SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 14 April 2018, 19:48
Authorized Personnel

College Football 2018

Well... itís that time again. Sitting inside Doak Campbell Stadium looking down at Bobby Bowden Field watching the annual Garnet and Gold Spring Game. Over 60,000 folks showed up today to watch the Seminoles play. Itís halftime and the alumni are playing flag football now. Iíve had an easier time getting inside the stadium for a game against the U or UF.

Miss the days when they would just open up the stadium, not sell tickets, and you could walk in and sit down look to your right and realize your sitting next to former QBs Casey Weldon and Brad Johnson. Now itís a big show and fans are packed in and want to watch Coach Taggart and the team... Willie Willie... Go Noles!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Been around the world and found
That only stupid people are breeding
The cretins cloning and feeding
And I don't even own a tv

Last edited by CTA; 14 April 2018 at 19:54.
Old 14 April 2018, 20:36
Moving Target

cool
Old 14 April 2018, 20:41
RIP Cass and SOTB

Big QB battle going on at Clemson. Kelly Bryant is the returning starter, but Trevor Lawrence played circles around him today. Lawrence is tremendously talented. But, we wont know for sure until he plays a game against real competition and is able to get hit.

Go Tigers!

Last edited by UGA_11B; 14 April 2018 at 20:41. Reason: Spelling
Old 15 April 2018, 11:38
Authorized Personnel

Hereís Vegas odds for 78 college teams to win the National Championship in 2018:

Alabama: 5/2
Clemson: 6/1
Georgia, Ohio State: 8/1
Michigan: 10/1
Penn State: 12/1
Oklahoma: 18/1
Auburn, Miami, Michigan State, Texas, Wisconsin: 25/1
LSU, Washington: 30/1
Florida State, Notre Dame, Stanford, USC, Virginia Tech, West Virginia: 40/1
Texas A&M: 50/1
Florida, Oregon, TCU: 60/1
Arizona, Boise State, Kansas State, Mississippi State, Missouri, NC State, Oklahoma State, UCLA, Utah, Wake Forest: 100/1
Iowa, Iowa State, Louisville, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern, Purdue, South Carolina, UCF, Washington State: 200/1
Colorado, Memphis, Syracuse: 300/1
Arkansas, Arizona State, Baylor, Boston College, BYU, Cal, Colorado State, Duke, FAU, Georgia Tech, Houston, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, Ole Miss, Pitt, San Diego State, Tennessee, Texas Tech, USF, Vanderbilt, Virginia: 500/1
Fresno State, Kansas, Illinois, Oregon State, Rutgers: 1000/1
Appalachian State, Nevada, UNLV: 9999/1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 16 April 2018, 18:30
Life is simple, not easy.

Ohio State Buckeyes will win the NC this year.
Old 16 April 2018, 19:31
RIP Cass and SOTB

^ not if they see Georgia, Clemson, or Alabama in the playoffs.

I don't see Oklahoma doing very well this year. I think Auburn will be a team to watch. I think the SEC East will be weak, with Georgia leading the pack. I see Clemson and maybe Miami as the top two ACC teams. But I will leave it at that until conference play starts.
Old 16 April 2018, 23:02
Authorized Personnel

Coach Taggart has done some things already that I like. For the Garnet and Gold Spring Game, the winners got steak and the losers got hotdogs. Plus, the losers had to serve. Mandated no one on the team got a single digit number on their jersey either. That meant 9 players lost their old number. If they had one, it has to be earned back, which is what he did at Oregon.

At the end of the spring game, he walked around the entire field slapping and shaking the fans hands. Plus, a lot of alumni players have been heading into town to support the team - great alumni turnout for the game. Coach Bowden and Andrews were there too. A lot of positive vibes in Tally now after last year. No telling how we will do although I’m cautiously optimistic... Willie Willie and go Noles.

Tend to agree with Vegas... probably going to see Bama, Clemson, Oklahoma and Georgia in the hunt again with Michigan and some other odd favorites mixed in.

Last edited by CTA; 16 April 2018 at 23:16.
Old 18 April 2018, 10:51
Been There Done That

The Hokies are young on both sides of the ball this year. I predict another 8-9 win season again this year, we're definitely trending upward, just going to take another year or two before we're competing for ACCCG again.
Old 18 April 2018, 11:20
33,024 - R.I.P.

It will be interesting to see UGA without Nick Chubb or Sony Michel. Jake Fromm wasn't a stellar QB by any means (throwing), but managed to do well enough as a Freshman to make it to the National Championship (I still contend that 'Bama did not belong there). Although he still was a better performer than Jacob Eason, it was the running game that fueled Georgia's game.
Old 18 April 2018, 12:21
shiver me timbers

I’d like to go to my first bowl game this season. Fingers crossed.
Old 18 April 2018, 14:06

Old Slick Willie Taggart. Now that’s a name I wish I never knew. I’ve been a lifelong Oregon fan and I’ve never seen anything like his exit from the school. He straight up lied to an entire fan base, coaches, players, parents, and recruits by saying he had no intentions of leaving and was not in any way shape or form in communications with FSU. That being said he’s an interesting figure. He can motivate and recruit with the best of them however his coaching skills are questionable. Oregon played absolutely terrible in the second half of the majority 2017 games and most fans were questioning a lot of his second half decisions. It will be interesting to see how he does at FSU.

If anyone is interested in Taggart, local news did a multi part documentary about him called “Taggart” that was released prior to the 2017 season. A quick google search will probably bring it up.
Old 18 April 2018, 14:11
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
It will be interesting to see UGA without Nick Chubb or Sony Michel. Jake Fromm wasn't a stellar QB by any means (throwing), but managed to do well enough as a TRUEFreshman to make it to the National Championship (I still contend that 'Bama did not belong there).
I, for one, expect a big time step forward in his play this year. I'm sold on Fromm and think he's a future star in the NFL.
Old 18 April 2018, 14:20
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
Ohio State Buckeyes will win the NC this year.
With whom at QB?

I doubt they get past Penn St.
Old 18 April 2018, 14:30
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delaware21 View Post
Old Slick Willie Taggart. Now that’s a name I wish I never knew. I’ve been a lifelong Oregon fan and I’ve never seen anything like his exit from the school. He straight up lied to an entire fan base, coaches, players, parents, and recruits by saying he had no intentions of leaving and was not in any way shape or form in communications with FSU. That being said he’s an interesting figure. He can motivate and recruit with the best of them however his coaching skills are questionable. Oregon played absolutely terrible in the second half of the majority 2017 games and most fans were questioning a lot of his second half decisions. It will be interesting to see how he does at FSU.

If anyone is interested in Taggart, local news did a multi part documentary about him called “Taggart” that was released prior to the 2017 season. A quick google search will probably bring it up.
Taggart and Fisher have the same agent....so that was fully leveraged in Taggart's favor...he pulled a Kiffin... :)

He'll move on inside 3 years. He and FSU are perfect for each other.... LOL
Old 18 April 2018, 15:54
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streck-Fu View Post
Taggart and Fisher have the same agent....so that was fully leveraged in Taggart's favor...he pulled a Kiffin... :)

He'll move on inside 3 years. He and FSU are perfect for each other.... LOL
Heíll move on in three if not successful, but if he is successful, then I can see him staying. Grew up here in FL and he and his family have been rooting for FSU for a long time. I like the story when he was at USF and his family attended wearing FSU gear.

Regarding his departure, it was similar to Jimboís; however, scuttlebutt has it that Jimbo had a verbal with Texas A&M this time last year, which I know Taggart did not. To the best of my knowledge, he wasnít trying to leverage it for more $$$ from Oregon either. Yeah Jimbo lied, which I get, but he was asking for more $$$ after a shitty season.

Plus, itís telling that you did not see much of Coach Bowden and Coach Andrews during Jimboís reign but you do now. Fisher was kind of a pompous ass or so Iíve heard. Another complaint was he micromanaged too much. Curious to see how Jimbo will do at his new gig.

Old 18 April 2018, 16:03
Confirmed User

Quote:
To the best of my knowledge, he wasn’t trying to leverage it for more $$$ from Oregon either.
His agent used it start a bidding war between OSU and FSU..

But Taggart did lie to his Oregon players after knowing he was going to take the FSU job....LINK
Old 18 April 2018, 17:05
Authorized Personnel

Like I said I don’t disagree but Taggart didn’t have a verbal with FSU before the season started. And I’m not a big fan of their agent either.

Old 18 April 2018, 17:47
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTA View Post
Fisher was kind of a pompous ass....
He'll fit right in with those stupid Aggies.
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Iím attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 18 April 2018, 19:49
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar View Post
He'll fit right in with those stupid Aggies.
Well... Iím sure heíll be expected to produce and soon. Texas A&M is like the University of Texas from what I understand. A lot of old oil money running their boosters. If heís sucks after three years, Jimbo will be gone, but I could be wrong.

Old 18 April 2018, 20:07
Old and Broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTA View Post
Well... Iím sure heíll be expected to produce and soon. Texas A&M is like the University of Texas from what I understand. A lot of old oil money running their boosters. If heís sucks after three years, Jimbo will be gone, but I could be wrong.
You got it.
Plus there are some must-win games (any team from Oklahoma) or you are gone.

Our new posting rules