Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Areas of Expertise > Technology and Communications

Old 5 April 2018, 08:29
BTDT

The Complete Privacy and Security Podcast

@Little Fix - Thanks hoss, I actually *didn't* have this one, thought I did.

Here's your Bachelors Degree people - 73 Hours of free training and they have some books too.

Episode 039 is a good one on Mobile Phones, which we were discussing about the Austin asshole.

Episode 037 is about Phone Encryption (and computers).

https://inteltechniques.com/podcast.html
Old 5 April 2018, 11:23
Divides by zero

Great stuff here. I've listened to a few so far. Thanks for sharing
Old 5 April 2018, 12:04
Swimming Upstream

I got turned onto the Podcast after sitting in one of his OSINT seminars.
- Faith involves believing in the veracity of the unprovable and unobservable, whether that consists of religion or theoretical physics, which at the very subatomic level start looking rather similar. -ET1/SS Nuke
Old 7 April 2018, 12:18
Been There Done That

I think they get a little too deep for the average listener in a handful of the episodes but the information is certainly thought-provoking and extremely good as a jumping off point for more research.

The blog posts and tools they reference are very handy. They do a great job making it easy for anyone to clean up their digital footprint and offer strategies to move forward with. I'm a big fan, as you can probably tell.
Old 16 April 2018, 09:19
Ungood

Just had the chance to take a peak. Really good podcasts so far. Thanks for sharing.
Old 16 April 2018, 16:19
Swimming Upstream

For those who are interested, he runs an online training course. I'm on a monthly subscription.
- Faith involves believing in the veracity of the unprovable and unobservable, whether that consists of religion or theoretical physics, which at the very subatomic level start looking rather similar. -ET1/SS Nuke
Old 16 April 2018, 20:55
As Above So Below

I didn't find that yet. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I will be looking into it!
Old 17 April 2018, 06:22
Swimming Upstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhea View Post
I didn't find that yet. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I will be looking into it!
Are you looking for the website or podcast? Podcast is in the Itunes store and website is the link Poly posted.
Old 18 April 2018, 00:28
As Above So Below

The online training course is what I will look for. Right now I'm trying to jump the learning curve a little bit on my current router. When the swelling in my brain goes down, I will go back to the website and look around some more! I need to make a note to check it, because this thread will get buried and I wont see it when I'm ready to learn something again. This stuff makes my head hurt But, I always feel better when I manage to do something right without crashing my whole system.

I can only manage things in smaller amounts...if I don't put it into practice then it doesn't make sense. I pick one or two things to improve and then come back and do some more when I understand it better.
Old 18 April 2018, 13:17
Been There Done That

Take a look at this 30-day security challenge from Justin's website. He breaks this stuff down into a simple manageable process that you can do step by step without going crazy. I highly recommend this process to my friends as it gives them a baseline cleanup without getting too in depth and scaring them away.

https://operational-security.com/thi...ity-challenge/
Old 18 April 2018, 21:21
Swimming Upstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhea View Post
The online training course is what I will look for. Right now I'm trying to jump the learning curve a little bit on my current router. When the swelling in my brain goes down, I will go back to the website and look around some more! I need to make a note to check it, because this thread will get buried and I wont see it when I'm ready to learn something again. This stuff makes my head hurt But, I always feel better when I manage to do something right without crashing my whole system.

I can only manage things in smaller amounts...if I don't put it into practice then it doesn't make sense. I pick one or two things to improve and then come back and do some more when I understand it better.
If you are looking to learn computer/networking-that site is not for you. If you are seeking to learn how to do OSINT investigations or learn how to increase your privacy posture then it is for you.
Old 19 April 2018, 01:42
As Above So Below

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Purple36;

Increasing my privacy posture would be main goal. Learning to use the tools he has is a goal as well. The OSINT info is just a bonus. Interesting.
Old 19 April 2018, 02:22
Authorized Personnel

I spent the money on the books awhile ago and still use them regularly. His website has absolutely been one of my greatest resources.
Old 9 June 2018, 08:06
Divides by zero

I wanted to give another vote for this Podcast. I’ve learned quite a bit from them so far. They do go deep on some issues but there is plenty of info for the layman like myself. After implementing just a few of their strategies I feel I have better control of my online presence.
Basically, de-googleing my life.
The most beneficial things so far:

1)Stop giving companies my real info. Easy to do sometimes, harder to do All the time.
2) Quit pretending your good at passwords and their management. Use a password manager. This alone has saved me hours per week.
3) VPN is not an option. Every device, all the time.
4) Small changes now removes you from the massive lists of personal data out there for grabbing.

Again, I’m a layman, but this Podcast has the answers I’ve been looking for. Lots to learn.
Old 11 June 2018, 10:37
Been There Done That

Glad to see more people paying attention. This is important stuff for the future that not enough people are keeping up with and it'll end up biting those in the ass who are slow to get on board.

Our new posting rules