Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Professional Development and Education

Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28 July 2011, 01:12
Rockout Rockout is offline
Been There Done That
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 24
Originally Posted by mdwest View Post
... I have seen ALOT of job postings where CPP is preferred or even required to apply.. I have never seen a posting that asked for an undergrad cert or one that suggessted they would consider an undergrad cert in lieu of the CPP...

the undergrad cert would be better than nothing.. but in my opinion there are better ways to invest your time and your money...

if you meet the education/experience requirements to sit for the CPP.. my advice is to go that route rather than the PSP (the study and effort you have put into the PSP will apply to what you need to sit for the CPP.. so nothing is lost..)..
CPP is becoming the standard. Congrats to ASIS to making it so. A CPP friend of mine recommended taking the PSP first as apparently a lot of the questions regard physical security. It gives one the chance to get a feel for the test and program and gives a certification in the process. As mentioned it cant hurt. Different strokes...

Undergrad cert - just get the degree. Would you get two AA's? If you want to impress, have a double major. You may not think it now but it will be worth it in the long run.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Our new posting rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 13:02.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc. All Rights Reserved
SOCNET 1996-2018