SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Areas of Expertise > Technology and Communications

Old 29 April 2020, 06:27
Confirmed User

Broadcom/Symantec question..help

I have had symantec endpoint protection on my windows home premium laptop, for at least since 2011. It was given to me when I was in the military, along with Microsoft Office deals etc. Well, never had an issue with it. But I received this email, from Broadcom. Apparently they purchased Symantec.
I actually logged in. But, it says I have no access etc. I tried to actually download newer version too, and it just wont let me. I think its because this was the militarys group buy?
What should I do? Get a new anti virus program? Or just let it ride, due to this is my last year with this laptop. Still runs perfect, Anti Virus and laptop, knock on wood.
"Dear Valued Symantec Customer,
As you know, in early November 2019, Broadcom Inc. and its affiliates acquired the Symantec Enterprise Security Business (Press Release). As a result of the acquisition, Symantec is upgrading the web authentication mechanism (Identity Provider) and all Symantec accounts will be migrated to Broadcom's Identity Provider. Your Symantec account will stop working from May 1, 2020.

You must activate your Broadcom account to complete this migration and update your profile information before you continue accessing the product portal.

To activate your Broadcom account, click here.

Account activation requires you to reset your password and setup multi-factor authentication. Once you activate your account, you can logon to https://securitycloud.symantec.com/cc/landing to access the product portal.

After you complete account activation, please update your profile information here. Updating the profile is a required step for you to be able to continue accessing the products. Please provide complete and accurate information in your registration profile. Failure to do so could result in delayed and/or rejected account requests.

If you experience issues with login, activation, or password reset, please use:
Account Self-Service PortalBroadcom Self Service Bot
If the problem persists, please contact support.

Thank You,
Broadcom Inc.

Our new posting rules