SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 23 November 2018, 10:01
Confirmed User

Beretta Px4 Storm Subcompact

I was looking foe a VERY small, compact and concealable pistol and fell in love with this puppy (Italian design at its best IMO)
Does anyone have any good/bad experience with it?
Is it any good?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Subcompact 1a.jpg (41.1 KB, 134 views)

"Either go Genghis Khan, or go home..." - Leopardprey
Old 23 November 2018, 10:32
Calculating Infinity...

Agree about the design. Although not the sub, I have a PX4 compact(4" barrel) and it is a damn sexy pistol.
Old 23 November 2018, 16:41
Did...did I do that?

I'm with Gumby. I've got a PX4C as well, and love it. My first thought is that the short barrel would normally make it a little more snappy to shoot, but the rotation of the action in this gun probably takes a lot of that away.
Old 24 November 2018, 21:41
Confirmed User

I have a regular PX4 storm in 9mm. Love this gun. Especially after I got it broken in. Great trigger pull. Shot many rounds out of it and never had a malfunction. I shot some shitty rounds through it too. I would think the compact is a solid and reliable choice.
Old 24 November 2018, 21:48
Confirmed User

This one was on my list to be my CCW pistol but then Sig brought out the 365.

Before we relocated to Richmond last year, we belonged to a pistol club that shot two to three times a month. One of the members had one chambered for in 9mm and one in .40.

The owner let me shoot both pistols and I put a couple of hundred rounds of various makes and manufacturers, through the 9mm and that included some pretty crappy reloads.

The pistol fits my hands pretty nice and it was also easy to use in weak hand drills. The owner said he had about 800 rounds through it by the time I shot it, so it was on the way to being broken in.

It is not as small as a P365 or one of the Glocks but it doesn't have the feel huge feeling like a lot of the Berettas do even their so called compacts. I own both the L + M models of the 92Sf Compact. I carry both of those as CCWs and as a travel gun with no problems and I feel that the Storm Subcompact carries better than those two.

The 9mm is still on my list of pistols to purchase after I buy an M4. Personally I did not like the one chambered in .40. I only shot two full magazines through it and my right hand was stinging. I was offered the opportunity to buy it for a rock bottom price but I declined due to that one fact.
Old 24 November 2018, 21:55
Confirmed User

Most of what I have shot through it have been crappy reloads and no malfunctions. I even shot it dirty a couple of times. I agree about the .40. 9mm is the way to go imo. If I wasn't a CZ fanboy this would be my go to for full size or compact.
Old 26 November 2018, 07:43
Confirmed User

...then I know what I'm gonna get from Santa this Christmas!!

"Either go Genghis Khan, or go home..." - Leopardprey

Our new posting rules