SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18 August 2015, 23:21

ODA 591 AND ODA 593

Hello everyone,

I am collating all the information I can on the events of 12MAR89 that resulted in the crash of a Air Force Reserve Helicopter that took the lives of 11 Special Forces soldiers from the above ODA's. This incident occurred in Arizona after a refueling stop at Davis-Monthan AFB enroute to the Gila Bend gunnery range.

My father was one of the SF men who died on that night, and I have access to a lot of the information my mother gathered after the crash. My purpose in gathering this information is to produce a wikipedia entry on this event and to create a tribute website for them.

In the 26 years since the crash there has not been a single reunion or a collaboration of information that honors their memory. It is my intent to change that.

If you, or someone you know, was attached to 5th Group during that time, or has intimate knowledge of those events, please reach out so that I might have your information to supplement what I have access to.

I understand the closeness of this community and if I need to be vetted prior to someone speaking to me about this, then please feel free to contact me. I will be happy to provide you with whatever information you might need.

V/R,
CW

Our new posting rules