SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Areas of Expertise > Technology and Communications

Old 3 October 2019, 02:08
Nurse Ratched

I have the Arlo Pro 2 system connected to the Google WiFi pucks. I’m living in a camper at the farm while I’m building a house out of 2 40’ shipping containers. There is no internet here and even outside I only average 1-2 bars of AT&T service. To get signal I ended up with a Weboost cell phone booster next to a MOFI4500 modem/router with service through Net Buddy because AT&T was throttling me to death. Since I switched from the hotspot to Net Buddy my notifications are much faster.

Col. Robert W. Black
Old 22 December 2019, 21:51
Make a desert and call it peace.

Was there ever any feedback on the EufyCam systems? They "seem" to hit the benchmarks of price, local storage/privacy and capability for me. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Im about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnt do if you still had your weapons." L. Neil Smith

The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.
- Robert E. Lee
Old 23 December 2019, 07:24
Authorized Personnel

I bought a 5 pack of the Blink cameras from Amazon. Wife works nights and with me gone, we needed to check on the hired help that was supposed to take care of the dogs. I got the outdoor cameras.

One is mounted on the facia on the North end of the house, specifically to test the "outdoor" portion of the camera. Mounted it in October and it is handling snow and rain and freezing temps just fine.

The system uses an app on your phone, with it I can turn the motion sensitivity up or down, turn the camera on to see a live video. Speak through the camera, arm the system so that the motion sensors are on, or off. You can also take a still photo with the camera via the app. Very happy with the system. You need wifi and the hub needs an outlet. Each camera has two lithium AA batteries that should be pretty simple to replace. The video is stored in the cloud but can be downloaded.

I have three cameras in doors, on the entrances and the room where the dogs sleep. One is under the eaves of the garage and pointed towards the top of the driveway to cut down on the videos of people driving by.

So far worth the modest price and was a snap to set up. I had all 5 cameras up and synced within 30 minutes.
Old 23 December 2019, 08:40
Confirmed User

I am looking for a indoor camera I can monitor with my phone. It needs to be discreet. I am getting ready to travel heavily and need to monitor the inside of the house. No one but me lives in the house.
At work, we install PELCO, very expensive systems for security bases etc. These are server farm types, not home types. But, the surveillance capability out there would blow your mind what is possible now.
Old 3 January 2020, 00:07
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
I am looking for a indoor camera I can monitor with my phone. It needs to be discreet. I am getting ready to travel heavily and need to monitor the inside of the house. No one but me lives in the house.
At work, we install PELCO, very expensive systems for security bases etc. These are server farm types, not home types. But, the surveillance capability out there would blow your mind what is possible now.
Check out Arlo - affordable and very good. (I'm in the camera business too - analytics vendor - and I was pleasantly surprised by Arlo products)
Old 3 January 2020, 06:24
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIVERSTYX View Post
Check out Arlo - affordable and very good. (I'm in the camera business too - analytics vendor - and I was pleasantly surprised by Arlo products)
Thnx. Having a small camera on the road I can check on my hotel overseas via my phone app...
Old 5 January 2020, 14:54
Never to old to learn

Just had an up grade on my home system from ADT free, the only extra was the wireless Camera's for out side. not a bad price,
Old 24 July 2020, 18:58
Adding Chlorine

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoFiveMike View Post
Was there ever any feedback on the EufyCam systems? They "seem" to hit the benchmarks of price, local storage/privacy and capability for me. S/F....Ken M
Just ordered the newer eufycam 2 pro kit with two cameras and will provide feedback after install and opinion.

Deciding factors for me: offers local only storage, option to backup to NAS, and also Homekit Secure Video which will utilize my existing iCloud subscription.

Not As Lean, Not As Mean, Still A Marine
YAT YAS
Old 29 July 2020, 13:46
I reckon so. . .

I'm 24 hours in on this Camera->Amazon Link

Cheap at $66. Easy as heck to set-up. Video looks good. View looks good. Motion detection solid. And bonus, wireless with a 10k MAH battery within. It can recored to the Micro SD you install or to cloud.
Just bolt it to something, or sit it or however you want to mount it and use your phone to monitor, 2-way talk and set alerts upon detection.

Can add cameras and other phones to monitor with.

Crazy tech. I almost feel like it's 2020 finally.

*Victims* Hate Winners.
Old 30 July 2020, 00:18
No one special

I haven't seen the Wyze cams listed. I have both the Wyze cam and the Wyze Pan Cam. I added an SD into each of them. I have continuous recording on along with the geofence on. The cam overwrites previous events when the sd card is full. I basically use the triggered events as a timestamp so that I can scroll back to see what happened prior to the triggered event. They record video and sound. Super simple setup.
Old 30 July 2020, 06:22
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIVERSTYX View Post
I have the Arlo cameras and they are less than optimal. They really only work well when someone is moving toward the camera; the capture ability and responsiveness for side to side motion is horrible.

God made machine language; all the rest is the work of man.
Old 30 July 2020, 09:42
I reckon so. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by litepath View Post
I'm 24 hours in on this Camera->Amazon Link

Cheap at $66. Easy as heck to set-up. Video looks good. View looks good. Motion detection solid. And bonus, wireless with a 10k MAH battery within. It can recored to the Micro SD you install or to cloud.
Just bolt it to something, or sit it or however you want to mount it and use your phone to monitor, 2-way talk and set alerts upon detection.

Can add cameras and other phones to monitor with.

Crazy tech. I almost feel like it's 2020 finally.

Forgot to turn off alerts and motion detection this morning. Walking across my road and headed to the Shop, phone in back pocket the app pings me with an alert to the asshole walking across my street, LOL.

*Victims* Hate Winners.
Old 2 August 2020, 19:11
Never to old to learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by litepath View Post
Forgot to turn off alerts and motion detection this morning. Walking across my road and headed to the Shop, phone in back pocket the app pings me with an alert to the asshole walking across my street, LOL.
Did you safe the MUG SHOT of the perp

Our new posting rules