SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Company Vetting and RFI

Old 3 November 2012, 07:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPDefender View Post
Not quite that long, but its a while. Also depends on your status - guys that get on the list with prior WPS or Academi/BW experience are deploying before those w/o experience on the contract. Thats part of the reason nobody is told their bench # anymore.
Not true. The reason guys are not getting thier #s anymore is because WPS certified guys agreed to do static in Helmand with the promise they would come back to the states when they reached 30 on "the list". Guys that were behind them on the list have deployed to A-stan for PSS jobs. Ex BW guys have no precedence, I can gaurantee.
Old 3 November 2012, 22:35
Confirmed User

I don't recruit for, speak for, have any administrative duties or affiliation whatsoever with Academi besides being a guy that's in the same process everyone on here is.. waiting for vetting and deployment:

If the company has 100 billable positions for PSS, they'll only deploy 100 guys.

They'll have 25 other guys in rotation on those teams for leave, family emergencies, dudes quitting, whatever.

Then they'll have a few more guys who have gone to vetting, have all their paperwork and stuff ready but are sitting on the bench waiting to get into that 125 guy rotation.

From what I understand, a company only gets reimbursed for your vetting after you deploy and fill a slot. So all the guys that have been to vetting and are ready to go, the company wants to deploy you they just don't have a slot. Not because you're awesome or super handsome or have wicked nunchaku skills or anything, but because they want their money for vetting you back.

For those of you that have a clearance, are bio approved, and have waited 3.. 4.. 5 months for a course it's likely because they're full up on PSS guys. The good news is that with that long of a hang time it probably means there isn't much turnover and guys really like the work. The bad news is it probably means there isn't much turnover and guys aren't quitting and going home and opening up slots. Don't quit your jobs and if you don't have one then go get one while you wait. Stick with it until the company calls you with a class date and sends you an itinerary. If they sponsored your clearance and stuff, they spent money on you, they want you to come to work.

Being leadership, a DDM or a medic speeds it along a little and last time I got a plane ticket inside of 2 weeks from the WPS course while other guys hung out for 5 months. As soon as I'm done with the course this time, I'm coming home and going back to work because it could be months before they call me. They might be full up on medics and deploy every SL I go to the course with or vice versa. From what little I've seen, the PSS wait time is longer.

Any clin'd position is probably going to end up flying faster so, don't take anyone else's plane ticket as indicative of yours. When your email has an attachment that says "itinerary" with your name on it, go ahead and get ready.

It's how I'm doing it anyway.
Old 3 November 2012, 23:51
Lost to PTSD AUG 2014 RIP Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by hop6236 View Post
For those of you that have a clearance, are bio approved, and have waited 3.. 4.. 5 months for a course

Being leadership, a DDM or a medic speeds it along a little and last time I got a plane ticket inside of 2 weeks from the WPS course while other guys hung out for 5 months.
Could this be a business strategy? I mean if you think about it 80% of these bio approved and cleared bencher's aren't going to their competitors to work for at least a few months. This just popped into my head, and it could make sense I guess. I'm not saying this would or could be the case and hop sounds like he has the right theory.
Old 4 November 2012, 07:56
Confirmed User

Well

I think the company gets paid strictly by the numbers or at least as strict as government accountability goes.

So if they are supposed to have 50 PSS guys, 10 SL's and 10 medics...
And they have 60 PSS guys, 8 medics and 6 SL's..

... then they are being fined for the 2 medics and 4 SL's they're short and since their contract is only for 50 PSS guys then the extra 10 guys are all overhead (being paid for out of pocket). So when a class date opens up, all the "critical" CLIN's will go first and fly first. Further, last contract we had a lot of overhead dudes and they made the company find housing for them elsewhere, out of pocket, which compounded the costs and explains why the bench isn't in-country instead of on your sofa.

Now take all this with a grain of salt because I just started WPS in early 2011 and I'm just a PSS/EMT and not in charge of anything. There are guys on this forum that have run or are currently running contracts, so anything I say is superseded by them, but I see a lot of guys wondering, "Did the company forget me?" or "Is something wrong with my clearance?" or "Are they giving precedent to other BW guys?"

I'd say no, it's just that if you're not a critical CLIN then you won't get a ticket until they need you to plug that hole.

Last edited by hop6236; 4 November 2012 at 08:01. Reason: Had to straighten out some poor grammar.
Old 4 November 2012, 14:07
Lost to PTSD AUG 2014 RIP Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by hop6236 View Post
I think the company gets paid strictly by the numbers or at least as strict as government accountability goes. So if they are supposed to have 50 PSS guys, 10 SL's and 10 medics...And they have 60 PSS guys, 8 medics and 6 SL's..
I think there has to be a bench as well - as per the contract

There are guys on this forum that have run or are currently running contracts.
And I imagine those guys just laugh there asses off at us, because we all think we are "in the know." And I imagine some get furious when someone posts some dumb shit as well. Maybe one day, a long time from now I will be one of those guys laughing my ass off reading some of the ridiculous theories in these threads.
Old 5 November 2012, 11:12
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trig View Post
And I imagine those guys just laugh there asses off at us, because we all think we are "in the know." And I imagine some get furious when someone posts some dumb shit as well. Maybe one day, a long time from now I will be one of those guys laughing my ass off reading some of the ridiculous theories in these threads.
Lord knows you have plenty to choose from.
Old 5 November 2012, 22:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPSPSS View Post
Not true. The reason guys are not getting thier #s anymore is because WPS certified guys agreed to do static in Helmand with the promise they would come back to the states when they reached 30 on "the list". Guys that were behind them on the list have deployed to A-stan for PSS jobs. Ex BW guys have no precedence, I can gaurantee.
just relaying what was told to me by a very high ranking HR member in her office about a month and a half ago.
Old 6 November 2012, 22:53

Quote:
just relaying what was told to me by a very high ranking HR member in her office about a month and a half ago.
Oh, since you have hard evidence, you must be right....... as you sit on your ass at home. Thanks for passing rumors.
Old 6 November 2012, 23:04
Administrator

Quote:
Last time I checked, we have a policey about unverified 2d hand info. Don't post it.

I'm also not clear on what a very high ranking HR member.
Old 7 November 2012, 23:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPSPSS View Post
Oh, since you have hard evidence, you must be right....... as you sit on your ass at home. Thanks for passing rumors.
Its only a rumor if the hr director there is spreading rumors...which is most likely not the case. she told it to myself and several others directly - in her office - in late September.

And you are correct...currently sitting on my ass at home....but hopefully only for another few days. Best of luck over there.
Old 8 November 2012, 07:39
Send it....

FPDefender,

Good luck bro hopefully we're all boots on the ground soon.
Old 14 November 2012, 00:19

Final clearance last week. Email said next class date is Jan. Anyone else get this?
Old 14 November 2012, 04:47

I have not heard anything. I hope this is true and I get a school seat. I started everything back in Feb 2012 final Clearance Jun 26, a lot of people have been waiting for a school seat. How long ago did u start doing this? Are you guaranteed a school seat for the January class? Have they sent you an itinerary?
Old 27 December 2012, 02:42

I started in April of 2012. Yes I have a verified class date, seat and itinerary.

Our new posting rules