SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Old 16 November 2009, 23:51

FireFlyer Intro

Hi All,

I'm AD Army with 6 years in. Currently stationed at Lacklad Air Force base working with the Military Working Dogs...all hundreds of them. Been stationed with the Navy most of my Army career in Norfolk, VA and San Diego, CA, and now the Air Force.

I looked into this forum because of the application process I'm going through right now. Not really sure what it i yet, but it all started with a cryptic phone call from a recruiter in USASOC saying that he represents a program that might be interested in someone like me... so now here I go with a 19 page app, a flight physical, an SF 86, all my NCOERs and a waiting game...apparently to get psychologically evaluated. This is cool... but I can't wait find find out what the HELL is going on.

So here I am here, just looking to see what's up in the Spec Ops community!
Old 17 November 2009, 23:00
Banned User

Coming up on my 20, Active Duty USAF! Intel Analyst, best job ever, 55 RQS, DMAFB, AZ 2003-2005.
Old 18 November 2009, 12:49
Confirmed User

Good day to everyone,

I have been monitoring this site for years now and have just become a member. I was AD USMC for 4 years from 2004 through 2008 and was an 0331. I did two deployments to Iraq totaling roughly 22 months in country. During that time I had the pleasure of interacting with people from various SOF units on several occasions - always a great experience. Really enjoy the site, great resource. My footprint will be minimal.

Jake
Old 18 November 2009, 15:02
Administrator

Jake,

Out of sheer curiosity, what finally made you decide to join?

Loved by few, judged by many
Old 18 November 2009, 17:48
Banned User

hello all 1st post i just joined hoping to reconnect with some old friends and maybe meet some new ones as well. my name is richard groff .
Old 18 November 2009, 18:44
Confirmed User

I think mostly to look at the pictures. Kidding. Contemplating the military again after college - this is just another resource should I need something cleared up etc. I've still got lots of buddies AD so anything USMC related is not an issue but I know any Q's I have concerning another branch can be answer here. After an exhaustive search is conducted first, of course.
Old 18 November 2009, 22:42
Been There Done That

Retired from the Marine Corps in July after 24 years. Served at Marine Barracks Subic Bay Philippines, 1st Recon Bn, 1st Force Recon Co, Basic Recon Course and 1st MSOB and my 2 year "break" as a Drill Instructor. Currently a CTR at Camp Pendleton.
Old 19 November 2009, 15:17

Former active duty signal and medical sergeant with 82nd(3-325) and 10th MTN(3-89 CAV) out of Ft Polk. Currently operating in the CENTCOM AO as a dirty, nasty contractor while also working as a 25C with an NG LRS unit.
Old 19 November 2009, 15:51

Hello everyone,

For full disclosure, I am not a member of the SOC, I joined this forum just to add and verify information about a specific post.

I was an Intelligence Analyst for 8 years ('99 - '07) with my only overseas experiance being in Iraq from MAR '03 to MAR '04 (V Corps TAC) and NOV '05 to MAY '07 (contractor for the Joint Interrogation and Debriefing Center).
Old 19 November 2009, 16:25

Hello All,
I registered to look at the great reviews readers have posted on books, makes it easier to decide if it's something I would like to purchase. Best to all serving/sacrificing and thanks for sharing.
Shawn
Old 19 November 2009, 23:42
Been There Done That

Started my military career with Bco 1/75 while we were still at Stewart. Worked for 1SG Carpenter, SSG Murphy and SGT Wingate. Made the move and jump into Hunter before Airfield Seizure was cool.

Took a break and volunteered for the Q Course and landed in 5th Group. Worked on several ODAs and remember when Mullholland was a Team Leader. Loved it but, needed more Bn life.

Reassigned back home (Bco 1/75) as a Weapon Squad Leader. My Son is now assigned in the same squad I use to lead. Took the PSG position and loved it. Back in those days, Big Army won't let you hang around to long.

Got sucked up in a SWC draft while trying to slip quietly back to Group. Worked three years at SOTIC and one year on the Weapons Comittee before reassigned back to 5th Group at the beginning of Desert Shield/Storm. Team Sargeant for the first Gulf War and Somalia. And then the wife started bitching...

Took an assignment with 5th SOSE as my swan song and deployed more there than on a Team. Punched out at 20 years...

My Son is currently serving in Battalion and I couldn't be prouder. The thing that kills me is that his squad looks at me like royalty while they are my true heroes. Thay are doing what we dreamed of doing for years. To all members of the Regiment, past and present, I salute you. I don't have much but, half of what I have is yours. You are my brothers... "5th Stanza of the Ranger Creed, repeat after me!!!..."
Old 20 November 2009, 07:04

Hello everyone, I am an 18F with 19th SFG and currently working a contract overseas. I look forward to interacting with all of you in the future as I attempt to mitigate my boredom!
Old 20 November 2009, 09:45

Introduction

Good morning all. Thank you to the moderators for approving my profile. I am a former US Army Combat Medic. I worked my way up the civilian ranks from EMT to Firefighter, and currently working as a Flight Paramedic on a helo.
Old 20 November 2009, 11:27

Intro

Call me Ishmael.
No wait, wrong story.
Call me Hank.
I am a veteran of Tiger Force, 1/327, 101st Airborne, Div. 1968-69.
Retired Physician Assistant.
Former Mountain Rescue Paramedic.
Only registered here, to vet a guy who just moved to my community who claims to be a SEAL.
Verification is in process. So far no soap.
Thanks for doing this kind of work.
Hank
www.tigerforcerecon.com
Old 20 November 2009, 11:44

Hi everybody, im Lance, did a few years in 2nd RGR bn from 06 to Jan 09, then went over to 4-2 ID and currently deployed to IZ. If i have anything to contribute, it will be to the Crossfit areas or training up for selection.

Thanks for Having me.
-Lance
Old 20 November 2009, 16:32
On the Extract Bird

Good day to everyone,

I joined this site for more information on becoming a NAVY SEAL. It's something I've wanted to do since I knew what they were. I saw it had a great NSW section and decided I should join and possibly get some questions answered and become a part of a great community which supports the worlds greatest military.

Kris
Old 20 November 2009, 16:58

introduction

Hello there,

Yhanks for allowing me to join socnet. I found this site so helpful for selected few men and women willing to share their knowledge and skills in this rare kind of business.

Again thank you so much and MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU ALL!!!
Old 20 November 2009, 18:40

G'day everyone just joined i will tell a little about myself

I live in beautiful nova scotia and am hoping to become a sailor in the navy in the next year or so but I have to get some missing math credits before i can even apply (cursed math)

And if anyone was curious im hoping to become either a naval weapons technician or a boatswain.

dont know what else to say other then thanks for having me guys:)

NS
Old 20 November 2009, 22:53

Hello Gents and Ladies

Hi gents. Thanks for having me here. Some of you know me from the sandbox (Zen ducks and zags as he hears a cocking noise LOL). Background: 7 1/2 years in the Marines, including SOG in Moscow after THAT fiasco. In fact I liked it so much I did four posts in one go on the program. Then the Yugoslav civil war thing. Knew Bob MacKenzie and his wife before Bob got eaten in Sierra Leone. Yes it was that recce team. Then 5 years 104th LRSD PANG while going to university. 4 years with the old TC. I have been a long time lurker here. For those that know me I prefer to read, learn, and not post. Cheers all.
Old 20 November 2009, 23:19
Valhalla July 4, 2016 RIP Frogman

Zen
Ah! A stronger and wiser voice has arrived on SOCNET. Many will sign up for your philosophy studies, SilverBullet, Ace, and several Mods.

Our new posting rules