SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Areas of Expertise > Medical

Old 29 July 2020, 12:06
Confirmed User

PA School

I'm not sure if anyone here can help me out at all or not. A good friend of mine went missing last year up in AK and was never heard from since. http://socnet.com/showthread.php?t=135013

I've kept in touch with his family and his daughter was looking for help to try and get her daughter into PA School. I don't know very much about PA School and was wondering if anyone could be of any help to her.

Winston Churchill

Put a small child in a playpen with an apple and a bunny. If s/he eats the apple and plays with the bunny, s/he's normal;but if s/he eats the bunny and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car. Somewhere along the line we must have been TAUGHT to do the wrong thing.

Maynard James Keenan
Old 29 July 2020, 21:25

How far along the path to PA school is she?
Old 31 July 2020, 09:16
Confirmed User

She has 6 months to a year left in college. I guess she has organic chemistry left and wants to take it in a classroom over online course so she's waiting to see what the college is going to do.

Winston Churchill

Put a small child in a playpen with an apple and a bunny. If s/he eats the apple and plays with the bunny, s/he's normal;but if s/he eats the bunny and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car. Somewhere along the line we must have been TAUGHT to do the wrong thing.

Maynard James Keenan
Old 31 July 2020, 10:54
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jong View Post
She has 6 months to a year left in college. I guess she has organic chemistry left and wants to take it in a classroom over online course so she's waiting to see what the college is going to do.
Good choice / plan

O Chem is a gatekeeper class in a lot of PA programs. so good choice, again...

Is he looking to stay in AK, or will she travel for school?
Old 31 July 2020, 12:25
RIP SOTB, CASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixgun View Post
Good choice / plan

My nephew is on terminal leave. He was the 1/506th, 101st Airborne Battalion PA. He is taking a few months off then heading Oconus as a contractor. He broke the dark side family tradition of FDNY lol
Old 31 July 2020, 14:41
Been There Done That

Shoot me a PM - Been a PA > 20yrs....I may be able to provide some assistance.

PA
Old 31 July 2020, 14:45
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussfpa View Post

PA
Joe:

Hope you are doing well.
Old 31 July 2020, 14:51
Been There Done That

Thumbs up Better than I could have hoped...

Hi Terry,

ALL is MUCH better. I am walking and working again. My Neurosurgeon is impressed at my progress. I am not quite at maximum healing yet (1 year) but the feeling in my R leg is not expected to return and the partial lack of the same in my left is also looking permanent. None the less, I am WALKING, not peeing or pooping in a bag, and Shannon remains satisfied bedroom wise so I have no complaints. I'll never run again, but I hated running anyway
Thank you for your well wishes - I was fortunate enough to be promoted to lead advanced provider for our Trauma Center...I was humbled to say the least, honored to be sure. Plus I am back to teaching and mentoring PA students from the local universities. Very rewarding.
Stay well my friend.
Old 31 July 2020, 15:18
Confirmed User

Quote:

PA
It says you aren't accepting PM's. That sounds like you've been through some rough shit. Hope you keep getting better.

Winston Churchill

Maynard James Keenan
Old 31 July 2020, 16:29
BTDT

Quote:
Hi Terry,

ALL is MUCH better. I am walking and working again. My Neurosurgeon is impressed at my progress. I am not quite at maximum healing yet (1 year) but the feeling in my R leg is not expected to return and the partial lack of the same in my left is also looking permanent. None the less, I am WALKING, not peeing or pooping in a bag, and Shannon remains satisfied bedroom wise so I have no complaints. I'll never run again, but I hated running anyway
Thank you for your well wishes - I was fortunate enough to be promoted to lead advanced provider for our Trauma Center...I was humbled to say the least, honored to be sure. Plus I am back to teaching and mentoring PA students from the local universities. Very rewarding.
Stay well my friend.
love you Brother.
Old 2 August 2020, 04:35
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixgun View Post
Good choice / plan

She isn't in AK but is willing to go to a school she gets accepted to.

Winston Churchill

Maynard James Keenan
Old 3 August 2020, 08:52
Rage against the machine

Quote:
Hi Terry,

Stay well my friend.
That is great to hear.

USSFPA has offered his assistance. I'd take him up on it.
Old 3 August 2020, 10:42
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8654maine View Post
USSFPA has offered his assistance. I'd take him up on it.
I'd love to get his assistance, I just have no way to contact him because his account won't allow me to send him private messages.

Winston Churchill

Maynard James Keenan
Old 5 August 2020, 18:40
Been There Done That

I sent you a PM with my e-mail address....feel free to use it
Old 6 August 2020, 15:12
Confirmed User

Quote:
I sent you a PM with my e-mail address....feel free to use it
I didn't get your PM.

Winston Churchill

Maynard James Keenan

Our new posting rules