Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 15 February 2017, 16:29
Been There Done That

That is effing funny! My barber, a very hot 30ish MILF, keeps trying to upsell me into some color. Fuck that! I keep going shorter and shorter every year to hide the gray. My old man looked like Col. Sanders. I'd rather be bald than be that.
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Iím attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 15 February 2017, 16:30
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar View Post
That is effing funny! My barber, a very hot 30ish MILF, keeps trying to upsell me into some color. Fuck that! I keep going shorter and shorter every year to hide the gray. My old man looked like Col. Sanders. I'd rather be bald than be that.
Yep...my policy is...the more I lose, the shorter it gets cut.
Old 15 February 2017, 16:47
Another pool cleaner

Just get a mohawk.
Old 15 February 2017, 17:54
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azatty View Post
That I let my wife talk me into .... I can't find a paper bag in downtown Phoenix big enough to fit over my head.
It must be true love if it is worth all that.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 15 February 2017, 20:02
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
That I let my wife talk me into coloring my hair to take out some of the gray...Worse, I just looked at the court calendar and a friend of mine is on the same slot as me, and he'll be sure to point it out to the judge
You are so hosed...

I'd rather be gray than bald. I'm genetically predisposed to thick gray hair like my dad and grandfather. In the words of my Korean barber, "you hair like cutting velcro".
Old 15 February 2017, 21:42
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post
You are so hosed...

I'd rather be gray than bald. I'm genetically predisposed to thick gray hair like my dad and grandfather. In the words of my Korean barber, "you hair like cutting velcro".
Right there with you. I had a female classmate who was a marine biologist walk up one day, pat my hair and remark "Wow-this is just like seal fur!" So yeah...it might go gray, but I'm pretty sure I won't lose it.
Old 15 February 2017, 23:00
Been There Done That

That's one bigass head if you can't get it in a Safeway grocery bag!!
Old 16 February 2017, 08:02
Orbi tertio spumae

Quote:
coloring my hair to take out some of the gray.
I did a job a little while ago, one of those very few words ones, that came with just a plane ticket and the instruction "beard to be darker on arrival". So off to the wife's hair guru to add some grey streaks to the white. Salt and pepper I think they called it. Day 2 on the ground they made me shave it off. So I was a hipster for a couple of days. The colour looked surprisingly authentic actually
Old 17 February 2017, 11:23
Confirmed User

Mange. We're fostering a puppy and he has mange. Which means that our entire house smells like a fart because we have to give him a dip in a sulfer/lime solution and let him air dry once a week. Said fart smell has percolated into every corner of the house courtesy of my housemate who left the heater on last night.
Old 17 February 2017, 13:12
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunteran View Post
Mange. We're fostering a puppy and he has mange. Which means that our entire house smells like a fart because we have to give him a dip in a sulfer/lime solution and let him air dry once a week. Said fart smell has percolated into every corner of the house courtesy of my housemate who left the heater on last night.
No, that's just Florida
Old 17 February 2017, 13:44
Confirmed User

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8654maine View Post
Just get a mohawk.
The first time I got a MOHAWK was around 1950, that when they were first popular History just repeating it self
Old 17 February 2017, 13:50
Confirmed User

Confidences being broken, and you getting blamed for it. Case in point, talking to HH6, saying more than I really need to because I'm getting henpecked for information (another story entirely), and finding out later that information you said likely got to a third party besides one's wife.
Old 17 February 2017, 14:22
Authorized Personnel

^^^^

Say it with me. Compartmentalization. Learn it. Live it.
Old 17 February 2017, 14:25
Confirmed User

LOL. Part of what gets me into hot water with HH6 (and why things may go further south soon) is "I didn't think that was remarkable" or "You didn't need to know", or "It didn't really involve you" being met with "Your judgement there is flawed"
Old 17 February 2017, 14:54
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Mess View Post
No, that's just Florida
I wish you were joking. When the wind is right it smells like cat piss (courtesy of the paper mill).
Old 17 February 2017, 15:48
Darwin Award Presenter

Quote:
That I let my wife talk me into coloring my hair to take out some of the gray. I think "it's Valentines Day; I'll get some good nookie out of it if I go along with her makeover project". Now I'm sitting here with a hair color that has never existed anywhere on my body (though is supposedly a perfect match to my eyebrows), and my kids are making fun of me, and my wife is snickering all the time. Worse, I just looked at the court calendar and a friend of mine is on the same slot as me, and he'll be sure to point it out to the judge (who is a woman and who loves to tease me), so today's hearing is going to be a circus. And I can't find a paper bag in downtown Phoenix big enough to fit over my head.

I will share my hair coloring story for a few giggles. I had decided that I would "secretly" use "just for men" with the intention of just covering up a few grays. Embarrassed to admit my vanity, I purchased the box, hid it and when the wife and kids were out set out to "do it myself" Well, I put the gloves on, follow the directions, and when I dip my fingers into the tar like goop, and raise them up to my temples, a string of this weapon of mass destruction forms between my hands. Where does it end up? Right in my eyes.

Now, fast forward 45 minutes of rolling around the back yard squirting the garden hose in my eyes, and cursing, but, no bueno. Feels like I squirted carb cleaner in my peeps.

Finally gave up and drove myself (very carefully) while looking through the swollen red slits that previously functioned as eyeballs. I get to the triage desk and nurse Cratchet asks "Well what happened to you?"

"I sprayed some bee killer and it blew back in my face." Yep, that's my story and I'm stickin to it. Didn't know at the time I had 2 perfect stripes of Tuscan brown on my head......

The gray is here to stay.
Old 17 February 2017, 15:52
In Vino Veritas

LOL, some of you fuckers need to age gracefully. Be a man and rock those grays! Then go buy a sports car and date someone ten years younger than you Words of wisdom by Hot Mess
Old 17 February 2017, 16:11
Another pool cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hile View Post
LOL. Part of what gets me into hot water with HH6 (and why things may go further south soon) is "I didn't think that was remarkable" or "You didn't need to know", or "It didn't really involve you" being met with "Your judgement there is flawed"
Cut the cord.
Old 17 February 2017, 16:16
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by hile View Post
BTDT, do all women share the same brain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8654maine View Post
Cut the cord.
Probably sage advice right there.
Old 18 February 2017, 08:59
Midgetologist

Finding out someone who always showed you kindness passed away.
Counter man at the LGS knew him for years. No one had heard from him so LGS owner had PD do a welfare check and they found him. The good part if any was he did not suffer. Going to miss his Tank stories and teasing him about having a collection but never shooting.

Always there for me and someone I could talk or vent to. He always complimented me on how well maintained a weapon was when I would sell or trade one in. It just sucks he died alone I hate winter. A few times I was down and needed to sell a gun to eat etc. He would always pay me more than Book. Never forgot that.

Our new posting rules