Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 5 August 2016, 17:43
Red Headed Stepchild

SCAR 17

I've been back and forth for years trying to figure out which 7.62 I wanted to spend too much money on. Got an offer I couldn't refuse on a SCAR 17 yesterday so that's taken care of. Zero experience on them but have heard 100% positive reviews. Looking for whatever comments you guys have. It is not CA compliant
Old 5 August 2016, 18:43
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkdrver View Post
I've been back and forth for years trying to figure out which 7.62 I wanted to spend too much money on. Got an offer I couldn't refuse on a SCAR 17 yesterday so that's taken care of. Zero experience on them but have heard 100% positive reviews. Looking for whatever comments you guys have. It is not CA compliant
I love mine, but there is so much gun-faggotry over the brand that they have a Facebook page where people have done everything except masturbate onto a SCAR and post a picture of it. There are people who have so many SCARs with so many expensive accesories, I imagine them to be either deranged lunatics who spend all their money on weapons and live in trailers eating cat food, or are just really, really bored and sexually frustrated trust fund babies who like to fondle weaponry instead if broads.
22 Aug 17
Old 5 August 2016, 23:55
jump fiend

Pretty sure they're absolute shit. Just send me your scar here in AZ :)
Grief comes, but time will ease the pain.
Life ends, but death cannot erase it.
In memory, they will always remain.
Old 6 August 2016, 06:46
Bitter old man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
I love mine, but there is so much gun-faggotry over the brand that they have a Facebook page where people have done everything except masturbate onto a SCAR and post a picture of it. There are people who have so many SCARs with so many expensive accesories, I imagine them to be either deranged lunatics who spend all their money on weapons and live in trailers eating cat food, or are just really, really bored and sexually frustrated trust fund babies who like to fondle weaponry instead if broads.
Hahahahahaha, you and the Trailer Stigma.

Pate cat food is just like deviled ham.

For the price of one I'm entitled to a reach around.
Old 6 August 2016, 09:01
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
Hahahahahaha, you and the Trailer Stigma.

Pate cat food is just like deviled ham.

For the price of one I'm entitled to a reach around.
It's not so much the stigma, I just don't see how you can afford to live anywhere else if you have like a dozen SCARs, all with optics that are north of $2K and supressors, ect. I mean guns are expensive, you know.
22 Aug 17
Old 6 August 2016, 09:20
Bitter old man.

Quote:
It's not so much the stigma, I just don't see how you can afford to live anywhere else if you have like a dozen SCARs, all with optics that are north of $2K and supressors, ect. I mean guns are expensive, you know.

As a trailer dweller myself, most of them are short money so one can pay them off quick. No mortgage= more money to buy cool stuff most do not know how to use. Which includes a cleaning kit and lube.
SCARs are the cool gun in video games right now along with Benelli M4s.
Old 6 August 2016, 09:30
Been There Done That

Quote:
But you need at least a dozen, so you can equip your neighbors after the civil war starts once Hillary is elected.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 6 August 2016, 09:31
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkdrver View Post
Looking forward to a range report. Never fired one.

"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
Old 6 August 2016, 10:27
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
But you need at least a dozen, so you can equip your neighbors after the civil war starts once Hillary is elected.
I heard this from a liberal last night; they fear Trump's supporters (fat old white men in her words) will rise up in revolt if he doesn't win the presidency.
Old 6 August 2016, 14:14
Deplorable

Quote:
They are no-doubt the 'Hobbyists' we often refer to.

One step above the 'Strokers'.
Stroker's rarely actually fire their weapons, most of their time is spent in a garage or an empty house fondling the piece. When it's not stored as a Safe Queen, they are at a local gun-shop talking about their extensive amount of limited experience on any given subject pertaining to any trending weapon system.
Old 6 August 2016, 17:47
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
This is essentially my buddy's basement, to include the Barrett that he has never fired. I have never understood that (or how he affords it) but he's our first stop when the zombies attack.
Old 11 August 2016, 13:48
Been There Done That

I own part of this company. https://www.handldefense.com/

We have been making solutions for the SCAR for awhile now. If you want to know more, feel free to contact me.
Old 11 August 2016, 17:47
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox33C1 View Post
I own part of this company. https://www.handldefense.com/

We have been making solutions for the SCAR for awhile now. If you want to know more, feel free to contact me.
Cool. I'll most definitely be giving you guys a shout. Thanks.
Old 21 August 2016, 18:06
100 posts and I still haven't been banned from SOCNET!

I do not eat cat food.
"Heaven is having a Japanese wife, a Chinese cook, an English house and an American salary. Hell, on the other hand, is having a Chinese salary, an English cook, a Japanese house and an American wife."
Old 21 August 2016, 19:49
Been There Done That

I'm still waiting on my goddamned Handl lower that I was promised. Where it at? I'll write a most elegant review...
22 Aug 17
Old 23 August 2016, 19:13
Did...did I do that?

FN SCAR Recall

SCAR-17S in FDE with serial HC52427 through HC52926, shipped by FN July 28 and 29, 2016.

Possible catastrophic failure from an out-of-spec bolt.

http://www.guns.com/2016/08/21/fn-recalls-scar-rifles/

Letter in PDF
Old 24 August 2016, 15:57
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmueller View Post
SCAR-17S in FDE with serial HC52427 through HC52926, shipped by FN July 28 and 29, 2016.

Possible catastrophic failure from an out-of-spec bolt.

http://www.guns.com/2016/08/21/fn-recalls-scar-rifles/

Letter in PDF
Hey man, thanks for that. Story of my life, my new rifle is right square in the middle of the recalled S/Ns.

On a good note, getting hold of FN was painless and they're saying less than 2 weeks on the turnaround. Not bad if that's the case.
Old 18 October 2016, 15:18
Red Headed Stepchild

Finally back from the factory, will be picking it up tomorrow from the FFL. Kind of disappointed with the communication from FN during the whole process, but it sounded they had one person running the show for the whole recall.

Quote:
Looking forward to a range report. Never fired one.
Should be hitting the range in the next couple of days.

Last edited by hawkdrver; 18 October 2016 at 15:35.
Old 29 October 2016, 02:01
Been There Done That

SCAR-17's are selling for $4,000 on gunbroker right now. They are hard to get a hold of.
Old 29 October 2016, 08:03
Bitter old man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettendorf View Post
SCAR-17's are selling for $4,000 on gunbroker right now. They are hard to get a hold of.
Mags ain't cheap either hope there is a reach around included.

Our new posting rules