Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 27 June 2018, 17:36
Been There Done That

Justice Kennedy to Retire

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/27/anth...eme-court.html

I must be dreaming...Trump gets another SC pick, with Ginsburg possibly close behind.

I believe there is going to be a full-on, no holds barred, impeach Trump movement that will make current goings on look tame. Two more SC nominations by Trump will not be tolerated by the left.
Old 27 June 2018, 17:39
regular speed jerk, not a high speed jerk

It's funny, given how the pendulum normally swings back and forth. The D's really just needed to "not act crazy" and have some realistic positions during the mid-terms...

And they can't even do that. They literally cannot act reasonable. Some of the stuff on Twitter, even from CNN, MSNBC worthy commentators is completely off the chain. They are going nuts.
Old 27 June 2018, 17:48
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by t10Guy View Post
It's funny, given how the pendulum normally swings back and forth. The D's really just needed to "not act crazy" and have some realistic positions during the mid-terms...

And they can't even do that. They literally cannot act reasonable. Some of the stuff on Twitter, even from CNN, MSNBC worthy commentators is completely off the chain. They are going nuts.
My favorite tweet so far:

“UPDATE: Anthony Kennedy to be replaced by a futuristic device that simply makes your nightmares real,. Asked about the legal wisdom of such an appointment, the president reportedly said, "Enjoy, motherfuckers!"

LOL!
Old 27 June 2018, 17:50
Authorized Personnel

The wailing and gnashing of teeth after his appointment will probably be so strong it will register on the Richter Scale as an aftershock or stronger.

This is a good thing!
Old 27 June 2018, 17:55
Anesthetized User

Can’t wait to see the MSM lose their Fing minds during the vetting and confirmation process of the nominee.

I predict crazy in full effect.

Winter is here again oh Lord,
Haven't been home in a year or more
I hope she holds on a little longer
Sent a letter on a long summer day
Made of silver, not of clay
I've been runnin' down this dusty road

I've been trying to make it home
Got to make it before too long
I can't take this very much longer
I'm stranded in the sleet and rain
Don't think I'm ever gonna make it home again.
Old 27 June 2018, 17:57
One jump chump

Crazy is already in full effect... It’s bringing much joy to my otherwise dull Wednesday.

“An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.”
Old 27 June 2018, 18:00

On the one hand the normal guy in me, that pavlovianly still adheres to modern sensible thinking, hopes that POTUS will get someone in there that will be a bulwark against the liberal insanity that is 100% guaranteed to occur when they inevitably gain power again.

The Marine in me knows that there is no fixing our system without going full exterminatus on vast swaths of the population and that perhaps what we really need (not 'want') in the SCOTUS is some luke-warm moderate dipshit in there that will ensure that these insane liberal policies are NOT combated. That the accelerationism will occur at a rate that cannot be papered over or absorbed by the people. Quick enough that I will still be a relatively young man and not an old decrepit geezer who cannot participate in the final purge.
Old 27 June 2018, 18:02
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
My favorite tweet so far:

“UPDATE: Anthony Kennedy to be replaced by a futuristic device that simply makes your nightmares real,. Asked about the legal wisdom of such an appointment, the president reportedly said, "Enjoy, motherfuckers!"

LOL!
On Facebook I saw “Breaking: 9th circuit blocks Justice Kennedy’s retirement.”
Old 27 June 2018, 18:08
Confirmed User

November came early this year!

https://mobile.twitter.com/davidside...43479667445761
Old 27 June 2018, 18:14
Policeman Officer

Let's just hope whoever he appoints is pro second amendment.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 27 June 2018, 18:44
The atomic zit

Dead nuts truth. I just got off the phone with my brother, same mother and father if that’s of interest, and apparently he knows some people that cried once they heard this was happening.

My brother and I don’t similar friends.
Old 27 June 2018, 18:59
Confirmed User

^ I may have cried tears of joy.
Old 27 June 2018, 19:22
Authorized Personnel

I guess Schumer wants to try and do a Biden Ban for Kennedy’s replacement. The stupid runs deep and wide with the smuckster. I didn’t read the entire article for fear of losing IQ points... and I can’t afford to loose them. All I know about the Biden ban is that they used it against Pres Obama in the last few months of his 2nd term.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/06/2...ick-biden-rule

America...a country founded by geniuses but managed by idiots
Old 27 June 2018, 19:27
Confirmed User

.... and this is probably why the Democrats propped up Hillary, one of the two worst candidates to be nominated by the R/D machine in decades....

The left knew Hillary would dependably promote only extreme "progressives", and they realized that at least 2-3 would need to retire before the next 2 terms were completed (note: most presidents in recent years have held the presidency for 2 terms).

... and this is the reason I voted for Trump instead of a 3rd party candidate...
Old 27 June 2018, 19:48
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosty View Post
.... and this is probably why the Democrats propped up Hillary, one of the two worst candidates to be nominated by the R/D machine in decades...
And IMHO the MAIN reason they are desperate to impeach Trump. Three Trump nominations will change things for decades. Imagine a fourth...Breyer turns 84 three years into Trumps second term. OMFingG.
Old 27 June 2018, 19:56
Been There Done That

Well just remember Bush and Reagan both appointed some that turned out to not be so conservative. Too little, too late now. I am not optimistic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 27 June 2018, 20:01
Been There Done That

Kennedy was always the sway vote. Like a bi-sexual you never knew which way he was swinging.

The POTUS will do good. He already has a list.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 27 June 2018, 21:05
Confirmed User

The White House has released the list from which POTUS wil pick, it can be found here:
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...me-court-list/

Heads are exploding online. These people must have a mental issue. They think Justice Thomas would rollback protections for black people? They can’t be this stupid, I refuse to believe it.

On a lighter note, a couple of select nuggets from the salt mines:

Quote:
I honestly expect this to devolve into a civil war now.

Trump isn't going to show restraint in his selection, republicans aren't going to demand it, and democrats arent going to be able to enforce it. It'll be an outright fascist.

This ends in flames.
Quote:
I can't sleep. I can barely breathe. I wish I could go into a coma.

We are fucked. Absolutely, totally, probably irrevocably.

I would leave if I could, but I have family and friends I'd have to leave behind. I can't do that to them.

The only thing to do is go down fighting, even if it means a Trump-brand boot stomping on my face forever.
Quote:
Holy crap I can't stop crying, this is all just too much. It's just one horrible news story every fucking day for the last 3 years. Trump is the biggest buffoon in the world but he seems to somehow manage to win every time. Our country is lost, and I personally would like to apologize to Europe, Mexico, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
Fuck you Russia, and fuck you too Putin. Holy shit you've ruined us all.
Old 27 June 2018, 21:10

LOL.....I’m bathing in liberal tears....
Old 27 June 2018, 21:11
Sound off for equipment check!

Let’s see... Yes, here it is. Justice Kagan was confirmed in August, 2010, an election year. Just like this year.

Precedence, and in the same decade.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.” ~Patrick Henry

"Sēlre bið æghwæm þæt hē his frēond wrece, þonne hē fela murne." ~Bēowulf, bearn Ecgþēowes

Our new posting rules