SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 22 March 2016, 12:16
Bitter old man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by litepath View Post
Lights? I agree. Adding a light, such as the SurefireX300 to a G17 or many other FA's that come to mind is going to add complexity to a IWB carry, or even a well done OWB carry. They're Fatter and often longer too.

Optic? I still don't see that being an issue.
On optics I don't see a problem IWB.

If I am carrying a Glock I roll with their light cheap but tough and gets the job done.
Old 23 March 2016, 05:09
BTDT

G20C RMR Light

I'm rather comfortable w/it.

Good shooting
Attached Images
File Type: jpg G20C light.jpg (15.6 KB, 380 views)
Old 23 March 2016, 06:41
Make a desert and call it peace.

OK, how do you conceal that when it's not winter in Alaska, never sit down? I can see that with a sport coat, but not casual summertime wear S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Old 23 March 2016, 08:19
The Sagacious One

I carry this under a 5.11 or blackhawk SS shirt with no issues. Granted, no optic, but a similar gun and I don't see an issue with adding an optic.

The optic would rest right on top of the holster....

Old 23 March 2016, 09:15
Confirmed User

TFG, I don't want to sidetrack this thread too bad, but quick question.. Do you know if that XC1 will work with holsters designed for the x300's and tlr1's, like a safariland ALS?
Old 23 March 2016, 09:43
Shovel Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF0311 View Post
TFG, I don't want to sidetrack this thread too bad, but quick question.. Do you know if that XC1 will work with holsters designed for the x300's and tlr1's, like a safariland ALS?
Unless you try it, could be anybodies guess about how snug it would be. The XC-1 noted below in the first pic is much smaller compared to the X300. It's appx. the slide width of the G19.

And again in side view.
Old 23 March 2016, 09:44
Time is a flat circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF0311 View Post
I think it would but with some rattle. I'll check you you

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 23 March 2016, 09:51
Time is a flat circle

This is my 19 with XC1. Little bit of play but not much. Vertical plays from the difference in barrel length. The holster is for a 17 with TLR.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (48.9 KB, 356 views)

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 23 March 2016, 10:34
The Sagacious One

If the slide is tight it wont matter. My G 37 with the XC 1 fits easily into my Sidearmor holster G 21 X300.
Old 23 March 2016, 12:39
Confirmed User

Thanks guys, that's what I figured, for a ALS type holster it is pretty much the same fit as using it with out a light attached. I'm glad I finally got to double check that before ordering one.
Old 24 March 2016, 19:03
Confirmed User

Not mine, but saw this on another site. Been reseaarching allot on these. You guys are definitely more knowledgeable on this subject. RMR Helps with older peoples eyes, so I have been told..

Old 25 March 2016, 10:38
BTDT

G20C RMR

Carrying this pistol concealed, is not graduate level work

Have you been out much? Just stop for a moment & take a look @ what's around you.

The general population is so completely oblivious as to what is around them, they can't even walk down the sidewalk w/out tripping or running into something. Don't even mention, drive a vehicle.

They all have their attention on one thing...that phone. Is it any wonder, that these active shooter events happen? You could walk into a mall w/an AK muzzle sticking 5 inches out the bottom of a jacket & no one, to include the mall ninja security, would be alerted.

Am I trying to enter a facility that has "trained" people actually looking for concealed weapons? No.

But, I also know how to move & how to dress. I blend in. To the general population, I am un-noticeable.

Best wishes and Good shooting.
Old 25 March 2016, 10:52
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockcqc
....I also know how to move & how to dress. I blend in. To the general population, I am un-noticeable....
+1 I notice that some of the clothing I wear, doesn't always cover my gun the way I would like (invisible). A loose-fitting t-shirt over the gun in a building prints like crazy while walking into a mall or store and the wind blowing strongly. Once inside -- no printing.

So I take everything in account and try to do things that minimize the exposure from body movements, wind, etc. As stated above -- a lot of people don't see what's around them anyway, which is completely fine with me....
Old 27 March 2016, 07:24
Make a desert and call it peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockcqc View Post
Am I trying to enter a facility that has "trained" people actually looking for concealed weapons? No.
Wasn't trying to sharpshoot, was wondering if there was something I was missing.

Unfortunately, this quoted section is pretty much my normal AO. I was carrying concealed in Chicago's ghettos well before it became legal. That drives my gear opinion on CCW and the whole 5.11's, photo vest, etc etc isn't really fooling anyone with half a brain. Fortunately most folks don't pass even that standard, as mentioned. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Old 27 March 2016, 08:17
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockcqc View Post
Carrying this pistol concealed, is not graduate level work

Have you been out much? Just stop for a moment & take a look @ what's around you.

The general population is so completely oblivious as to what is around them, they can't even walk down the sidewalk w/out tripping or running into something. Don't even mention, drive a vehicle.

They all have their attention on one thing...that phone. Is it any wonder, that these active shooter events happen? You could walk into a mall w/an AK muzzle sticking 5 inches out the bottom of a jacket & no one, to include the mall ninja security, would be alerted.

But, I also know how to move & how to dress. I blend in. To the general population, I am un-noticeable.

Best wishes and Good shooting.
I don't see the RMR adding to the foot print all that much. I carry a G 20SF with a G10 light without issue. I also have a holster for a G 21SF with an X300, again no issues.
Old 27 March 2016, 09:16
Shovel Whisperer

Exclamation

A couple of pics R/T the footprint of an RMR.
This is with 1.5 in. belt, 20' fwd. cant. (photo-credit; customer)

Backside

Old 27 March 2016, 17:55
Another pool cleaner

Very nice, Litepath.
Old 23 May 2016, 09:42
Bitter old man.

I know I started this thread in using Mini-red dots on handguns.

Has anyone tried one on a rifle as their primary optic?
Old 23 May 2016, 20:12
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
I know I started this thread in using Mini-red dots on handguns.

Has anyone tried one on a rifle as their primary optic?

A friend of mine use to have one of his carbines setup with a Trijicon RMR, i used it enough to get the jist of it. If you want a super lightweight setup its a good way to go, the only big con of it is the there is no fine reticle for those sights, lowest is like 4moa, other then that it worked good. For me, if i was buying a new optic for a gun, i would choose something different, like an aimpoint pro, but if i had a trijicon just lying around and needed a red dot i would be confident using it.....Pat Mac use to run that setup, not sure if he still does or not and i know he had a particular reason for it, but i don't remember that reason well enough to repeat it.
Old 23 May 2016, 23:43
Not a ninja...

Burris Fast Fire III can be had in 3 MOA. I have it on a .44 Mag Ruger SBH, but you could easily put it on a rifle with the included picatinny rail mount.

Our new posting rules