Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 17 January 2018, 07:13
Bitter old man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxcolt13 View Post
I think Ill hold out for the 19 X myself. I wish they would just sell the 19 MHS, why would they leave out the safety on the X.
It would hurt sales IMO.
Old 17 January 2018, 07:41
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Do not like the cut out, to assist in pulling out the mag?, on bottom of the front grip on the Gen 5. Not needed and annoys my pinky finger.
Agreed. I'm waiting for one of the aftermarket company's to create a flared magwell accessory that fills that nonsense. If anything, they could have done a small cutout on each side of the pistol grip so you can rip the mag out without having to adjust your firing hand. Right now if I wanted to use that cutout to remove a mag, I'd have to remove the bottom two fingers of my firing hand from the grip just to get access.
Old 17 January 2018, 09:59
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Do not like the cut out, to assist in pulling out the mag?, on bottom of the front grip on the Gen 5. Not needed and annoys my pinky finger.
That's the same with the S&W shield that i typically shoot. I have to use an extended mag to get a good grip but even with that, i have to adjust my fingers to get it out. Eventually, I'll (hopefully) teach myself how to deal with that quicker than i can now.
Old 17 January 2018, 10:36
Bitter old man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
Agreed. I'm waiting for one of the aftermarket company's to create a flared magwell accessory that fills that nonsense. If anything, they could have done a small cutout on each side of the pistol grip so you can rip the mag out without having to adjust your firing hand. Right now if I wanted to use that cutout to remove a mag, I'd have to remove the bottom two fingers of my firing hand from the grip just to get access.
Agree, cutting edge on a Gen1. Not so much now. Glock could have copied the VP9 in that area. I always thought the Gen2 Glocks were the best ones grip wise.
Old 17 January 2018, 13:24
Old and Broke

I'm going to look at the G19/MHS. I like the idea of a longer grip.
Old 17 January 2018, 19:54
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN View Post
I'm going to look at the G19/MHS. I like the idea of a longer grip.
Agreed. That's the best way to go imo. The only problem that i have with Glocks is that they're expensive as hell. Other than that, they're very good guns.
Old 17 January 2018, 20:47
Authorized Personnel

Expensive compared to what?
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 17 January 2018, 22:03
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massgrunt View Post
Expensive compared to what?
S&Ws. They're generally cheaper and some can serve the same function.
Old 17 January 2018, 22:10
Confirmed User

I've noticed that with Glock lately. Their regular people prices keep inching up but our Blue Label prices haven't really moved at all. Meanwhile the M&Ps, XDs and other plastic guns have gone below the $500 mark with some even below $400, albeit it usually takes a sale to see those prices. You won't find Glocks that low.. ever. Unless I'm missing something completely.
Old 18 January 2018, 09:23
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoChai View Post
I've noticed that with Glock lately. Their regular people prices keep inching up but our Blue Label prices haven't really moved at all. Meanwhile the M&Ps, XDs and other plastic guns have gone below the $500 mark with some even below $400, albeit it usually takes a sale to see those prices. You won't find Glocks that low.. ever. Unless I'm missing something completely.
I doubt that you are in all honesty. I've searched all over god's creation to try to find a Glock that's not expensive as hell. I saw a small Glock at my local gun shop that was over $800. M&Ps serve the same function imo, yet much cheaper. As long as i can hide it from them and drop them like a Santa sack full of bricks with it, then I'm fine with an M&P. I've eye balled a couple of good M&Ps for less than $400. They've seemed to stay within the $400-$600 price range from what I've seen. $600 being a bit steep.
Old 18 January 2018, 09:43
Been There Done That

Glock 17s and 19s , Gen 4 are selling for $499 at Rural King. $559 for Gen 5s.

https://www.rkguns.com/glock-17-g4-9...istol-g17.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 18 January 2018, 11:25
Been There Done That

Quote:
Glock 17s and 19s , Gen 4 are selling for $499 at Rural King. $559 for Gen 5s.

https://www.rkguns.com/glock-17-g4-9...istol-g17.html

Thats a good price, if I didnt already have one I would probably grab one of those.

Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.
Old 18 January 2018, 13:31
Old and Broke

G19 Gen 4's were running 450-485 in San Antonio. I paid 455 at the BX for mine.
Old 18 January 2018, 13:46
Aww F**K it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkcity View Post
They're small and compact but excellent pistols. Very comfortable, too. As far as shooting them, they're pretty decent as far as recoil is concerned (not too much imo). I've always used an extended mag for better grip when I shot them. And that's a really decent looking sight, btw.
I carry a gen 4 everyday. Just picked up the gen 5

For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:4
Old 18 January 2018, 15:09
Confirmed User

BL price is usually around $428 with stock sights and $455 with glock night sights. Those seem like fair prices to me. It's the civilian prices that make me wonder what Glock is thinking. In the same vein, people keep buying them so they must not be as crazy as I think.
Old 18 January 2018, 18:58
Confirmed User

I picked up a G17 Gen5 with Ameriglo sights used a couple weeks ago for $499 (same price as I would pay for a blue label if I used my GSSF coupon.) I'm a fan of the no finger grooves, and I love the Ameriglo sights. I use a 19 most days, and the finger grooves don't bother me much, but I definitely like that smooth front strap on the G17.

My next GSSF coupon may be a G34 Gen5 MOS or a 19X.
Old 18 January 2018, 23:11
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsUp View Post
I carry a gen 4 everyday. Just picked up the gen 5
I haven't tried a Gen4 yet. I saw a Glock 19 Gen4 that looked decent. I'd likely not buy it for the offered prices, though unless i were to really like it.
Old 22 January 2018, 19:02
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxcolt13 View Post
I think Ill hold out for the 19 X myself.
They have them here in NOVA at one of my local shops, was checking it out yesterday. Gotta say I kind of like, dont think I'll get one as I'm not looking for a new 19 but I do kind of like it.

Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.
Old 25 January 2018, 00:08
0311/8651

Picked up my 19X today
Havenít shot it yet
I have a 31 and 43
My Fed agent friend supplies me with duty ammo
Old 26 January 2018, 01:14
Chuck Norris Approved

Lone Wolf displayed multiple Glock frames at Shot Show this year that will accommodate those looking for modularity. They are offering frames in the full size, mid, and compact that will accommodate any slide you run. So if you wanted to run a G17 slide on a G26 frame (not sure why you would) you can. I saw the G19X as well. Nothing to write home about in my opinion.

Our new posting rules