Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Company Vetting and RFI

Old 5 July 2012, 17:32

SOC: WPS PSS vetting

Just wonding if anyone here is currently in the vetting process with SOC. BIO/Clearance/Class ect. I just submitted my E-Qip just anout three Weeks ago. I haven't heard anything. I was told there is a PSS class on the 7/27. PM Me if you want

Thanks
Old 5 July 2012, 21:43

The curriculum is along the same lines as any of the big names running in the WPS contract for DoS. This website has lots of info, run some searches on WPS.

BIO: if you're submitting your eQIP, your bio was approved. This part is pretty cut and dry, takes 1-3 weeks for approval.

Clearance: can take 30-90 days. Mine took 30 and some change. Clearances are similar to the DoD format, just online (eQIP). Without any major red flags (DUI, domestic incidences, money problems, etc) you should be good to go. They come when they come, nothing will expedite this process, and your company will tell you when its complete (dont pester anybody at DoS or the company even, they'll let you know). All the big companies have clearance people that know the verbage and they'll point you in the right direction and help folks through it.

Class: Most of the big companies will not schedule people for training until the clearance process is complete. There are exceptions (usually medics, or when they're short staffed), but with most your clearance is your golden ticket. The curriculum will vary slightly company to company as most have their own training centers. However, they all comply to the DoS format and are typically around 35-41 days in length. I believe SOC's is 40. For guys who have already done a WPS course, they do offer transition courses that are shorter. If youre going into a specialty position (EMT, DDM, etc) there can be follow on training of varying length. Be ready on your PEB, nothing says "I suck" like failing something they warned you about months ahead of time. They should have sent you what the standards are, if not, google "FLETC PEB", 70% is the standard for MOST companies.

In regard to getting info, its usually best to just go straight to the recruiter or head of the department you're needing to contact with the company you're applying with. You'll finds all sorts of mixed info on the web, especially in forums. Some will be accurate, some will be completely bananas, and some will be a mix of the 2.

My only advice is NOTHING is a guaranteed in the contracting biz. Be prepared to look out for numero uno (YOU). Be flexible to an extent, and know these companies are money driven, and will conduct themselves accordingly(they're out for them, not you, never forget that). When you get a route to a paycheck TAKE IT. And while you have it, squirrel money away, and save like it could be your last paycheck for a long ass time, because that happens on the reg. Feel free to PM me, the WPS process can be an ass pain, and I'm pretty familiar with it. SOC does have a class that date, but as always no guarantees they're putting people into it that they're hiring now, best source for that info would be a recruiter for SOC. Hope that answered a few questions for you
Old 5 July 2012, 21:47

on a quick side note, ALWAYS use the forum search tool before posting questions. 9 times out of 10 its been discussed to nauseum at one point or another. WPS vetting is a frequented topic around here. People tend to get bent out of shape when repeat questions pop up.
Old 5 July 2012, 22:09

Great advice! Your post was right on. Thanks for taking the time

Our new posting rules