 October 2019, 10:59
Confirmed User

Won’t matter to the libs and fascists and besides- they’ve already planned for this.

As with the failed “collusion” investigation, there had already been a pivot (double pivot this time) away from the initial stated reason for the inquiry (blackmail, followed by a campaign finance violation and foreign involvement in an election) to the fallback position: obstruction.

Dems are now threatening that whatever the result of the “investigation,” any refusal by the President to comply will be seen as obstruction and thus impeachable.

Nevermind the outright lies by dem chairs or blatant disregard for established rule of law...fling shit at a blanket and see what sticks.
Old 11 October 2019, 03:48
Been There Done That

Getting crazy in Minneapolis at Trump rally:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...maga-hats-fire

More of the “tolerant” left.
Old 11 October 2019, 05:34
been ***** **** that

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Getting crazy in Minneapolis at Trump rally:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...maga-hats-fire

More of the “tolerant” left.
All we are sayyyyying.....is give peace a chance.....
Old 11 October 2019, 06:24
On the Extract Bird

There are sightings of someone looking like that Talib (sp) MN congresswomen strolling through the antifa crowd. No one can confirm due to facemask but the eye box features look eerily similar.
Old 12 October 2019, 12:02
Old Scroll

IMO the DNC's nominee will be, without a doubt, Warren. She will choose Castro as her running mate.

I really don't think they are much of a threat to the POTUS reelection campaign. Also, I think that they will loose by a terrific margin.

I was sort of hoping that President Trump would thank Mike Pence for his service as VP, and have Nikki Haley as his new running mate. That, IMO, would bring even more mojo to his campaign, if such a thing were possible. After a term as VP she would then be the logical RNC nominee for POTUS in '24.

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"
Melville / Captain Ahab
Old 12 October 2019, 12:09
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by B 2/75 View Post
IMO the DNC's nominee will be, without a doubt, Warren. She will choose Castro as her running mate.

I really don't think they are much of a threat to the POTUS reelection campaign. Also, I think that they will loose by a terrific margin.

I was sort of hoping that President Trump would thank Mike Pence for his service as VP, and have Nikki Haley as his new running mate. That, IMO, would bring even more mojo to his campaign, if such a thing were possible. After a term as VP she would then be the logical RNC nominee for POTUS in '24.
Perhaps the RNC will negotiate that? Never mind...

Our new posting rules