SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Naval Special Warfare > Navy SEALs

Old 1 January 2018, 00:44

On the ball Police Department remembers fallen SEAL in unique way

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...cued-cops.html

"A baby seal that was found waddling down a Massachusetts highway has now safely been returned to the ocean. Authorities said they nicknamed the seal 'Houston' after Kevin A. Houston - a US Navy Seal from Cape Cod who was killed in Afghanistan. Police say they believe the pup traveled up a nearby frozen creek and 'made his appearance Navy Seal style.'"

Apparently that was cold and wet.
Old 3 January 2018, 13:15
Been There Done That

Out of my Lane...

It's Navy SEAL.
Old 3 January 2018, 13:46
Did...did I do that?

He copied/pasted from the Daily Mail, and UK press standards for acronyms are a little weird. They do "Nato" and "Nasa."
Old 4 January 2018, 21:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specboatteam View Post
Out of my Lane...

It's Navy SEAL.
Sorry about that. Since they weren't my words, I quoted how they reported it. My words were not in quote marks. I presume that BTDT Team guys know his name, SEAL team and the mission he was killed on. My post was to respect and highlight the Never Forgotten attitude regarding fallen soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines displayed here by a grateful and unaffiliated organization.

I also understand that in the community, the recognition/praise/criticism outside their peers holds no water. I'll point out that last year a former SEAL who is a Massachusetts State Police officer used his skills to breach a door and kill a cop killer holed up there. I'd like to think that this type of recognition originates from silent professional men like that in those departments. I apologize for any offense.

Our new posting rules