SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Areas of Expertise > Medical

Old 5 November 2019, 11:51

Thanks for the info Poly. I was diagnosed with anemia and low testosterone and I’m 36. I was put on Clomid which has brought my testosterone back to optimum levels. Just like you said, I’m looking to replace what has been lost, it’s be nice to feel like I did 10 years ago. My fitness goals have shifted from solely trying to get as strong as I can to focusing on longevity while building lasting strength and endurance. Not really looking for a silver bullet anymore but I am trying to supplement my system as I age.
Old 5 November 2019, 13:16
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatpaws View Post
Thanks for the info Poly. I was diagnosed with anemia and low testosterone and Iím 36. I was put on Clomid which has brought my testosterone back to optimum levels. Just like you said, Iím looking to replace what has been lost, itís be nice to feel like I did 10 years ago. My fitness goals have shifted from solely trying to get as strong as I can to focusing on longevity while building lasting strength and endurance. Not really looking for a silver bullet anymore but I am trying to supplement my system as I age.
Clomiphene (Clomid) is awesome if you're a responder, congrats. Yeah, I'd just grab the Sublingual DHEA Tabs and Preg Capsules from Life Extension, and call it a day.
Old 5 November 2019, 17:02
Been There Done That

About "Pregesterone":

I was prescribed troches that I took once. I had a lingering headache for about 72 hours following that and my physician advised me against continuing to take it.

So I've now been on Test and HCG for two months. Just ran out of HCG (according to them intentional) and will be getting my refills at the end of this month after a blood panel workup.

One thing I'm a little concerned about is that I'm feeling a little more...aggressive without the HCG. I don't know if that's actually scientifically possible but am curious to hear if anyone else has felt that way.

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot
Old 6 November 2019, 01:00
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatpaws View Post
Hey AZ, Iíll be interested in the results of how youíre feeling on DHEA and Preg, Iím looking into ordering it also.
Not so sure that I can really tell a difference thus far. Actually there's only been one morning since I got my pellets that I woke up thinking "wow, I feel like a million bucks!"
Old 6 November 2019, 06:28
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixedLoad View Post
About "Pregesterone":
Did you mean to type Pregnenolone? Progesterone is a female sex hormone. If Pregnenolone, oral is the preferred method of delivery, in order for first pass liver metabolism to do it's thing. A troche would be sublingual, by passing first pass metabolism - that may have had something to do with it? I'd get the 50mg Life Extension caps and take one and see if the headache returns. But of course your Doc has final say.

HCG is a Luteinizing Hormone mimetic. LH triggers the testes to produce Testosterone. Before we get old and decrepit, our bodies produce LH every day. The 10 units/day we take mimics that. Since T production is suppressed while on exogenous T, not much gets produced via HCG/LH, but it's enough to prevent testicular atrophy - as well as supply the LH receptors all over the body besides the testes. Your Doc may be giving your Leydig cells a break (Leydig produce T, Sertoli produce Sperm). But the small amounts we take shouldn't burn them out? I do 20 units Every Other Day, just to line up with my T, so I'm getting a "break" that way. But as above - it gets produced daily in young men.

I don't see how LH or lack there of, would increase aggression (and there is a healthy amount of aggression to have, for sure) - that's a function of DHT, which is produced via the 5-Alpha Reductase Enzyme, converting Testosterone into it. But different people react differently, go with what the Doc says. (Maybe pull DHT on your next lab panel - mine is off the fricken chart, I have a ton of 5AR enzyme - but I don't have an excess aggression problem (generally a big myth for Testosterone - we all know assholes who aren't on Testosterone injections).
Old 6 November 2019, 13:34
Been There Done That

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
Did you mean to type Pregnenolone? Progesterone is a female sex hormone. If Pregnenolone, oral is the preferred method of delivery, in order for first pass liver metabolism to do it's thing. A troche would be sublingual, by passing first pass metabolism - that may have had something to do with it? I'd get the 50mg Life Extension caps and take one and see if the headache returns. But of course your Doc has final say.

HCG is a Luteinizing Hormone mimetic. LH triggers the testes to produce Testosterone. Before we get old and decrepit, our bodies produce LH every day. The 10 units/day we take mimics that. Since T production is suppressed while on exogenous T, not much gets produced via HCG/LH, but it's enough to prevent testicular atrophy - as well as supply the LH receptors all over the body besides the testes. Your Doc may be giving your Leydig cells a break (Leydig produce T, Sertoli produce Sperm). But the small amounts we take shouldn't burn them out? I do 20 units Every Other Day, just to line up with my T, so I'm getting a "break" that way. But as above - it gets produced daily in young men.

I don't see how LH or lack there of, would increase aggression (and there is a healthy amount of aggression to have, for sure) - that's a function of DHT, which is produced via the 5-Alpha Reductase Enzyme, converting Testosterone into it. But different people react differently, go with what the Doc says. (Maybe pull DHT on your next lab panel - mine is off the fricken chart, I have a ton of 5AR enzyme - but I don't have an excess aggression problem (generally a big myth for Testosterone - we all know assholes who aren't on Testosterone injections).
Yes, you are correct. Also, donít type posts on the phone on Socnet

Thanks for the insights. Scheduled for a blood panel tomorrow, now, and looking forward to seeing the updated values.

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot
Old 8 November 2019, 14:19
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixedLoad View Post
About "Pregesterone":

One thing I'm a little concerned about is that I'm feeling a little more...aggressive without the HCG. I don't know if that's actually scientifically possible but am curious to hear if anyone else has felt that way.
Yes I have personally and have seen it in my patients. But probably nothing to do with not having hCG even though it is back filling other hormones. Hormones are delicate and everyone responds differently. In my experience it is the elevated "T" values that will do that and elevation of other things that come with that what Poly hit on. Plus hCG will slightly elevate your T also so without it you are going in the other direction.

What I have seen, if you are an "A" hole before therapy, therapy can make you a bigger "A" hole but not turn you into one. A little aggression/shortness yes. The answer is to lower your dose if it continues.

Our new posting rules