Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Gear, Survival and Fieldcraft

Old 4 September 2017, 09:34
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macka View Post
I've taken to repurposing my kids old backpacks. They don't look tacticool and are generally in good shape.

I keep a sort of get home bag in my work car. It's low profile, and holds seasonal clothes and shoes for work (we wear suits/ties as the UoD) and have to switch up at times. So I have a set of street clothes always ready.

I also keep a Beofang, extra mags for my handguns (s), and a bunch of snack that I chow on. I would have a 15 mile trek from work to home on a normal day.

I think i can get 24 hours out of it if needed.

I also have one that I keep work gear in as well as my MacBook, forms, and common crime scene stuff.
Think about water and an IFAK.
Old 4 September 2017, 14:20
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
Think about water and an IFAK.
Done. I always have a water bottle with me. I currently have a Brita hard plastic bottle with filter at my side pretty much all the time. I also have a Lifestraw filter in the wrapper.

I have an IFAK in the cruiser at all times as well as a separate one for my Tacticool raid vest.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8600.jpg (41.2 KB, 294 views)
Old 20 November 2017, 14:26
33,024 - R.I.P.

For those interested, Badlands has their early holiday sale going on. Today’s special is their BOS pack. Normally $249, on sale for $99. That is a wicked deal for an awesome pack. I have two Badlands packs, and they are extremely rugged and light.
http://www.badlandspacks.com/gear/pa...-tactical-pack
Old 20 November 2017, 14:52
Confirmed User

Goruck has some good deal going as well.

Must.

Resist.
Old 20 November 2017, 19:40
The Sagacious One

I thought I would test one of these, for the price, you cannot go wrong.
Old 21 November 2017, 13:54
33,024 - R.I.P.

Looks like one of the old Eberlestock Phantom bags.
Old 21 November 2017, 15:50
Aww F**K it

Interesting. I think I will pick one up.

For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:4
Old 27 November 2017, 13:56
33,024 - R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
For those interested, Badlands has their early holiday sale going on. Today’s special is their BOS pack. Normally $249, on sale for $99. That is a wicked deal for an awesome pack. I have two Badlands packs, and they are extremely rugged and light.
http://www.badlandspacks.com/gear/pa...-tactical-pack
Looks like their Cyber-Monday deal includes the BOS pack for $99 again. I jumped on this like a bum on a gas station sammich.
Old 9 January 2018, 11:50
Confirmed User

I saw your post and ordered one the same day, and it arrived yesterday on 8 January. The website said 1-3 week delivery time, so I sent an email over a month later and got an auto-reply that customer service will contact me in 48 hours. Four days later with no contact I sent another email-- this time saying that customs sometimes delays shipping and I should receive it NLT 27 JAN 2018; two months after ordering.

The bag, from "9.11 Tactical" is of course made in China, and I find it laughable that Cold Dead Hands says this bag is marked down from $298.90. The zipper to the main pouch is broken- the teeth won't lock no matter how much I try and re-route the zipper or line up the teeth. The hook-pile tape/velcro on many of the pouches won't fasten; they used the hook side on both ends so there is no bite. You get what you pay for, so lesson learned- but this seems more suited for an airsofter. By the way, if you do a search for "9.11 Tactical Rifle Combo Backpack" you'll see this exact same bag listed for anywhere between $32 to $39.

*maybe I got a lemon- but just my experience.

Our new posting rules