SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 6 October 2018, 10:47
Been There Done That

2018 US Mid-Term Elections

The article is from CNN. Three three key points of the analysis are interesting....

A President of consequence

There is more evidence than the soon-to-be reshaped Supreme Court and the roaring economy to make a case that Trump is building a substantial presidency that in many ways looks like a historic pivot point, despite its extremely controversial nature.

The voters will choose

Often the chaos and discord the President sows distracts from more successful aspects of his presidency, and his raging temperament and insistence on waging perpetual political warfare exhaust many voters.

The article's conclusion

But it's also no longer possible to credibly argue -- despite the distracting blizzard of controversy, busted decorum and staff chaos constantly lashing Washington -- that there is not something significant taking place that is changing the political and economic character of the nation itself.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/06/polit...omy/index.html

God made machine language; all the rest is the work of man.
Old 6 October 2018, 11:20
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDragLowSpeed View Post
...raging temperament and insistence on waging perpetual political warfare.....
Describes The Left™ perfectly, much more so than it does the POTUS.

We are not yet 2 years into the 8 years he will spend in the Oval Office, and it's just going to get better and better as we go. I can't wait to see the wailing, the gnashing of teeth and tearing out of hair that is going to accompany what happens to the Dems at the polls in a month.

"True love knows the real thing, baby
There's nowhere to hide
It hears every word you never say
And sees through every lie"
Old 6 October 2018, 12:19
Been There Done That

I intuit that the GOP will lose seats in the House & yhat the equation in the Senate will change very little. ..

I'm likely way off base, however, and there could be a wave in either direction.

Polling tells us little now, as even the most accurate polls are only accurate about what folks are willing to say publicly.

Ask a Jew in Germany in 1940 whether the party of Hitler is good or not - you'll likely not get the honest answer...

The leftist in this country have done a phenomenal job of shaping the battlespace...

Fir the DNC, at this point, to hold on to what they have is a victory. To get ahead is a great victory...
Old 6 October 2018, 12:25
Confirmed User

We have a Senate seat election in Ohio next month. Its about 10 points in the Dem incumbent's favor right now so I'm assuming it will stay that way.

Wish we could bus some folks over from the more red areas to vote here like the Dems do...
Old 6 October 2018, 14:39
Researcher @ Large

Some bus, some gerrymander; neither is in it for the good of the nation. Just the party and the power elite.

Looking forward to another four years of corruption* here either way!

* Not like, Chinese or 3rd-world nation corruption, let me be clear.
Old 6 October 2018, 14:59
Been There Done That

What corruption are you talking about?
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when I’m attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 6 October 2018, 16:53
Confirmed User

I was interestingly surprised to see two unions (IAFF and PA State Education Association) supporting the incumbent Republican in my district. Unfortunately, the new Sheriff (who is a democrat, but whom I heard was good people) was on TV last week endorsing the Democrat challenger. To quote a friend of mine who knows the sheriff, "Milt endorsed Wallace? Damn, he must have gone full retard." How often do we see unions (aside from the police unions with a DA) endorsing a Republican candidate?
Old 7 October 2018, 01:43
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hile View Post
I was interestingly surprised to see two unions (IAFF and PA State Education Association) supporting the incumbent Republican in my district. Unfortunately, the new Sheriff (who is a democrat, but whom I heard was good people) was on TV last week endorsing the Democrat challenger. To quote a friend of mine who knows the sheriff, "Milt endorsed Wallace? Damn, he must have gone full retard." How often do we see unions (aside from the police unions with a DA) endorsing a Republican candidate?
Trump has quietly had a working relationship with the AFL-CIO lately because of all the manufacturing job growth.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 7 October 2018, 08:27
Been There Done That

Here in RI we have Senator Shithouse (Whitehouse/Judiciary Committee) running for reelection. He is running against former Judge Flanders who is well known as a fair Judge. Whitehouse was up in the polls a few weeks ago, now it's getting closer after Shithouse made a fool of himself in the Hearings. I would really like to see a change here in RI. But I doubt it. RI is a Hornet's Nest of Liberals. Fuckers.
Old 7 October 2018, 11:16
Been There Done That

Another interesting article in the New York Times. Something is going on here.....

Quote:
For Once, I’m Grateful for Trump
In the president, one big bully stands up to others.

I’m grateful because Trump has not backed down in the face of the slipperiness, hypocrisy and dangerous standard-setting deployed by opponents of Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court. I’m grateful because ferocious and even crass obstinacy has its uses in life, and never more so than in the face of sly moral bullying. I’m grateful because he’s a big fat hammer fending off a razor-sharp dagger.

--snip---

This is a rhetorical sleight of hand in three acts: Elide the one question that really matters; raise a secondary set of “questions” that are wholly the result of the question you’ve decided to ignore; call for “another candidate” because it will push confirmation hearings past the midterms, which was the Democratic objective long before most anyone had ever heard of Blasey’s allegation.

--snip---

Uncorroborated plus uncorroborated plus largely uncorroborated is not the accumulation of questions, much less of evidence. It is the duplication of hearsay.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/04/o...legations.html
The author walks through a number of key points that frankly make a lot of sense. I realize that it is an opinion page piece but still the NYT published it.

God made machine language; all the rest is the work of man.
Old 7 October 2018, 12:51
RIP SOTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopp700 View Post
Here in RI we have Senator Shithouse (Whitehouse/Judiciary Committee) running for reelection. He is running against former Judge Flanders who is well known as a fair Judge. Whitehouse was up in the polls a few weeks ago, now it's getting closer after Shithouse made a fool of himself in the Hearings. I would really like to see a change here in RI. But I doubt it. RI is a Hornet's Nest of Liberals. Fuckers.
I donated to Flanders. Matter of fact, I've donated against several Democrats outside of my state. I hope Fffffffff...landers beats Shitehouse.
Old 7 October 2018, 13:01
Moving Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobofthedesert View Post
Describes The Left™ perfectly, much more so than it does the POTUS.

We are not yet 2 years into the 8 years he will spend in the Oval Office, and it's just going to get better and better as we go. I can't wait to see the wailing, the gnashing of teeth and tearing out of hair that is going to accompany what happens to the Dems at the polls in a month.
the wicked are squirming.
Old 7 October 2018, 13:09
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Another interesting article in the New York Times. Something is going on here...
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/06/politics/donald-trump-presidency-supreme-court-economy/index.html

CNN is grudgingly admitting that Trump has kept his campaign promises to the best of his ability and can convincingly make a case that he deserves re-election. Yes, that CNN.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 7 October 2018, 13:44
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET1/ss nuke View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/06/politics/donald-trump-presidency-supreme-court-economy/index.html

CNN is grudgingly admitting that Trump has kept his campaign promises to the best of his ability and can convincingly make a case that he deserves re-election. Yes, that CNN.
CNN is just feeling market pressure - Ratings are in the shitter so they are angling to straddle the fence...

Too little too late, I hope...
Old 7 October 2018, 18:29
Make a desert and call it peace.

Filthy deceivers are trying to get some credibility/trust back, targeting the gullible.

As for Grahmnesty, you need to use the carrot as well as the stick. When he does good, he merits praise. Not too much, but you should always make a distinct difference in your treatment of both enemies and friends. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith
Old 7 October 2018, 18:34
Confirmed User

In the Senate race in Tennessee, polls have consistently shown a dead heat. After the shit show of last week, Blackburn (R) has opened a 50-42 lead. Several of my friends that were leaning towards Bredesen (D) have now said there’s no way they could vote for any Democrat after that spectacle. The fact this is a close race is more about Bredesen’s popularity than a blue wave.
Old 7 October 2018, 18:52
Life is simple, not easy.

Quote:
Another interesting article in the New York Times. Something is going on here.....

The author walks through a number of key points that frankly make a lot of sense. I realize that it is an opinion page piece but still the NYT published it.
Bret Stephens is a never-Trumper so it's not just any opinion piece, in my opinion. Now he isn't a Bill Kristol or Jennifer Rubin, or some of the others who believe we should elect Dems to stop the "destruction of the GOP," but Bret has been pretty consistent in hammering Trump when he felt the need (often), or providing kudos when warranted.

I read a lot of blue check never-Trumpers on Twitter and it's not as if they want an unsuccessful Republican Party just to stick it to Trump. But many of them have expressed thanks for Trump's hard core stance during the Kavanaugh hearings. It also helps Kavanaugh was a member of the GOPe going back to Ken Starr's investiagation and GWB's admin.
Old 7 October 2018, 19:01
Life is simple, not easy.

I don't have the link but the Generic Poll asked "how enthusiastic are you for the 2018 midterms" and the Dems had a 12 point lead in July. Today that lead is 2 points, which is a statistical tie.

I believe since last October, the combination of Dem Generic Poll losses + Repub Generic Poll wins is something like minus-21 for the Dems.

Yesterday after the confirmation Mitch McConnell said: "We owe the Dems a favor. They've done something we have struggled to do: energize our base."

Asked it he'd advise POTUS to choose a conservative nominee should RBG retire? "Of course." (Seriously they asked him that question, as if Dems have been playing nice-nice last 40 years with their colluding MSM partners )
Old 7 October 2018, 19:24
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopp700 View Post
RI sucks. At least the northern half.
Old 7 October 2018, 19:46
Been There Done That

[QUOTE=Macka;1058753764]RI sucks. At least the northern half.[/QUOT

Like MA is any better??????
Come on now......

Our new posting rules