SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 26 January 2018, 10:22
0311/8651

Carrying my XGlock, will try to shoot Friday or Saturday. Didn’t feel well yesterday, new hip!! I’m carrying it on the waist, Desantis holster, 14 rds, 9mm gold dot.should be enough for any me, fighting off Communists and hadjis.
Old 26 January 2018, 10:46
Bitter old man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAP MARINE View Post
Carrying my XGlock, will try to shoot Friday or Saturday. Didnít feel well yesterday, new hip!! Iím carrying it on the waist, Desantis holster, 14 rds, 9mm gold dot.should be enough for any me, fighting off Communists and hadjis.
That's the spirit!
Old 10 February 2018, 17:05
Confirmed User

Was just reading this on SOF web lnk
Glock Makes Military Pistol Available on the Civilian Market

Initially designed to provide the Army with the very best personal protection sidearm in the world, now civilians can get access to the G19X pistol with Glockís very latest advances for maximum personal protection. Many Americans are concerned about scenarios like an armed home invasion or a deadly attack in a dark alley. One new

http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct?b=f5s0...fvQ1tD&l=N5GiD

http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct?b=IVqO...fvQ1tD&l=N5GiD
Old 10 February 2018, 17:49
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman43 View Post
Was just reading this on SOF web lnk
We don't link to them.
Old 17 February 2018, 10:12
Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
IIRC, the Gen5 has a 'tapered bore' similar to HK's MR556. Supposedly it's supposed to increase accuracy. Anyone noticed anything like that?
In the Gen.5's I've fired and observed - not yet. But then I haven't been able to get my hands on one long enough to wring-it out on a serious T&E. [I am also very interested in the HK MR556 as my next M4-Platform] The Gen.5 has annoyed me of late, there are a few things I like about it, but they are overshadowed by the obvious issues one notices when the weapon is first handled. Take the fitting of the beveled slide and the 'unfinished' mismatch to the frame.

WtF were they thinking?

Something I would have been just as disappointed seeing on a SiG, but not surprised. Glock - however - has always been 'form follows function' but there comes a point when someone has to step forward and admit they fuct-up.
they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Jeff Cooper
Old 17 February 2018, 11:32
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatbedder View Post
Take the fitting of the beveled slide and the 'unfinished' mismatch to the frame.
Yep, I have a hard time getting past that. Shoddy. Seems like they rushed it to market in the middle of the excitement about the 17M, and forgot to finish the Gen5 design.

I'll probably pick up a 19X at some point, but have no interest in the Gen5 at this time.
Old 17 February 2018, 11:51
0311/8651

Coffee at my starbucks, carrying my XGlock-115gr Super Vel ammo.shoots like a dream
Old 17 February 2018, 13:15
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAP MARINE View Post
Coffee at my starbucks, carrying my XGlock-115gr Super Vel ammo.shoots like a dream
You must dream better than me, all the guns in my dreams malfunction constantly.
Old 17 February 2018, 13:48
0311/8651

I thank my lucky stars that I had an M-16 of the later variety- not a 66-67 version.
Old 17 February 2018, 14:01
Unemployed Stunt Double

In reality, I had great weapons in combat (M4, SCAR-H, G19, Mk23, M-240B, M-249, Mk-19, A-10, AC-130, AH-64, MH-53, all sorts of goodness). In my dreams I have the same, they just always malf on me.
Old 17 February 2018, 14:21
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
You must dream better than me, all the guns in my dreams malfunction constantly.
I always have that recurring dream where I cannot find the right caliber bullets, or magazines , to go with the gun on hand - as danger and threats are getting closer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 17 February 2018, 17:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
I hadn't heard of it until now. Honestly, after taking a look at it, I guess the question that comes to mind is...why? I don't understand the purpose of the full size grip and compact slide. Why not just carry a Glock 17 and get the extra barrel length? The ability to conceal is the same. Now if they had done a Glock 17 length barrel and a Glock 19 grip, that I could understand. I do like their new extended magazines though.
The shorter slide would allow for a threaded barrel without going longer than the 17 and would be the only reason I can conceive of. Personally I think the pistol would need more work than its worth, as it comes with a bunch of parts I would need to immediately replace and would need the stupid foot of the frontstrap chopped off to put a discreet aluminum mag well in place; IMHO. I seriously weighed the idea for arriving at my decision to stay with the 17.
Old 17 February 2018, 19:00
Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
I hadn't heard of it until now. Honestly, after taking a look at it, I guess the question that comes to mind is...why? I don't understand the purpose of the full size grip and compact slide. Why not just carry a Glock 17 and get the extra barrel length? The ability to conceal is the same. Now if they had done a Glock 17 length barrel and a Glock 19 grip, that I could understand. I do like their new extended magazines though.
Here's another perspective - In the late 40's Colt was approached about re-configuring the M1911-A1 Gov't Model with a standard issue size frame in aluminum with a slightly shorter slide and re-chambering it in 9mm. They coined it the Commander Model. Years later - It became immensely popular in the original 45ACP format but with a steel frame called the Combat Commander. The rest is - well - history ... Marketing history. while the M1911 Platform has evolved to what it is today, I'm confident my fellow 1911-Cult Members & SME's in this forum will agree - The Colt Commander, Combat or otherwise - was a huge success.

I'm very interested in the 19X.
It would cover down nicely with any of my Commander's.
they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Jeff Cooper
Old 17 February 2018, 19:10
Unemployed Stunt Double

The specs on the 19X are due to the Army reqs for the contract that Sig ended up getting. No other big story or purpose behind it.
Old 1 March 2018, 16:20
0311/8651

Love my X19. Outshoots me
Old 1 March 2018, 19:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
In reality, I had great weapons in combat (M4, SCAR-H, G19, Mk23, M-240B, M-249, Mk-19, A-10, AC-130, AH-64, MH-53, all sorts of goodness). In my dreams I have the same, they just always malf on me.
That's actually really interesting you say that. Firearms always malfunction immediately in my dreams when shtf(so to speak) and I always have to use melee weapons or hands. I wonder if it's a fairly common phenomenon and I'm going to research it/Google when I get chance.
Old 30 March 2018, 07:12
Been There Done That

Just ordered a Glock 19X from Rural King. Good deal at $599. Looking forward to shooting and evaluating. On paper it looks outstanding and like the improvements/specs.

Old 30 March 2018, 07:33
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
Looks to me like an updated Gen 1. LGS heard the rumor the Gen4 was getting dropped?
I think it is now the Gen 3 getting dropped. No need for it really. I have Gen 3 and 4 versions of several models and prefer the Gen 4. I probably won't buy a Gen 5 unless its a G 34 MOS. I am confident that the Gen 5 G 37's will roll out shortly and I can finally make men out of the lot of you.
Old 30 March 2018, 08:05
Been There Done That

I would agree on the Gen 4. Have owned a couple of Gen 21s. Gen 2 and Gen 3. The newer Gen4 Glock 21 I have is much more accurate and seems to have less recoil - seems to me at least that the dual recoil spring dies indeed make a difference - whether in my perceived mind or reality, but does it for me.

Still not sold on the Gen 5 due to the front of the grip cut out, feels uncomfortable in the hand.

Old 30 March 2018, 08:16
Confirmed User

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Just ordered a Glock 19X from Rural King. Good deal at $599. Looking forward to shooting and evaluating. On paper it looks outstanding and like the improvements/specs.
Never heard of them, and just looked them up-- some really good deals on some non-firearms related items. Cheaper than TSC in a lot of areas...

Our new posting rules