SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 8 November 2019, 10:31
Going cyclic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
I get it and I understand your point. I just don't see it in everyday life. I can always find it on the Internet if I choose to look for it, I just don't see it or experience it in my world when I leave my house.
I'm in NE, so it's not as prevalent here either. But, just because it's not in my back yard, doesn't mean it isn't happening.
Old 8 November 2019, 10:58
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Like when the crazy lady, or a plant, started talking about eating babies at the meeting AOC had - and no outrage.
And this lady was a Trump supporter.

You only hear crickets chirping when you sit in a room full of crickets. There is outrage from the left and the right, but people only hear what they listen to. The left has their talking heads and the right has theirs.

When was the last time someone on the Right criticized President Trump? If anyone in the Center or Left said or tweeted half the things he has said they would be crucified by the Right.
Old 8 November 2019, 11:25
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dRanger View Post

You only hear crickets chirping when you sit in a room full of crickets. There is outrage from the left and the right, but people only hear what they listen to. The left has their talking heads and the right has theirs.

When was the last time someone on the Right criticized President Trump? If anyone in the Center or Left said or tweeted half the things he has said they would be crucified by the Right.
The right criticizes the POTUS all the time, e.g., Syria, Korea, trade... etc., which I differentiate from his base because he has Ds, Rs, and Independents (all stripes) who support him 100%.

If the so called Rs were in his camp, it would not just be a handful supporting him while this Star Chamber... I mean Impeachment cluster fuck continues. All I hear are crickets. YMMV

Been around the world and found
That only stupid people are breeding
The cretins cloning and feeding
And I don't even own a tv
Old 8 November 2019, 11:42
Find a way out

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dRanger View Post

I don't know if anyone in LaRouch is a supporter for anyone outside their own purposes.

If you wanted R's that are against the President, from a media or pundit standpoint:

The DC examiner.
National Review. <-- Especially David French
The Bulwark (Formally the Weekly Standard's Bill Krystal)
The Dispatch Led by Jonah Goldberg.

-Michael Malice
Old 8 November 2019, 22:31
justauser

I had the pleasure of being trapped with a couple of dripping liberals the past couple of days in close quarters. Otherwise smart, educated, pleasant, nice gentlemen.... Well to do guys who are in the government contracting world, one a PM and one a site manager. I just... it was... I couldn’t believe it.

I attempted to deflect political questions, and then... “do you mind if we watch Rachel Maddow?” (It was on the DVR, in fact about 20 episodes were) Now, honestly, I can care less... I’m able to watch and gather news from a variety of sources and form my own thoughts and opinions. Naturally though, it was impeachment-impeachment-impeachment-charity scam-impeachment and so on and so forth.

I couldn’t help it. I had to ask these two dudes- do you really think he is going to be impeached and you don’t think this is hurting the democrats? Man, they must have blown 17 fuses and glitched their matrix... Could not help but think that he is unraveling and unweaving the American fabric - he can’t do whatever he wants, what has he done for the common man, etc etc... I said you don’t think this is just a continuation of the Russia Russia thing- instant fire! “You don’t think he’s in bed with Putin?!”

I said, what about the documented evidence of the Clinton relationship with Russia- automatic hard stop... “oh did you hear that on FoxNews?!” Followed by a tirade which included phrases like “echo chamber,” “racist dog whistles,” and “cover up artists.”

I tried to end it there and said that watch a lot of news and the information is out there... I poked more... “which of the democrats can beat Trump and have good ideas for the direction of the nation?” The reply- Kamala Harris!

.......... ......... Kamala..... Harris.... dude says, “she was great prosecutor!”

So I asked them if they understand the problems that are plaguing the SF Bay Area right now, and furthermore how she was jailing an untold number of minorities for marijuana while she was a user herself, and how she laughed about it, how she has accomplished little but apparently making her way up via associations with others.

“There’s FoxNews again,” was the reply. I said you guys are free to seek other news and information other than Rachel Maddow.... and I retired for the evening.

There is no logic. There are no facts. There is only emotions and brainwashing. There’s no way to reason with them. They argue with no substance, nothing but already debunked material.

At an earlier point I said don’t you think there is a strong majority based on the election that disagree with everything you’re saying right now in terms of the direction of our nation.... the reply was “oh you mean 40%, that’s not a majority.”

Apparently he’s never seen the red wave map...
Old 9 November 2019, 00:24
Been There Done That

So, Kamala Harris supports "mandatory" (I hate to say this next phrase) assault weapons buyback programs.

OK. Lets start the bidding at say... Or else, I go to my secret lair.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg One-hundred-Billion.jpg (30.0 KB, 226 views)

Karl Childers

Last edited by 1RiserSlip; 9 November 2019 at 00:28. Reason: Spellcheck
Old 9 November 2019, 00:28
Skandalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
So, Kamala Harris supports "mandatory" (I hate to say this next phase) assault weapons buyback programs.

OK. Lets start the bidding at say... Or else, I go to my secret lair.
That's why I am glad that all I have is "defensive" weapons that I use against those awful assault weapons. Whew...at least I am safe now....
Old 9 November 2019, 00:37
Been There Done That

I was just going to turn in a Stanley hammer in lieu of a better definition.

Karl Childers
Old 9 November 2019, 10:12
Clorox bearer for SOTB

My assault weapons identify as flowers.

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Old 9 November 2019, 10:18
been ***** **** that

It is interesting watching this all unfold. I am usually off base in my predictions , fortunately, many of you are pretty on top of this(no pun intended) posturing for power by the Democrats. As I painstakingly peruse the morning news channels(the news discriminates against plain looking people) I see Buttigieg is getting a lot of face time!

I am going to eat some chow and then "press wild flowers"
Old 9 November 2019, 10:32
Hard to Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
You sound as hysterical as that fat chick who fell to her knees and started shrieking the moment Trump was inaugurated.

At the end of the day, the President is one dude. How much has Trump actually been able to accomplish? Not a whole lot. For that matter how much did Obama change anything? How much has your life changed over the past 12 years, other than arguing with SJWs on the internet all the time?

The "survival" of this country is not at stake. I swear to god the some on the right wing has become as irrational as the left- you all have swallowed so many of the 8Chan Black Pills it is amazing. Its the left who is always doom and gloom "we're destroying the planet AAAAAA" we don't need both sides doing that.

At the end of the day, you are living in the most powerful and prosperous nation to ever exist by orders of magnitude. If you brought Washington here in a time machine, he might be dismayed over our politics and aspects of our society but if you were like "Hey BTW our poor people here don't die of disease and starvation, they die of gluttony" he'd nut all over himself.

Try to enjoy it a little...
I agree with the enjoy it a little, but the rest of your post is the anthem of a frog that is being boiled one degree at a time. You don't feel the heat, until you do. That time when you feel it is different for each person. I don't feel it as much because I live in a state that is throwing ice in the pot. Those that live somewhere like VA, the left is throwing wood on the fire.

I get your poor, fat people anecdote, but when I first used a telephone, the only people I feared would listed were my parents. Now everything I say is recorded and stored in the event I become an enemy of the state. And that happens no matter how many corn dogs you eat.
Old 9 November 2019, 11:00
been ***** **** that

I believe the view one is blessed with(or unfortunate to be without), from the comfy confines of their abode while jotting down a thought or opinion, has much to do with the substance of that opine. Some of us use to own a lot of frogs!
Old 9 November 2019, 14:45
killjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by schibbs View Post
Buttigieg is getting a lot of face time
The hits keep comin'...
Old 9 November 2019, 18:33
Been There Done That

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Look. Don'tTouch. View Post
The hits keep comin'...
My OP is starting sadly to come true. Storm is coming - prepare.
Old 9 November 2019, 19:32
Been There Done That

Interesting yesterday, Fox News has a poll asking about Michelle Obama entering the race - well, if she is, the time is ripe to do so. Otherwise I think will be Buttigieg. Bloomberg ....meh. But he does have the money to make things interesting.

So think Michelle May still try to enter?.
Old 9 November 2019, 19:42
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
So think Michelle May still try to enter?.
I'm not calling her out until the DNC is over. I seriously think she's going to ride the white horse into the convention and offer to run for the good of the nation. Not because she wants to be president mind you...
Old 9 November 2019, 19:42
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
I agree with the enjoy it a little, but the rest of your post is the anthem of a frog that is being boiled one degree at a time. You don't feel the heat, until you do. That time when you feel it is different for each person. I don't feel it as much because I live in a state that is throwing ice in the pot. Those that live somewhere like VA, the left is throwing wood on the fire.

I get your poor, fat people anecdote, but when I first used a telephone, the only people I feared would listed were my parents. Now everything I say is recorded and stored in the event I become an enemy of the state. And that happens no matter how many corn dogs you eat.
I mean you know what I do for a living, and the ability of the government to store and analyze information is severely limited, even all these years after 9/11. I mean it is shockingly inept, quite frankly. There is a premier joint command that is at the forefront of the war on drugs that I work with who decided to have a bunch of egg heads design their own analytical system, and it is a complete piece of garbage and the entire command is hamstrung because of it. I see this throughout DoD and the IC. Information is stovepiped, systems don't talk to each other, analysts are millennials who want an easy button.

Snowden was actually a big cause of this- they locked everything down so hard it makes getting things done on a network a complete ass pain.

So I wouldn't worry too much about people coming for you because of your phone calls

As far as VA goes...in Connecticut they banned assault weapons and like nobody turned them in and they just shrugged and were like "alright"

As I have said before- I predict if things get bad enough we will have a "conscious uncoupling" of blue cities from red states and nullification of federal, state and local laws on both sides. Maybe a gunfight or two between a city Sheriffs dept. and ICE, that sort of thing, but then a wary standoff for a while before something shifts the political winds elsewhere.
Old 9 November 2019, 22:22
Hard to Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
I mean you know what I do for a living, and the ability of the government to store and analyze information is severely limited, even all these years after 9/11. I mean it is shockingly inept, quite frankly. There is a premier joint command that is at the forefront of the war on drugs that I work with who decided to have a bunch of egg heads design their own analytical system, and it is a complete piece of garbage and the entire command is hamstrung because of it. I see this throughout DoD and the IC. Information is stovepiped, systems don't talk to each other, analysts are millennials who want an easy button.

Snowden was actually a big cause of this- they locked everything down so hard it makes getting things done on a network a complete ass pain.

So I wouldn't worry too much about people coming for you because of your phone calls

As far as VA goes...in Connecticut they banned assault weapons and like nobody turned them in and they just shrugged and were like "alright"

As I have said before- I predict if things get bad enough we will have a "conscious uncoupling" of blue cities from red states and nullification of federal, state and local laws on both sides. Maybe a gunfight or two between a city Sheriffs dept. and ICE, that sort of thing, but then a wary standoff for a while before something shifts the political winds elsewhere.
You know what I do and I hide in plain site. I wear 5.11's in downtown Kirachi and wear a Green Beret Foundation patch on my carry on. I don't worry about my calls being recorded, its the principle that they shouldn't do it, yet they do because "Murica. I was telling a HS friend, a liberal Trump hater that I thoroughly enjoy triggering that my life was not that bad outside of some ammo shortages (That we imposed on ourselves) under Obama, outside business being slow and having to live with the shame of having him as POTUS (OK, I am reading it now.....) I told him the same thing as he froths at the mouth in the face book. All he says is orange man bad. I talked him through his car, his house his health and his life and it is no different except that he has a little more money to spend.

Here is an example of what I am talking about that is much closer to serving boiled frog legs......

Decades ago, gay marriage was not even a thing, being gay in the military was verbotten. Then, through progressiveness, being gay was OK, the left shifted their doctrine and gay marriage is now a legal thing as is .mil paying for sex change operations. Now we have a bajillion genders. I made the statement about 5 years ago that this lack of moral fiber in human sexuality would eventually lead to the acceptance of pedophilia. A few months back, we saw signs at gay rights rallys about "accepting pedophiles". Now, someone famous here stated if a 5 year old can make his own decision about his gender alteration surgery, they will be allowed to say who they love and BAM, just like that, the frog is boiled and on the plate. And everyone will stand there with their collective tongues in their collective mouths and say, For Fuck's Sake, how did that happen?

In short, its not the life we live day to day as much as it is the foundation on which we live it.
Old 10 November 2019, 08:01
Administrator

Regardless if the gov is "limited" in what they have the ability to do, the issues is they're doing it and trying to do it on as large a scale as they can.

If it impacts one person, that is one person too many.
Old 10 November 2019, 11:07
Confirmed User

Creeping incrementalism - works wonders on an out of touch populous. To them it's just a little thing since they have no remembrance of history and all the 'little' things that came before. Suddenly they wake up and think how the hell did we get here? Now good luck trying to make the leviathan switch course or restore surrendered freedoms.

Our new posting rules