Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 13 January 2017, 16:06
Confirmed User

The Al Ahwaz brigade launched attacks against IRGC troops two days ago and pledged to increase actions throughout 2017 (Al Ahwaz are extremist Sunnis based in the south western area of Iran)

PDKI attacked a checkpoint yesterday with dshka fire. Unconfirmed deaths on irgc side. PDKI had no wounded or killed.
Old 13 January 2017, 18:29
Confirmed User

And in 2010/2011 they tried to kill me too. But Hiwqani is nationalist over Islamist 90% of the time. They see jihas as a requirement against coalition forces (fuckers tried to kill me in 2010 with ied ) but they are not islamists according to us definition. They are seperatists and should be treated as such. Our gov by using drone strikes made things worse tribally.
Old 19 January 2017, 16:23
Confirmed User

Al ahwaz brigade attacked iranian checkpoint a couple hours ago using small arms fire. No word on casualties etc.

There is news of a new Kurd based militant movement moving into areas of Iran. Unlike previously they are opening recruitment to balochs, azeris and other ethnic groups in Iran. Unsure if it will become a actual threat or not yet. We shall see this spring when passes open up and what they can accomplish as far as coordination amongst other resistant movements. They are Islamic and Shia as well but are platforming on democratic secularist values.

Last edited by RedBull; 19 January 2017 at 16:51.
Old 10 March 2017, 17:54
Confirmed User

Been a bit busy so I haven't updated. Anyhow updates:
mosul:Its fucked I saw some western troops and unknown if they recognized me. I was the one speaking fusa arabic(traditional). Anyhow the pdki is pushing larger scale training, battalion + movements.
there's been meetings between the Iranian groups on coordination and amending the rivalaries. (Spelled that way wrong).
The rohjelat is both pdki and Komala now have non Kurd actors armed in Tehran, and other areas.
It's looking like 2017 the fight will be brought to the cities and not just the Kurdish areas.
we've also developed a portable sim-EFP that defeats reactive armor and is no larger then a watermelon using arduino comptrollers and Motorola receivers. Tests done show it'll pierce armor at 100m and by using the arduino boards its literally a drop n deploy device.

Sazmani xebat is growing in support (last Islamic kurd party in iran) Komala and pdki have increased numbers by a total of 1800 this winter. Total rohjelat force is right above 10k armed and equipped now. With 8k roughly in inner Iran. Whether they fully start actions is to be seen.
Komala is gaining roughly 38 members a month predominantly youth (18+). The call for war is growing amongst the parties. And with the addition of western weaponry including Soviet AA its becoming more of a reality.

Whether the west likes it of not, 20!7 and on its looking likely that there will be a full blown insurgency striking at Iranian forces. The youth now outnumber the old school Kurdish forces. It's a showdown where the youth will take over.

The group in my last post is proposing a TAK approach. Bombing mass transit places, police, and other gov buildings. The reality of a full blown issue within Iranian kurdistan is coming to a full front. In the past many analysts said it wouldn't happen, but they've swarmed with western weapons, engaged in recruiting mass amounts of forces and are gaining political popularity in the cities not villages now. If it leads to a PKK V Turkey outcome we shall see.

They definitely have gained the firepower to inflict severe damage on Iran due to the war on ISIS.

Last edited by RedBull; 10 March 2017 at 18:03.
Old 10 March 2017, 18:04
Confirmed User

AA weapons are new strelas and also pre ghaddafi overthrow strelas.
Old 10 March 2017, 18:11
Confirmed User

Our SIM-EFP is a mix of reinforced steel with a final copper core set in stages.I'll post pictures here shortly of it when given permission to release the info after newroz celebrations.
Old 10 March 2017, 19:31
What could possibly go wrong?

Please at least once pop some Iranian motherfucker with the EFP. I/we owe them a few re EFP's.

Our new posting rules