Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 17 September 2017, 08:34
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok88 View Post
lol. Yeah, that sounds about right.

Texas brought a good fight to USC. I wish I could have stayed up to watch the OT.
Texas keeping it close surprised me. Their Defense was amazing. The OC needs to be fired.
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Iím attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 17 September 2017, 09:54
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamppirate View Post
Ummm 64-17.....Blacksburg is rockin'
The line was 22; one of my docs thought that was conservative given how closely they have played in the past (and ECU has beat them more than once).

I told him I'd take it; ECU is having an extremely bad year with a new DC.
Old 17 September 2017, 12:24
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

I caught pretty much the whole USC/Texas game last night, one of the better college games I've seen in awhile. Thought Texas would pull it out, but in the end USC squeaked by.

So, I didn't get to see a top 4 team beat but did see it back on its heels. In fact, they would have lost the game in regulation if they hadn't played out the entire first half and scored that TD with 5 seconds remaining (which is actually a credit to them, too many teams simply take a knee and head to the locker room to regroup).

Still, it begs the question: Is Texas a much better team than their record and lack of standing in the polls indicate? Or is USC perhaps a bit overrated?

Time will tell, I don't expect the polls to look anything like they are right now in about 8 weeks.
Old 17 September 2017, 12:30
RIP Cass and SOTB

IMO USC is seriously overrated. I think they will get exposed even further than they have by Texas and the scrub team they opened the season with. I think they are similar to Ohio State with getting ranked by ESPN every year regardless of how many games they lost the year before.

I also think Penn State is going to get exposed when they play actual competition. They have tons of talent. But ultimately I don't honk the are deserving of that #5 ranking. Oklahoma is also suspect. I think Oklahoma State beats them and pulls them out of playoff contention.
Old 17 September 2017, 12:37
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar View Post
Texas keeping it close surprised me. Their Defense was amazing. The OC needs to be fired.
Yep! However, after letting USC score with 5 seconds left in the half, I didn't think they would let it happen again in the 4th. Still a great game though.
Old 17 September 2017, 12:59

USC might be one of the sleepers this year, not unlike Clemson last year when they squeaked by a lot of opponents but then went on to win the "playoff".

NIU beat Nebraska and all the sports anchors on the news are going nuts, I just don't get it. I could see the excitement if Nebraska was ranked in the top 10 or something, but they didn't even get ranked before the season began.

NIU is an enigma, always on the cusp of doing something special but never quite getting there.
Old 17 September 2017, 21:06
Reverse Apache Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar View Post
Doesn't Herman run the offense? Lol.

Giving the enemy a boner is half the battle. --Jungle Recon
Old 18 September 2017, 13:42
Been There Done That

HOW ABOUT THEM GATORS?????

Talk about going big or going home...

Wow!!
Old 18 September 2017, 14:05
Confirmed User

The Gators were trying to lose that game until they accidentally won it... :)
Old 18 September 2017, 14:15
Confirmed User

I love watching Wisconsin play.....they just line up and smash you in the face running the ball. Their O-line averages 6'6" 320, and watching them pound the defensive line is a thing of beauty.

Old School!
Old 23 September 2017, 10:26
Authorized Personnel

It's been 3 weeks since Florida State played and got beat by Bama and in the process lost our starting QB. The irony is that the Bama player who tackled Francois graduated from FSU HS here in Tallahassee. We also had to drop one game due to Irma which can't be made up. Going to be interesting to see how the rest of the season shakes out. Go Noles!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Been around the world and found
That only stupid people are breeding
The cretins cloning and feeding
And I don't even own a tv
Old 23 September 2017, 15:06

Looks like your Seminoles are on the ropes again, to everybody's favorite spoiler in the college football world, NC State.

I was watching the early part of that game, NC State is pretty good and again, FSU does not look like a team that should have been ranked #2 to start the season, much less as a top 20 team right now.

Edit: just looked at the score again, NC State leading 27-16. NC State has their foot on FSU's neck with a little over 6 minutes to go in the game.

Last edited by Spinner; 23 September 2017 at 15:22.
Old 23 September 2017, 15:24
Authorized Personnel

I know... I'm at the game. I swear our O line is trying to get our remaining QB injured too. Chubb is the real deal though....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Been around the world and found
That only stupid people are breeding
The cretins cloning and feeding
And I don't even own a tv
Old 23 September 2017, 15:33
Been There Done That

I'm absolutely convinced if I watch my tm play it is they're demise. (WVU)

I come in at halftime they're ahead 13 pts. I watch the game, Kansas gets close...WVU offense dies. I turn the channel they go up again by 15 pts.

This isn't the first time I've tested this theory.

I can't take the stress.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 23 September 2017, 15:48
Confirmed User

The Vols managed to win vs UMASS but they looked horrible. Butch Jones has completely lost the fan base as the stadium was only about 25% full in the second half and there was lots of booing. Vegas now has odds on him being the first SEC coach fired. Too bad he has three years left on his contract and I don't think the university will pony up for the buyout.
Old 23 September 2017, 15:57

Today I am a big Vanderbilt fan, even though Cutler played for them.

Go Commodores!
Old 23 September 2017, 16:08
Moving Target

Well VaTech is looking good and WVa won so Im happy. I wanted FSU to win but that didnt happen, Now Im a big Vandy fan! and going to Pull for Miss State tonight.
Old 23 September 2017, 17:25
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
Today I am a big Vanderbilt fan, even though Cutler played for them.

Go Commodores!
Looks like Bama had other plans. The best chance for a top 5 upset looks like Cal vs USC, tied at 13 going into the half.
Old 23 September 2017, 17:58
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
Looks like your Seminoles are on the ropes again, to everybody's favorite spoiler in the college football world, NC State.

I was watching the early part of that game, NC State is pretty good and again, FSU does not look like a team that should have been ranked #2 to start the season, much less as a top 20 team right now.

Edit: just looked at the score again, NC State leading 27-16. NC State has their foot on FSU's neck with a little over 6 minutes to go in the game.

NC State always plays FSU hard. NCSU was FSU's first ACC loss when they came into the league. This outcome should not surprise anyone.
Old 23 September 2017, 19:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeDave View Post
Looks like Bama had other plans. The best chance for a top 5 upset looks like Cal vs USC, tied at 13 going into the half.
I think Vandy secretly signed a pact with all of the teams that are coming after them on Alabama's schedule to get totally blown out, so as to lull Alabama into a sense of complacency.

They've got the Tide right where they want them.

As for the Cal/USC game, USC has taken over. The interception (or was it a fumble? No matter, the USC DT picked it off in the air) at Cal's 1 yard line was a killer, after that it's been all USC.

Our new posting rules