SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 29 January 2018, 23:19
Administrator

Time to buy a can for the MPX 9mm

Suggestions on the best 9mm can?

Also considering doing the cutdown to 4.5" for the SD style. Any suggestions on who would be best to send it to and how much that will cost?
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 29 January 2018, 23:50
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post

Also considering doing the cutdown to 4.5" for the SD style. Any suggestions on who would be best to send it to and how much that will cost?
The best can? Shit, depends on what you need. You really don't need the best can. I have a whole bunch of AAC suppressors (in pistol and rifle calibers), and I am happy with them. Not the most expensive, but work for me. The best suppressors are probably Dead Air or Surefire, but they cost quadruple what a perfectly good suppressor from Sig, AAC, Silencerco, YHM, etc etc. will run. I highly recommend SilencerShop, they carry good stuff and are easy to deal with.

Since it is going on a subgun, it doesn't need a piston, which will keep your costs down as well.

For the cut down, I don't know who's good in your part of the world, but Rainier Arms in WA is good for that. You can ship to them. They have the prices on their web site for cut/thread services. Won't be more than a couple of hundred, tops.
Old 30 January 2018, 00:08
Six Minutes!

I'm VERY happy with the Silencerco Omega, (the K does 9mm and 300BO). Unfortunately it is my only model of can right now, and cannot compare it to others.

Seven … six … eleven … five … nine-an’-twenty mile today
Four … eleven … seventeen … thirty-two the day before —

"Just remember son, 80% of the people in this world are fucking idiots"- My Dad
Old 30 January 2018, 00:18
Unemployed Stunt Double

Biggest thing with cans is knowing what you want to do with it, and buying a can that can do what you need, and not paying a whole bunch more for features you don't need.

How much noise reduction do you need? What length/circumference/weight do you need? Does it need to be full-auto rated? Are you going to shoot multiple calibers through it? If you aren't going to shoot 5.56 through a 9mm can, you can get away with a cheaper can. Do you need the latest/greatest, or are you good with some "new old stock" that has been sitting on the shelf a few years?
Old 30 January 2018, 03:24
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post

I'm sending in my barrel to in about two weeks to these guys:
https://www.innovativearms.com/portf...-mpx-integral/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovative Arms
Yes, to send in your MPX barrel for the integral modification is $725 + shipping. The modification includes the barrel work and integral suppressor. The current turn around time is 3-5 business days. Per NFA rules, all suppressors must be transferred to an FFL / SOT dealer in your state. Once the dealer receives the shipment from us, they will transfer it to you on a form 4 (tax stamp). Please let us know if you have any questions.
Old 30 January 2018, 05:33
BTDT

IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
I met Phil (ie the owner of IA), about 15yrs ago. He was running his business, out of a 1/2 conex, in Elgin, SC. He was listed as an FFL holder & I used him to receive the Glocks I won through GSSF. Turned out, Phil was the only guy I could trust to do that. Several other FFLs/gun shops attempted to sell the guns that came in, under my name, & claim they never arrived (ie Palmetto Armory).

Phil or his wife Jenny, would personally call me, when the gun came in. I always ended up staying for another hour, after pick-up, and Phil would show me what he was working on. Mostly, @ that time, class 3 stuff.

Then came the suppressors...and he came up w/some stuff, that I had never seen before. I had shot: AAC, Surefire, knight's Armament, FN, etc

I bought his 5.56 mini-grunt & it's on my MK16S SCAR today. Wouldn't replace it w/anything out there.

Recommended.

Good shooting
Old 30 January 2018, 13:17
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
I think that is the ticket right there. I would never shoot it unsuppressed anyway if I have a suppressor for it, so may as well go integral.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 30 January 2018, 21:35
Animal Tamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockcqc View Post
I met Phil (ie the owner of IA), about 15yrs ago. He was running his business, out of a 1/2 conex, in Elgin, SC. He was listed as an FFL holder & I used him to receive the Glocks I won through GSSF. Turned out, Phil was the only guy I could trust to do that. Several other FFLs/gun shops attempted to sell the guns that came in, under my name, & claim they never arrived (ie Palmetto Armory).

Phil or his wife Jenny, would personally call me, when the gun came in. I always ended up staying for another hour, after pick-up, and Phil would show me what he was working on. Mostly, @ that time, class 3 stuff.

Then came the suppressors...and he came up w/some stuff, that I had never seen before. I had shot: AAC, Surefire, knight's Armament, FN, etc

I bought his 5.56 mini-grunt & it's on my MK16S SCAR today. Wouldn't replace it w/anything out there.

Recommended.

Good shooting
Sounds like a solid guy.
Old 1 February 2018, 05:20
BTDT

IA

He reminds me, of John Noveske.

Good shooting
Old 1 February 2018, 19:43
BTDT

subguns

...and, on that note It will be mine!..my precious.

https://youtu.be/eCXKz1QHbog

Our new posting rules